Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2644 »
duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Palpek posted:

Ok I guess I'll try to mix those up with images next time.

But the question still remains: Homefront or Farming Simulator 2011
Farming Simulator 2011

Co-op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Move Fast and Heal

prahanormal posted:

The single player campaign was laughably awful, but the multiplayer is a lot of fun for a modern military shooter. Granted, I have no idea if the pc still has people playing but it was still going strong when I played on the xbox a few months back.

People are still playing multiplayer, but good luck lasting 5 seconds when people are out gunning you at every turn. The level divide can feel too much sometimes.

Still really fun though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when people are summoning you all over the place to "be their friend".

Thank you for setting up the Worms 4-pack, Saoshyant.

zip zop zoobitybop
Sep 19, 2007

Press X to literally climb into a mass grave on a baseball diamond. Homefront was pretty ridiculous but since I've played it already I vote farming simulator.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 3, 2011

So I was playing Dark Messiah, a game I bought years ago, in an attempt to clean out my backlog.

Then this happened.

I'm not sure if I want to play this game anymore.

e: this was after I had to verify the game cache because about half of the objects in that level were giant red ERROR signs, including that lady

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

WickedIcon posted:

Dark Messiah

e: this was after I had to verify the game cache because about half of the objects in that level were giant red ERROR signs, including that lady

Did you try kicking her? That usually fixed things for me in that game.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

WickedIcon posted:

So I was playing Dark Messiah, a game I bought years ago, in an attempt to clean out my backlog.

Then this happened.

What do you mean, she's just doing The Bernie through the town square, that's normal.

Possibly NWS, I haven't watched the whole thing in a long time: The Bernie Dance

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kicking is the weapon of choice for Dark Messiah.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Move Fast and Heal

Dark Messiah Thread: Have you tried kicking it?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

WickedIcon posted:

Then this happened.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

The best loving feature ever and I'm jealous.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

WickedIcon posted:

Then this happened.

I don't even think skyrim broke that badly?
This coming from someone who clocked in over 350 hours on it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Okay, so, is anyone here interested in doing a Borderlands 2 4-pack? I'm in Europe, so i can't buy.

Got a copy sorted out. Aw yeah.

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at Oct 8, 2012 around 15:54

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

Palpek posted:

Ok I guess I'll try to mix those up with images next time.

But the question still remains: Homefront or Farming Simulator 2011

The answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Once again, I have to stop in and say that Lock is awesome. He helped me bypass the crazy Australian pricing for Xcom. Thanks for saving me $20 man!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm trying to redeem my GOG code from IndieGameStand for Geneforge Saga but unlike other games GOG wont let me use a promo code for it. Any idea about how can I redeem my code?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

"Bow before your four foot master!"

Guillermus posted:

I'm trying to redeem my GOG code from IndieGameStand for Geneforge Saga but unlike other games GOG wont let me use a promo code for it. Any idea about how can I redeem my code?

There's a tiny Redeem Gift link at the bottom of every page.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Guillermus posted:

https://secure.gog.com/en/redeem

Elf Help Book is talking about a very small link on the bottom left of the main (and I guess every other page) where websites tend to put there 'contact me' and 'about' navigational links. It's not very intuitively placed, but it's technically in the same general location as the Steam client's.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead.

I had to ask support for this because those links didn't work. So it stays up.

I have a heads up for Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective fans. Three live-action games are available on Desura and the main site for a few bucks each. There are efforts being made to get all of them on Steam.

http://www.zojoi.com/mummys_curse.htm

http://www.desura.com/games/sherloc...etective-case-1
http://www.desura.com/games/sherloc...etective-case-2
http://www.desura.com/games/sherloc...etective-case-3

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 3, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

I don't even think skyrim broke that badly?
This coming from someone who clocked in over 350 hours on it.

Yeah I have no clue what the gently caress caused that and I'm glad I screencapped it because it's completely hilarious.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

> typeof null === "object";
true
>

PROTIP for Mac gamers (all five of us) considering the Geneforge bundle: you can only get the Mac versions through the IndieGameStand site; they're not on Steam or GOG

Hopefully the Mac versions will come to Steam, I have no idea why they wouldn't be on there unless the games were ported super recently.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

abraham linksys posted:

Hopefully the Mac versions will come to Steam, I have no idea why they wouldn't be on there unless the games were ported super recently.

Vogel (used to, at least) develop for Macs first.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

> typeof null === "object";
true
>

ChrisAsmadi posted:

Vogel (used to, at least) develop for Macs first.

Weird.

Does anyone have any particular tips/guidelines for playing the series? I just jumped into the first one and it seems not too difficult to get into, and this is coming from someone who never wrapped his head around Infinity Engine RPGs. Any major pitfalls I should watch out for?

There's no way I'm going to have time to play more than a few hours of maybe one or two of these games, anyways. I respect the idea of a super long RPG but I have never finished any game that took more than 20 hours, let alone five of them

Ddraig
Sep 5, 2005

Sits with a full house

If you can get into them, they're incredibly engaging games and they're very well constructed so even though they do last a long time, you're always doing something interesting and it never gets tiresome, unlike JRPGs or whatever when most of that time is lovely cutscenes and travelling around a mostly empty world map.

