Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3060 »
Lonely Rolling Star
Mar 20, 2009

Better than a crowbar.

Ragequit posted:

Yeah yeah Dishonored is out tomorrow, but you know what, who cares! I sure don't because Retro City Rampage got a release date yesterday. That release date is October 9th. Hell yeah! You can buy directly from the developer below. It comes with a Steam key as well.

http://www.retrocityrampage.com/

Sweet, that's another game preordered half a year ago with a nebulous release date I can finally knock out. Now just waiting on Skullgirls to never come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

I know it has a lot of (well-deserved) fans in this thread, myself included, so:

Episode 4 of the Walking Dead lands on Wednesday.

Raging Mule
Jan 17, 2007

Industrial posted:

Was Geneforge Saga in a bundle recently? There are like 50 copies of it on Steamgifts all of a sudden.

I also got it at Indie Royale in July.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

We're marooned on a small island in an endless sea, confined to a tiny spit of sand, unable to escape.

But tonight, on this small planet, we're gonna rock civilization.

Ragequit posted:

Glad I could make people excited for Retro City Rampage! I can't believe they didn't announce the release date until 2 days ago. I thought it would have been mentioned here right away so I never bothered until now.

Ha, the developer sounds just as surprised. All the PR, management, interactions with console and PC distributors, etc are all being done by the lone developer. Sounds like he's working on the game right up to the wire, too, to the point where he hasn't had a chance to send out review copies yet.

Sgt. Anime Pederast
Apr 17, 2001

Superior Original Forte

Foehammer posted:

Just buy it from GMG unless you really need the hats.

$5 cheaper, plus $10 GMG credit back.

E: You get Civ5, the XCOM preorder bonus, and a Steam key that you can use to preload.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/xcom-deal/

Just grabbed it. How do I get civ5?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Just grabbed it. How do I get civ5?

From my understanding, the $10 credit and Civ5 key will be released within 24 hours of launch, aka less than 2 hours from now. Hoping to use my $10 credit to pre-order Worms, and then bam, bunches of money saved for poo poo I wanted to buy anyhow.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

For those who don't know, the new Walking Dead episode will be released on the 10th. Glad to see it's coming out so fast after episode 3.

e;fb.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way or another.

ReWinter posted:

I know it has a lot of (well-deserved) fans in this thread, myself included, so:

poo poo, I better get onto episode 2 soon. I'm trying to space it out so I don't end up waiting forever to get to the finale.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Jerusalem posted:

poo poo, I better get onto episode 2 soon. I'm trying to space it out so I don't end up waiting forever to get to the finale.

Just remember that so far every episode took me just 2.5 hours to finish (7.5 hours total playtime). Also read the comics/watch the TV series.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Jerusalem posted:

I just found out that I forgot to back up my file when I reinstalled Windows

With XCOM and Dishonored landing tomorrow I don't think I'll be making it through again before Ep. 4 hits- I wonder if we'd do okay just waiting until it's all out and playing it right through? The episode endings have been pretty nice so far and the wait has been kinda fun, but an Alan Wake "play an episode a day" approach might do alright.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way or another.

ReWinter posted:

The episode endings have been pretty nice so far and the wait has been kinda fun, but an Alan Wake "play an episode a day" approach might do alright.

This was the way I intended to play it at first, till I realized I'd get through episode 3 and then have to wait for ages. I think once it is all out, I will do a complete playthrough again, doing an episode a night/every 2 nights.

Mikeo
May 17, 2009

If anyone is doing another Worms 4-pack, I'd be in.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/memkaos/

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

ReWinter posted:

I just found out that I forgot to back up my file when I reinstalled Windows

What episode do you need unlocked? I can give you my saves. I made these decisions:

Episode 1 - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...ls/?id=82594136
Episode 2 - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...ls/?id=82594282
Episode 3 (this one was bugged) - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...ls/?id=92992176

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Grawl posted:

What episode do you need unlocked? I can give you my saves. I made these decisions:

Our choices were really different, so I guess I'll pass- I'm not sure I'm gonna do everything the same way in a replay but it'll probably be easier to follow if I do it myself. Thanks a ton though, that's really nice of you!

Honestly this is less a case of "I've gotta play through Walking Dead again" and more a case of "I've got an excuse to play through Walking Dead again! " I checked and apparently if I were to jump into an episode other than the first it flat out randomly generates the previous choices- it's a bit odd that there's no selection mechanic, but that seems like it'd be really fascinating to do. I wonder if it tells you what it chose or if it's a crazy sink-or-swim type deal?

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

ReWinter posted:

Our choices were really different, so I guess I'll pass- I'm not sure I'm gonna do everything the same way in a replay but it'll probably be easier to follow if I do it myself. Thanks a ton though, that's really nice of you!

