Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bray Wyatt is a goddamn MASTER. To think that's Husky Harris of all people. Just goes to show that the right gimmick goes a long long way. Also Memo Montenegro AKA Alberto Del RiBro (I'm sorry :() made me laugh for some reason. And I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that that one woman loving HATED Leakee/Roman Reigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Bray Wyatt is a goddamn MASTER. To think that's Husky Harris of all people. Just goes to show that the right gimmick goes a long long way.

Absolutely. It's a revelation.

It's a gimmick that can work in PG WWE but wow, does it play to the line or what.

Harper is great in the role of the bizarre, hypnotized berzerker of Bray Wyatt.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Big E still can't quite believe how over he is, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how that $5000 bounty plays out.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Bray Wyatt is the loving future. I've been singing his praises since the first promo, I'm happy that so many other people are realizing how loving good he is.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that that one woman loving HATED Leakee/Roman Reigns.

YOU SUCK ROMAN! YOU SUCK! YOU SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Also Striker trying to do his best Fink impression.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Sheamus vs Barrett was really drat good by the way in case anyone hasn't watched it yet.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I always thought Husky was very good with mannerism and that is pretty much the icing on his crazy promos.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I love how they are combining all these cult leader/serial killer vibes into Husky Harris, love the Charles Manson family he is going to have.
E: When is the next taping of NXT going to be?

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 9, 2012

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

November 8ish, 2012

Part 1 An Uso vs. Jinder Mahal
Part 2 Raw recap, Justin Gabriel vs. Tensai
Part 3 End of Gabriel/Tensai, more Raw recap!!!

I hope Tensai is getting paid well. WWE should tape all shows in England from now on. Brad Maddox: Superstars main eventer!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And I couldn't stop laughing at the fact that that one woman loving HATED Leakee/Roman Reigns.

Anyone with a modicum of taste loving HATES Leakee.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Caught NXT for the first time in a while and I was delighted to see Bray Wyatt is back. Luke Harper is Brodie Lee, right?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Jerusalem posted:

Caught NXT for the first time in a while and I was delighted to see Bray Wyatt is back. Luke Harper is Brodie Lee, right?
Yep.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

November 10, 2012

PTP vs. Usos
Segment about WWE giants
Primo vs. Khali

Opener was a really sound tag match and a lot of fun, and the main event was the best Khali match I've ever seen. Might have something to do with the fact that he didn't hit a single offensive maneuver. It's nice to see that Dolph will have a viable career in commentary after his body completely falls apart, as he added a lot to the show.

"Maybe he has something in both of his eyes."

"You could say both teams are off to a methodical start...if you laughed when you said it."

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 11, 2012

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Saturday Morning Slam is all I've ever wanted out of wrestling. You can tell they're actually having fun out there, and Ziggler is indeed excellent on commentary.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Saturday Morning Slam is oddly entertaining. It's such an easy watch at 20something minutes, and the matches tend to have a lot more psychology than your generic 3 minute Raw/SD squash. I like that they have lots of history on it too with the video vault segments, cool to see stuff like a random Jake Roberts promo. The first few weeks of the show were kinda rough, the matches (1 per show) were full of awkward cutting away (like Jinder Mahal doing a powerbomb, of all moves), but now it's two matches with a better story, to avoid all the cutting.

I would have loving loved this show as a kid.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

I love the show as an adult. It just seems like everyone is having way more fun, which in turn, makes it more enjoyable to watch. I loved the tag match with the pick thing and the millions of dollars mock chant and PTP's pathetic millions of dollars chant.
I love Dolph doing color, it just makes me realize how bad Santino was doing it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

E: Chinston did it better than me

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 15, 2012

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

November 14, 2012

Part 1 Jinder Mahal promo, Yoshi & Percy vs. Ascension, Layla/Aksana promo, Corey Graves vs. Oliver Grey
Part 2 Big E interview, Aksana vs. Layla, Wyatt promo, Roman Reigns vs. Chase Donovan
Part 3 End of Leakee match, Jinder vs. Bo

I've decided to put NXT stuff under spoiler tags because there are actual story happenings on the show and I like to be surprised as I watch it so I figure others might too. For those who just hone in on specific guys/matches, then you can check the listings under the tags.

November 14, 2012

Part 1 Build to Rhodes Scholars vs. Team Friendship, start of match
Part 2 Match
Part 3 Santino vs. Otunga :geno:

I dig Conor O'Brien's new 'do - he looks much more imposing. Commentary was even more scattered than usual and sorely missing William Regal's presence. I loved JR describing Aksana's actions as "a seductive waste of time," and she was pretty non-PG this week. Matches were decent but most of my favourites weren't competing.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 15, 2012

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ehh I was pretty bored with this week's show. The opener felt like the first half of the match was edited out, Regal wasn't there to fill the boring parts with hilarity and did anyone really think Bo was going to beat Jinder? That said I like Corey's new look, Big E seems to be improving his speaking skills and Bray Wyatt continues to be insanely good.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Corey Graves vs. Corey Graves

:confused:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

They've finally added Mirror Mode to NXT!

