Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3060 »
Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Jubala, Jubalo Jubalum
I'm a giant on this earth, fee fi fo fum
Cerebellum over-loader make your brain stem numb!

Just a heads up and while this doesn't mean much because you know....game journalism. Both Dishonoured and X-com are receiving stella reviews, so if you have to choose between the two, you can't really lose.

X-com's demo was a little disappointing, but from what I have been reading it really opens up later on and the demo was more like a poor tutorial. Either way my weekend is locked down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Yeah, it was an unfortunate decision to have the demo be lifted straight from the tutorial, but there is plenty of actual gameplay footage available to show what the game is really like.

Cosby Onahole
Nov 1, 2011

relax

Kung Fu Strike's been added to the latest Groupees bundle: http://groupees.com/bm5

It's a decent beat-em-up, yet another good reason to pick up that pack.

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

Bleak are the hearts in summer, long wintertime.

I went and rebought Thief II on Steam because I can't remember where I left my physical copy. I think I've crossed a dangerous line.

Someone asked a couple of pages back if the Steam version of the game works with the new fan patch, and the answer is yes, but not straight out of the box. I had to modify darkinst.cfg to point to the right install directory. After that you're good to go, but it's a good idea to open cam_ext.cfg to set graphics options to your liking.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I tweaked everything via ingame menus. The patch worked fine for me

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

Bleak are the hearts in summer, long wintertime.

It could be because I didn't launch the game at all before installing the patch, but it just crashed to desktop for me. The config file I mentioned seemed to be the culprit, as it pointed to somewhere in Program Files when the game was actually installed on a different drive altogether.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

We're marooned on a small island in an endless sea, confined to a tiny spit of sand, unable to escape.

But tonight, on this small planet, we're gonna rock civilization.

Cass posted:

Kung Fu Strike's been added to the latest Groupees bundle: http://groupees.com/bm5

It's a decent beat-em-up, yet another good reason to pick up that pack.

Aside from one item, that really is a good bundle. It's essentially $5 for 5 good games now, plus X-Blades. Downloading Kung-Fu Strike now. Heard consistently good things about it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

BeMine is rapidly becoming my favorite bundler, if only because they tend to pick a lot of games that haven't already been in bundles.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

We're marooned on a small island in an endless sea, confined to a tiny spit of sand, unable to escape.

But tonight, on this small planet, we're gonna rock civilization.

Technique posted:

BeMine is rapidly becoming my favorite bundler, if only because they tend to pick a lot of games that haven't already been in bundles.

Their last bundle was pretty awful, though - the featured item was Revelations 2012. They're hit-and-miss, but this one only really has one low-point.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Dominic White posted:

Their last bundle was pretty awful, though - the featured item was Revelations 2012. They're hit-and-miss, but this one only really has one low-point.

Revelations 2012 is one of those games that's so bad you have to own it, though. I'm totally gonna give it a shot when i clear out my backlog. (Which means around 2018)

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

Now that's Moxious

Anyone in for a 4-pack for Torchlight 2? I'd pay in Steam wallet dollars.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/maxheb/

Xabarin
Jun 9, 2006

I don't wanna grow up

Dominic White posted:

Holy poo poo, you've just reminded me that I have Revelations 2012 on my games library. I gave money to those guys. Not much arguably, but I paid money for this game. This is what indie bundles do to you.

Haven't installed it though, and I don't think I ever will.

blargle
Apr 2, 2007

I didn't see this posted anywhere in the OP and haven't found a solution on Google. I'm having to constantly restart Steam to play games, mostly Portal 2 and CS:GO. Once I play one of these all Steam games give me some variant of "Steam must be running to play" or "No Steam". Is this a common problem?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste?
YUMMY!

What does the total price come to if someone from outside the USA uses the GMG coupon and buys X-COM? Since it comes with everything but the TF2 hats, I'm really tempted to have a friendly Euro-goon hook me up. I'm really waffling though, since my gaming budget isn't the biggest.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE

jivjov posted:

What does the total price come to if someone from outside the USA uses the GMG coupon and buys X-COM? Since it comes with everything but the TF2 hats, I'm really tempted to have a friendly Euro-goon hook me up. I'm really waffling though, since my gaming budget isn't the biggest.

In the UK it's 22.50. I still don't have my copy of CiV though...

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

jivjov posted:

37.50 here

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste?
YUMMY!

Thanks for the price checks...still a little to rich for my blood, I'll snag it later when money is less of a concern. Hopefully the elite soldier pack stuff will be available post-launch as DLC or something.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Is anyone doing a Worms Revolution 4 pack? Alternately, the GMG version says that it comes with the pre-order bonus of Armageddon, but does that activate on Steam? If it does, I will probably go that way since it'll just be easier.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD.

Can anyone with an American steam account go to the Store and tell me the ETA on Dishonored coming out? Thanks

graventy
Jul 27, 2006

Jesus, Digital River is like the worst internet thing ever created. Can only download for 30 days? gently caress you.

