Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
There's also 2 slave cylinders, a lighter, a pair of Kitchen Aid scissors, a spare set of exhaust nuts, all of the PS hardware, Gear Wrenches, retarded fuel hose routing, and the valve cover breather hose. Balls.

Somebody was asking earlier about the differences between the flat-top and the VTCS intake, here's a pic:

Flat-top is on the left, VTCS is on the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I have the worst god drat motivation.

Oh well, I'll splice all of the connectors in tonight. TPS, IAC, CPS, CAS, etc, etc.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh hey, I'm kinda surprised that Savington didn't send me a brick.

Also included in the box:
GM IAT Sensor
GM MAP
AEM UEGO WBO2 ($$$)

And if anybody's wondering, the Metripack connectors make an entertaining sound.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
The EMS-4 is pretty affordable, I dig it. Why'd you/Savington go for it over a Megasquirt? I don't know much about it except that its outputs/inputs are limited over the big-boy AEM ECUs.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

He likes spending a billion dollars on a car that will have the same horsepower as the current gen miata.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Or that Megasquirt debugging can be a chore at times.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Please write your next post in haiku form.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
My phone vibrated
An email from UPS
Package delivered.

Needed to kill time
Assembled my steering wheel
Where's my Daikei hub? :(

Phone fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 18, 2013

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
why don't you go cry to yer momo?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Got the Daikei yesterday. In comparison to the Mono hub, it's brilliant.

The steering wheel goes in today (along with a new clockspring).

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Wiring is almost complete. Just need to run a hose to the intake manifold, 2 wires to the VVT, 4 wires to the WBO2, and rewire the MAF to the AIT.

With the steering wheel in the car, I can now start fitting the driver side seat.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Hey mister, you know what else is 14 INCH DICK 9 inches?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Phone posted:

Got the Daikei yesterday. In comparison to the Mono hub, it's brilliant.

What makes a hub good or bad?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The Momo hub is plug and play, as in, you need a dremel and a drill press in addition to a lot of patience and luck. You need to dremel a piece of plastic off of the clockspring so you can cock the clockspring at an angle and feed just the airbag and horn wiring through the hub. You also need it to hack away at the turn signal canceler bit, as well. The drill press is needed to make the hole in the hub a bit larger to fit the cable for the airbag and horn wiring. The clockspring wiring is at 6 o'clock, the hole for the wires on the Momo hub is at 5 o'clock.

The Daikei hub is plug and play because you quite literally just plug it on, feed the wires through the hub, and connect up the airbag defeat and the horn wiring. There's no dremel, here's no drill press, there's no cocking the clockspring and loving with the turn signal canceler.

What makes a hub good or bad is whether you need to spend a few hours re-engineering both the car and the replacement part.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Phone posted:

The Momo hub is plug and play, as in, you need a dremel and a drill press in addition to a lot of patience and luck. You need to dremel a piece of plastic off of the clockspring so you can cock the clockspring at an angle and feed just the airbag and horn wiring through the hub. You also need it to hack away at the turn signal canceler bit, as well. The drill press is needed to make the hole in the hub a bit larger to fit the cable for the airbag and horn wiring. The clockspring wiring is at 6 o'clock, the hole for the wires on the Momo hub is at 5 o'clock.

The Daikei hub is plug and play because you quite literally just plug it on, feed the wires through the hub, and connect up the airbag defeat and the horn wiring. There's no dremel, here's no drill press, there's no cocking the clockspring and loving with the turn signal canceler.

What makes a hub good or bad is whether you need to spend a few hours re-engineering both the car and the replacement part.

I'll agree with that. I had to do a lot of butchering to get the boss to fit my VW. Had to grind out the base of the hole to fit the shaft taper which was a poo poo of a job and had to drill a hole for the horn wiring. Then make a way to mount the contact wiper thing to the base of the boss without it shorting.

When I get a gear puller I'm pulling that wheel of and going stock again. While I like the wheel and all, I miss the huge bus wheel.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

What size is the momo competition you have? I'm seeing on their website that's its 350mm, but also a few used ones claiming to be 320mm. I'd like to pick one up, but I'm looking for something around the 320mm size, just so I can get a bit of extra leg room.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It's a 350mm according to the print Momo catalog. I recommend buying from some place that isn't gomiata, even though they eventually had it drop shipped.