Honestly this is less a case of "I've gotta play through Walking Dead again" and more a case of "I've got an excuse to play through Walking Dead again! " I checked and apparently if I were to jump into an episode other than the first it flat out randomly generates the previous choices- it's a bit odd that there's no selection mechanic, but that seems like it'd be really fascinating to do. I wonder if it tells you what it chose or if it's a crazy sink-or-swim type deal?

I played through the beginning of episode three with a new "random choice" game after the game ate my save 3/4 of the way through episode three, trying a bunch of the different hack-y ways to try to get my saves working again, none of which worked. It just kind of chooses a bunch of options and throws you in, in a pretty jarring manner, in that Lee and Kenny were just talking about things that were the opposite of the choices I'd made and stuff, so, yeah, the latter.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 28, 2011

How reliable is Dualshock 3 bluetooth on PC using the MotioninJoy drivers? I'm contemplating getting either a long USB cable or a cheap bluetooth dongle to play Big Picture stuff on the couch.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Pretty perfect.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Canu'r dydd a canu'r nos

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

How reliable is Dualshock 3 bluetooth on PC using the MotioninJoy drivers? I'm contemplating getting either a long USB cable or a cheap bluetooth dongle to play Big Picture stuff on the couch.

My PC (or the 30 cent Bluetooth Dongle) would randomly forget what was happening and Motion In Joy's driver would need to be reinstalled every few days, but it's still absolutely the best way to play Steam games on a controller.

Xabarin
Jun 9, 2006

I don't wanna grow up

I've noticed this addition to the Big Picture mode:

If I have to make a guess, I would say that the half icon means partial gamepad support and the full gamepad full support, but I'm not entirely sure. There are some games on my library that have full pad support (I've played them from start to finish without touching the keyboard or the mouse) and still have the half icon. Anyone here can make a guess about what is this all about?

vvvv Nope, not the case in, for instance, Dead Island. I can think of more examples: Portal 2, Hamilton's big Adventure and Quantum Conundrum come to my mind right now.

Xabarin fucked around with this message at Oct 9, 2012 around 09:42

Daimo
Sep 14, 2007

Mouse menu to start?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Lonely Rolling Star posted:

Sweet, that's another game preordered half a year ago with a nebulous release date I can finally knock out. Now just waiting on Skullgirls to never come out.
About goddamn time; preordered this a while ago when they still said "Q2" for release, I hope this is polished as hell now.

Well, Torchlight 2 finally came out and now this, so yeah, Skullgirls needs to finally announce a date so I have a reason to hook up my stick to my PC.

Jonathan Yeah!
Jul 13, 2009

To celebrate 10 years of Divinity being better than TES, Larian have announced the Divinity collection, consisting of Divine Divinty, Beyond Divinity, and Divinity 2: DKS: Dev mode. And some other tat.

quote:

Play the original version, or experience the game like the designers did and fool around with console commands to your heartís content! Ever wanted to test some new skills on a hoard of a hundred goblins? Go for it! Ever wondered what it would be like to explore the game-world in the guise of a troll? Well there you go! Discover a whole range of spectacular developer commands and feel like a wizard at play!

All steam-redeemable, so I guess it'll pop up on steam at some point.

e: Oct 16, £25. Same price for retail/ digital. That's probably relevant information I should have put it.

Jonathan Yeah! fucked around with this message at Oct 9, 2012 around 10:00

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

"What do you mean I already own this game, Steam? When the fuck did I buy it?!"

Since I already own Divine Divinity and Divinity 2: DKS, I hope they'll offer Beyond Divinity on Steam as a separate purchase since I wouldn't mind owning it.
Jesus gently caress I am such a completionist...

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sector Effector

Xabarin posted:

I've noticed this addition to the Big Picture mode:

If I have to make a guess, I would say that the half icon means partial gamepad support and the full gamepad full support, but I'm not entirely sure. There are some games on my library that have full pad support (I've played them from start to finish without touching the keyboard or the mouse) and still have the half icon. Anyone here can make a guess about what is this all about?
Yeah, a Valve dev on the Steam forums mentioned working on adding info for this to every Steam game a while back. The half-pad icon means partial controller support (for example, you need a mouse to use TF2's menus) but there's no real explanation as to the exact problems for each game.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004

You wanted me, here I am!