Hemish
Jan 24, 2005

SNARF SNARF SNARF posted:

Can anyone with an American steam account go to the Store and tell me the ETA on Dishonored coming out? Thanks

I'm in Canada but I usually have the same dates as the US. It says in approximately 5 hours.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste?
YUMMY!

Hemish posted:

I'm in Canada but I usually have the same dates as the US. It says in approximately 5 hours.

I can confirm "This game will unlock in approximately 5 hours"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way or another.

Maximum Planck posted:

I went and rebought Thief II on Steam because I can't remember where I left my physical copy. I think I've crossed a dangerous line.

I've recently purchased some games I own boxed copies of that I haven't played in years, just for the convenience/peace of mind of having them in one central location on Steam and not having to worry about the discs getting scratched.

Oh Gaben, I wish I could quit you

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

Can you add me to the list of US goon gifters? I've helped a lot of Aussies and other foreign goons get the cheaper US price and will continue to.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Yeah yeah Dishonored is out tomorrow, but you know what, who cares! I sure don't because Retro City Rampage got a release date yesterday. That release date is October 9th. Hell yeah! You can buy directly from the developer below. It comes with a Steam key as well.

http://www.retrocityrampage.com/

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Anyone in France that's preordered Dishonored? It's just a guess, but it somehow looks like the game is out there already, so it might be worth checking.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

That OP is a work of art. Nice work Tecman.

If your not going to pick up the Groupees bundle hit me up over PM for some steam game codes.

Ragequit posted:

Yeah yeah Dishonored is out tomorrow, but you know what, who cares! I sure don't because Retro City Rampage got a release date yesterday. That release date is October 9th. Hell yeah! You can buy directly from the developer below. It comes with a Steam key as well.

The game I've been waiting for all yeah!

bowmore fucked around with this message at Oct 8, 2012 around 23:30

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!

Ragequit posted:

I told myself I would order this once it got a release date. Done.

Holy hell this is a big week! X-COM, Dishonored, and RCR as a cherry on top.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009
I am a SHE troll. Get it right! I hide under F2P toll bridges and hunger for the bones of NimbleBit.

Foehammer posted:

Yeah, it was an unfortunate decision to have the demo be lifted straight from the tutorial, but there is plenty of actual gameplay footage available to show what the game is really like.

It's because they are trying to introduce the game to non-poopsockers so they can get more people interested, buy it, and make more games like this. Believe it or not, not many people know how to play games like this or are intimidated by strategy games.

The demo was a good thing.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

That is a great OP right there. Good job, Tecman.

Ragequit posted:

Thank goodness! I was just starting to get worried that it wouldn't be released.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Canu'r dydd a canu'r nos

Ragequit posted:

Retro City Rampage got a release date yesterday. That release date is October 9th.

Oh my loving god. Any idea if buying a key from the developer or sending my money to Lord Gaben will be the quickest way to get it running? I think Real Big Sky was downloadable on Steam via a CD Key for a few weeks before it went up on their store?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

"Bow before your four foot master!"

Tyma posted:

Oh my loving god. Any idea if buying a key from the developer or sending my money to Lord Gaben will be the quickest way to get it running? I think Real Big Sky was downloadable on Steam via a CD Key for a few weeks before it went up on their store?

Buy it from the dev so he makes more money, dummy.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Canu'r dydd a canu'r nos

elf help book posted:

Buy it from the dev so he makes more money, dummy.

Just bought it from the Dev's website. It's being sold through Humble Bundle, and sends you to their website to redeem the Steam keys, although they aren't availible yet.

I'm so loving hyped, it's like Duke Nukem Forever finally getting relea.... oh :{

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

I'm going to fuck you over, landlubber!

bagmonkey posted:

Is anyone doing a Worms Revolution 4 pack? Alternately, the GMG version says that it comes with the pre-order bonus of Armageddon, but does that activate on Steam? If it does, I will probably go that way since it'll just be easier.

Yes, you get Armageddon on Steam.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

Was Geneforge Saga in a bundle recently? There are like 50 copies of it on Steamgifts all of a sudden.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

> typeof null === "object";
true
>

Industrial posted:

Was Geneforge Saga in a bundle recently? There are like 50 copies of it on Steamgifts all of a sudden.

Yeah.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

Nice! I loved Avernum and have been wanting this.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Glad I could make people excited for Retro City Rampage! I can't believe they didn't announce the release date until 2 days ago. I thought it would have been mentioned here right away so I never bothered until now.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness

awwww, Saoshyant just invaded my heart with his gift of Red Orchestra.

I'm going to go hide in the bushes and watch the wartime schoolgirls walk to school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004

You wanted me, here I am!

Ragequit posted:

Never really heard of this (or didn't really look into it) before.
Pre-ordered!

«3060 »