That said, just go with the flow. They're very well written, and do allow a ton of opportunities for actual role-play. Going in blind is an advantage, really.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

A little late to the party, but Tecman, you are a fantastic individual and I hope you feel good about yourself. That OP is more thorough than any I have ever seen.

So working through my backlog, I've been playing Tomb Raider Anniversary. Having somehow passed over the Tomb Raider series as a kid, I have to say that this is great fun. Honestly, I prefer this game to Assassin's Creed in terms of jumping, climbing, and platforming. Clicking in the trigger to shoot your pistol a million times and killing raptors is just classic good timez. Also, the graphics were way better than I expected for a five year old game, even though I knew it was a remake of the original. Either the story makes no sense or I just don't care about it. Something about her dead parents?

Good old-school fun for like two bucks on sale.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

elf help book posted:

There's a tiny Redeem Gift link at the bottom of every page.

Drifter posted:

Elf Help Book is talking about a very small link on the bottom left of the main (and I guess every other page) where websites tend to put there 'contact me' and 'about' navigational links. It's not very intuitively placed, but it's technically in the same general location as the Steam client's.

Scalding Coffee posted:

I had to ask support for this because those links didn't work. So it stays up.

Thank you all. Used my copy and now I'm downloading Geneforge Saga because I'm one of the users that have problems with Steam version (I'll just overwrite them with GOG's).

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it?
My coffee warned
me about it.

Expendables 2 is a daily - a game that came out 1,5 month ago. It has 4 day 1 DLCs that unlock in-game stuff=paid cheatcodes for EACH CHARACTER separately. This is all so lovely that I would really like to review it .

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001

More importantly, Hotline: Miami is now available for purchase with a 10% pre-order discount.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Fart of Presto posted:

More importantly, Hotline: Miami is now available for purchase with a 10% pre-order discount.

No pre-order bonuses? So i guess it would be better to preorder from that site that gave you a bonus level or whatever?

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most..." - M.T

Is Steam purchasing bugging out for anyone else? Trying to purchase X-com and keeps saying failing to update or initialize transaction.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Manac0r posted:

Is Steam purchasing bugging out for anyone else? Trying to purchase X-com and keeps saying failing to update or initialize transaction.

Same thing is happening to a friend of mine.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Manac0r posted:

Just buy it from GMG unless you really need the hats.

$5 cheaper, plus $10 GMG credit back.

E: You get Civ5, the XCOM preorder bonus, and a Steam key that you can use to preload.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/xcom-deal/

Foehammer fucked around with this message at Oct 8, 2012 around 18:06

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

It's called the SEC for a reason.
It's about Straight Earning Cash.

abraham linksys posted:

Does anyone have any particular tips/guidelines for playing the series? I just jumped into the first one and it seems not too difficult to get into, and this is coming from someone who never wrapped his head around Infinity Engine RPGs. Any major pitfalls I should watch out for?
Thread here with a bunch of info. The reason the Mac versions aren't on Steam is some incompatibility with the file format ("resource forks"?)

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Foehammer posted:

E: You get Civ5, the XCOM preorder bonus, and a Steam key that you can use to preload.

Done and done. Thanks.

jvempire
May 10, 2009

Palpek posted:

Expendables 2 is a daily - a game that came out 1,5 month ago. It has 4 day 1 DLCs that unlock in-game stuff=paid cheatcodes for EACH CHARACTER separately. This is all so lovely that I would really like to review it .
Half the fun is spinning around during cutscenes, and the other half is the horrible voice acting.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Foehammer posted:

Aaaaaah gently caress it. I guess I'm on the hook for two new games this month.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm a little upset XCOM and Dishonored come out at the same time. I'll end up playing Dishonored first because everyone knows XCOM owns but nobody knows about Dishonored yet.

Also, I have no idea why they didn't put the carrier command demo on Steam. I don't know what this "not steam" thing is.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Got my code from Greenmangaming, inputted it into Steam, says invalid code. Sending email to support as I type this.

E: Must be a delay from when GMG issue the key and Steam accepts it, as after copy and pasting the key 20 times, it finally worked.

EE: Did anyone else order from GMG? Where is the Free Civ V?

Manac0r fucked around with this message at Oct 8, 2012 around 18:47

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Manac0r posted:

Got my code from Greenmangaming, inputted it into Steam, says invalid code. Sending email to support as I type this.

E: Must be a delay from when GMG issue the key and Steam accepts it, as after copy and pasting the key 20 times, it finally worked.

EE: Did anyone else order from GMG? Where is the Free Civ V?

Glad your key worked for you, eventually.

Civ 5 and the $10 GMG store credit will be released tonight / tomorrow, when XCOM actually launches.

frogg
May 20, 2006

walrus bottle

Kyrosiris posted:

Thank you for setting up the Worms 4-pack, Saoshyant.

Thanks for booting me from your 4-pack, Saoshyant.
e: Ended up just buying my own copy. gently caress your list and gently caress your 10 minute 6am payment window.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daimo
Sep 14, 2007

Palpek posted:

4th screenshot on the store page: The crash barriers have exactly the same bullet marks. I'll put the same effort into playing the game that they did making it.

«2644 »