Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loud dildo
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/photoshop-phriday/glitch-faces-gifs.php?page=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loud dildo
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

loud dildo
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

oOIjokM OIJaoskjdd. WHaiuhtittt i can oii oj do i o fioro uy ououy?

loud dildo fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 30, 2012

loud dildo
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
They're actually done in gimp.

For this I scribbled over his face with the lasso tool and pasted the selection onto a random frame, then mixed up all the frames at the end to give him jerky movement. It only took 5 minutes.

For these I used a pattern fill in the bucket fill tool dialogue and either used a selection by lasso'ing his face and hitting ctrl-c, or using preset patterns like with the more colorful image. You can choose what parts of the image to fill by either manually lasso'ing the areas OR by changing the threshold number.

I think I should make a thread about all the cool poo poo you can do in gimp.

loud dildo
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Shoeicide posted:

Been playing in Photoshop more, creating I guess fake glitch art.

The Leche De Mipalo stuff is really inspiring.

Anyone with better knowledge with Gifs and such know now to get the quality of the images to be like the Gifs he made, I don't know if maybe he created the images around the gif limitations, or that there is a way to increase the quality. I've got it on 256 colours and PS doesn't want to go higher for Gifs.

Convert it to RGB before doing anything, then you can index it to fewer colors.

loud dildo
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

loud dildo
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

I opened this gif up in audacity 2.0.2 with a-law & big-endian settings (I don't know what that is) and just exported it without any manipulation. Then I had to open it in gimp and export it to a gif as an animation to get it to work.

Protip: You can get different effects in audacity if your image is saved as RBG or Indexed.

I repeated the echo effect and saved each iteration to a new tif, then combined them into an animation in gimp.

loud dildo fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loud dildo
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

SeXReX posted:

Artificially glitched GIF. I took the idea of messing with the individual channels and thought "what if a gif forgot how to put itself back together." The result was having each color channel run slightly out of sync with the others. Original

That's an awesome idea.

Here's my interpretation:

• Locked thread