Looks like the first DLC for Borderlands 2 will be coming out today.
Gearbox has announced that Borderlands 2ís Mechromancer downloadable content will be available today. While the additional class was originally set to arrive on October 16th, players will now be able to download the character, named Gaige, a week early.
Sheíll be able to unleash Death Trap, her robot companion, to fight enemies at will, in addition to three skill tree branches for players to choose from

The Mechromancer will be free to players who pre-ordered Borderlands 2 and were entered into the Premiere Club, or $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points) for other players. Gearbox has also added Gaigeís entire skill tree to the Borderlands 2 official site, letting players plan their character early.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...available-today

Also - looking forward to hearing the Dishonored and XCOM goonpinions. These are 2 games I didn't jump on for a few reasons, and am curious to hear what the goon community thinks about the games.

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at Oct 9, 2012 around 12:03

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Smoke me a kipper,
I'll be back for breakfast!

Red Dragon posted:

To celebrate 10 years of Divinity being better than TES, Larian have announced the Divinity collection, consisting of Divine Divinty, Beyond Divinity, and Divinity 2: DKS: Dev mode. And some other tat.

All steam-redeemable, so I guess it'll pop up on steam at some point.

e: Oct 16, £25. Same price for retail/ digital. That's probably relevant information I should have put it.

Ah, I've heard of the Divinity series before, and how it's alledgedly better than TES. Although on Steam (for Oz, at least) D2 appears to be $40, and I'm not so keen on the idea of spending that much to find out, at the moment, with my current cash reserves. (this is a bad year for money with me; getting into archery earlier this year was probably the most expensive thing I've done, heh ) I know you said it'll be £25, but yeah, I suppose the main concern is whether the 100+ hours of playtime it boasts is actually something you'll want to experience, and doesn't just get samey and old. (sorry, I know I could probably find more or less what I'm asking by browsing the internet, but I'm tired and using my phone. Plus I've learnt to trust goon opinions on things, more than those of the rest of the population on the internet)

Sorry about any typos and incredibly-long sentences; as I've said, I'm about to go to sleep and am on my phone, which incidentally tries to hinder me as much as possible, when posting on SA. (well, the cursor is, at least!)

EDIT: Oh, and I supposeit should be noted that I've got about 150hrs logged into Skyrim, and probably about that logged into Oblivion, so my taste may be deemed questionable!

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at Oct 9, 2012 around 12:33

Sir Shion
Nov 14, 2003

On a never-ending quest.

Major Isoor posted:

Ah, I've heard of the Divinity series before, and how it's alledgedly better than TES. Although on Steam (for Oz, at least) D2 appears to be $40, and I'm not so keen on the idea of spending that much to find out, at the moment, with my current cash reserves. (this is a bad year for money with me; getting into archery earlier this year was probably the most expensive thing I've done, heh ) I know you said it'll be £25, but yeah, I suppose the main concern is whether the 100+ hours of playtime it boasts is actually something you'll want to experience, and doesn't just get samey and old. (sorry, I know I could probably find more or less what I'm asking by browsing the internet, but I'm tired and using my phone. Plus I've learnt to trust goon opinions on things, more than those of the rest of the population on the internet)

Sorry about any typos and incredibly-long sentences; as I've said, I'm about to go to sleep and am on my phone, which incidentally tries to hinder me as much as possible, when posting on SA. (well, the cursor is, at least!)

EDIT: Oh, and I supposeit should be noted that I've got about 150hrs logged into Skyrim, and probably about that logged into Oblivion, so my taste may be deemed questionable!

I can't say that that it's a better game than Skyrim because they're very different styles of RPGs.

Skyrim is an open world RPG, while D2 is a very much on rails game. I found I had a lot more fun with D2 than I did with Skyrim (put in about 30-35 hours in Skyrim, while I played D2 to completion - totalling about 45 hours or so based over the base game, and the expansion). It was incredibly funny, and the combat was kind of arcadey.

I definitely enjoyed it, and am looking forward to Dragon commander.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Yeah, yeah, yeah
Village...

Speaking of Divinity, where has Divinity 2 DKS disappeared? I can't find it from the store anymore.

Jonathan Yeah!
Jul 13, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

Div 2: DKS has been $5.99 multiple times on Amazon US and a similar price on steam, and is all you really need. Trust me, it's wonderful. It has an amazingly sharp, self-aware script, which is actually genuinely funny, fun combat and magic, and interesting quests/NPCs with genuine choices.

AND! You get to 'be' a dragon and own an island with a gently caress-off big tower and your own retinue, such as NPCs to go and find poo poo for you. Some RPGs give you a feeling of being a bad-rear end, but in no way does it compare to how godly you feel in DKS.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Yeah, yeah, yeah
Village...

Red Dragon posted:

Div 2: DKS has been $5.99 multiple times on Amazon US and a similar price on steam, and is all you really need. Trust me, it's wonderful. It has an amazingly sharp, self-aware script, which is actually genuinely funny, fun combat and magic, and interesting quests/NPCs with genuine choices.