...good lord I have ADHD. To my credit, though, the announcers made the same mistake repeatedly.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

I loving love Big E.

Bray Wyatt is also awesome.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Big E needs to join the Prime Time Players. He'd fit right in.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/73382/two-wwe-releases.html?p=1
Let us never forget:

And

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FACE?!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Quantrill posted:

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FACE?!

French.

Benign
Oct 20, 2008

And I Quote!
browsing the NXT roster:

who in the world is this:
http://www.fcwwrestling.info/Roster/Enzo-Amore.html

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Whoever he is, he adds to the FCW tradition of loving ridiculous tattoos.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Benign posted:

browsing the NXT roster:

who in the world is this:
http://www.fcwwrestling.info/Roster/Enzo-Amore.html
Why, he's Richard Harrow, of course.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Perigryn posted:

Why, he's Richard Harrow, of course.

Even if he wrestled worse than Garrett Bischoff I would forgive it if he had a Richard Harrow gimmick.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

There's only room for one French Stallion in FCW/NXT, and it ain't that guy.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Nick Rogers has been released too along with a couple of other guys.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Who is Travis Tyler and why does he look so much like young Regal (right down to the Blue Bloods trunks)?

EDIT -

Also, Danny Burch -

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Nov 17, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I really hope this guy goes places in NXT other than a jobber that looks like Robert Roode from a distance.
http://www.fcwwrestling.info/Roster/Brandon-Traven.html

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

November 15ish, 2012

Part 1 2MB vs. Usos, Raw recap-o-rama
Part 3 Khali vs. JTG sandwiched between recaps

The rest of the show consisted entirely of Raw and SD recaps. What the hell, Superstars?!

November 17, 2012

Regal vs. Truth
Miz segment
Survivor Series Video Vault
Kofi vs. Zack

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 22, 2012

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Perry Normal posted:

EDIT -
Also, Danny Burch -

This is mini-ryback right here. To be fair I would be behind an angle where Ryback and Mini-Ryback went after the tag titles.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

A Ryback Gillberg?

Yes. That is all. Just yes.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

November 21, 2012

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Kassius promo
Paige vs. Alicia
Big E vs. Camacho
Nick Rogers vs. BRONSON
Luke Harper vs. Mike Dalton
Rollins interview
Raw Rebound
Kassius vs. Trent?

The fact that this is the first week with pink ropes on NXT tells us how far behind the tapings are. I also love how they followed face Rollins with a Raw Rebound in which he played the heel - why are they showing Raw poo poo on NXT anyway, I feel like they don't usually do that and it's a change for the worse. I think the next callup from NXT should be the crowd, because those guys are awesome.

"I don't think we're going to see any Tebowing tonight."

"Thus far, no one has been able to penetrate Big E Langston." :stare:

November 21, 2012

Miz vs. Ziggler
Barrett vs. Gabriel
Sandow promo

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Nov 25, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Love the glasses that Kassius wears in his promos.
E: Aw chanting Ziggler to Mike Dalton, not cool NXT crowd.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 22, 2012

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Love the glasses that Kassius wears in his promos.
E: Aw chanting Ziggler to Mike Dalton, not cool NXT crowd.

Also chanting Jesus for Kassius. I love this crowd, also really enjoyed the Fox/Paige match. I have to assume Alicia's training down there with SDR because she seems to keep improving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

November 21, 2012

Part 1 Kassius promo, Paige vs. Alicia, Big E vs. Camacho
Part 2 Nick Rogers vs. BRONSON, Luke Harper vs. Mike Dalton, Rollins interview, Raw Rebound
Part 3 Kassius vs. Trent?

The fact that this is the first week with pink ropes on NXT tells us how far behind the tapings are. I also love how they followed face Rollins with a Raw Rebound in which he played the heel - why are they showing Raw poo poo on NXT anyway, I feel like they don't usually do that and it's a change for the worse. I think the next callup from NXT should be the crowd, because those guys are awesome.

"I don't think we're going to see any Tebowing tonight."

"Thus far, no one has been able to penetrate Big E Langston." :stare:

November 21, 2012

Part 1 Build to Miz vs. Ziggler, start of match
Part 2 Match continues, Barrett vs. Gabriel, Sandow promo

Any alternate links? These videos have been taken down.

• Locked thread