AND! You get to 'be' a dragon and own an island with a gently caress-off big tower and your own retinue, such as NPCs to go and find poo poo for you. Some RPGs give you a feeling of being a bad-rear end, but in no way does it compare to how godly you feel in DKS.

Shall I remind you Iím the most powerful being in Rivellon?

E: Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4iBWW2SOIs#t=420s

Smol fucked around with this message at Oct 9, 2012 around 13:04

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Jubala, Jubalo Jubalum
I'm a giant on this earth, fee fi fo fum
Cerebellum over-loader make your brain stem numb!

Kragger99 posted:

Also - looking forward to hearing the Dishonored and XCOM goonpinions. These are 2 games I didn't jump on for a few reasons, and am curious to hear what the goon community thinks about the games.

I really thought I would be playing Dishonoured (fictional Victorian Londoners would spell it this way), but I unlocked both games this morning. Put on XCOM and haven't stopped. I even took my laptop to work and keep sneaking a go here and there (got to love turned based strategy). My only worry is I'm starting to get close/attatched to some of my team members, and that will never end well.

It is early days but I am really digging the game and as it's turn based it's perfect for when you want to multi-task. Enjoying it thus far.

Manac0r fucked around with this message at Oct 9, 2012 around 12:58

chaos rhames
Feb 25, 2011

I don't care how much money or how many white boys 50 cent can shoot. In front of James Hetfield he is a little bitch

Kragger99 posted:

There are 2 opinions about Dishonored that have popped up.

1. GAME IS AWESOME
2. Busy playing XCom.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Smoke me a kipper,
I'll be back for breakfast!

Hmm ok, well it being fairly rail-roaded does change things a bit I suppose, although not negatively. (plus RD's spoilered point does indeed instil confidence in it ) Not entirely certain as to how it drew the '100hrs of story/gameplay' from if you finished it all in 45 hours, but I suppose that would just make it more likely that I'd play through to the end, heh. (unless I really do get hooked on it)

But yeah, thanks for that guys, I guess I'll try to remember to wishlist it tomorrow and get it in a hopefully-not-too-distant sale! (providing my sub-par short-term memory allows it, I suppose! (cursed genetics! ))

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at Oct 9, 2012 around 13:01

averox
Feb 28, 2005

So yesterday I have very little time to use my PC and in the two minutes that I was on it, Fart of Presto drops Hotline Miami on me. A game that I had just added the same morning.

Thanks to that fine scholar of farts.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

ReWinter posted:

How many eps are there going to be, and is there any word on when a bundle will be available? I figured I'd wait for the full 'season', but I'm getting antsy.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

richardfun posted:

How many eps are there going to be, and is there any word on when a bundle will be available? I figured I'd wait for the full 'season', but I'm getting antsy.

5 episodes, expect them to be on sale over christmas.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

richardfun posted:

Five episodes. It's already sold in the season bundle (are the episodes even available separately on Steam?), which has been on sale for $15 a few times and will presumably hit at least that price during the Halloween sale, and I'd say it's worth it at that price, definitely.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

obliriovrons posted:

Five episodes. It's already sold in the season bundle (are the episodes even available separately on Steam?), which has been on sale for $15 a few times and will presumably hit at least that price during the Halloween sale, and I'd say it's worth it at that price, definitely.

It's definitely a steal when it's on sale. I got it during the summer sale for whatever it was then and have enjoyed it a lot. I would not have been disappointed at full price. I've not played anything that does dialogue interactions quite so well, honestly- it's even better than Alpha Protocol in that regard. Each episode takes about two to two and a half hours to get through, if that's a concern.

And yeah, just to be clear, buying "The Walking Dead" is buying all five eventual episodes, even if they haven't been released. Telltale has said they want to do another season of it at some point, which wouldn't be included, but that's the murky future anyway and not confirmed to be happening.

Baish
Jul 29, 2010

Mikeo posted:

If anyone is doing another Worms 4-pack, I'd be in.

Sure. I could start one up. Looks like fun and I like fun.

Worms Revolution 4-pack
1. Baish
2. Mikeo
3. duckfarts
4. I'm_Special

That went fast. Add me if I'm not already friends with you.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/baish/

Baish fucked around with this message at Oct 9, 2012 around 14:11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Baish posted:

Sure. I could start one up. Looks like fun and I like fun.

Worms Revolution 4-pack
1. Baish
2. Mikeo

Anyone else want in on this?
I'm down.

Worms Revolution 4-pack
1. Baish
2. Mikeo
3. duckfarts

«3060 »