I like the wheel, but I may be switching it out for a Mod 78 or 80 in suede later in the year.

I believe the stock wheel is 360mm.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Officially done with all of the wiring solder wise. Just need to route the WBO2 and swap over the dash wiring.

e: oh yeah, I went under the car and saw that my pristine yellow dipstick had been broken on engine installation. RIP Yellow Dipstick.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

Phone posted:

Officially done with all of the wiring solder wise. Just need to route the WBO2 and swap over the dash wiring.

e: oh yeah, I went under the car and saw that my pristine yellow dipstick had been broken on engine installation. RIP Yellow Dipstick.

You may as well give up due to the lack of class, and more importantly speed.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
WBO2 routed!
poo poo under the passenger side carpet velcroed!
poo poo in the engine bay velcroed!
Oil breather put on!
Exhaust torqued down!
Exhaust blanket put on!
Some bullshit brackets removed!
Alternator installed with new belt!
Starter, oil pressure, and alternator wired! (I think and/or hope)
Torqued the water pump pulley and the crank pulley!

And I grabbed some steel stock to make the seat rails with over the weekend.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Have you done/are you planning the coolant reroute? I haven't looked into it long enough (except to hose it down with PB and curse the cold) to figure out if that's the reason why your housing looks different from my NA6 (other than pointing out instead of up). Did they change the thermostat housing for the 1.8?

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 24, 2013

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Nah, a bunch of nerds on Miataturbo say it's a good idea. I'm going to run the TSE radiator with the revised head gasket for the VVT motors.

The 1.8s have always been like that. The stock airbox goes over the coolant line versus under like the 1.6 cars.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Pulled apart the two dashes. I need to extend the harness for the power mirrors (7 wires, fuckkkkkkk).

Apparently mounting bucket seats is a bitch and a half. Picking up some hardware tomorrow, going to clean the dash, and install the dash bar. I'll probably vacuum the interior and try to clear out the blower motor cowl as well.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh god, I think I need to have the car up and running within a week so I can get it tuned next Wednesday. If today's pace of me being a retard was any indication of what's to come, I'm hosed.

That said, the dash is ready to be installed

Not shown: the future tears of trying to mount these seats.

e: the power mirror controls don't fit in the 1.6L dash; to say the least, I'm hosed off beyond comprehension and I will be emailing Mazda JP in order to express my grievances.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

I see a lot of put seat in, sit, not right. Take seat out, adjust. Rinse, repeat for days.

If I can see right from the photo's - did you remove the rear humps that the seats mount to? How tall are you, going to be under the bar pretty easily?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Rear humps are not out, and I don't think I'm going to cut them out.

Tomorrow I need to buy invest in more poo poo, and I'm going to drain the gas tank and pick up a 10lb sledge to persuade my transmission tunnel towards the transmission. My dad's friend has a welder and I'm going to get some tabs welded onto my seat rails so I can actually bolt the seat bracket to it (yay cock-eyed cockpit).

I am going to bleed the clutch, install it, fill the trans and try to get a start without the radiator hooked up tomorrow. It's probably going to be a super, super late start since I need to vacuum the interior, clean out the pine needles, and install the dash.

VVV - I fit in the Starts, and I think I've only seen one person with Sprint Vs about 2-3 years ago.

Phone fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 30, 2013

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

Phone posted:

Oh god, I think I need to have the car up and running within a week so I can get it tuned next Wednesday. If today's pace of me being a retard was any indication of what's to come, I'm hosed.

That said, the dash is ready to be installed

Not shown: the future tears of trying to mount these seats.

e: the power mirror controls don't fit in the 1.6L dash; to say the least, I'm hosed off beyond comprehension and I will be emailing Mazda JP in order to express my grievances.

How do you like the starts vs sprint Vs?

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Ah okay - is that rear bolt infront of the rear seat humps? I'm probably going to need to move away from mounted on stock rails to get under the bar.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Rear humps are intact; the steel rail is .1875" thick and 1.25" wide. It bolts to the stock seat holes, but the seats are too wide. So I need to mount them a bit sideways in relation to the seat rails in order for it to fit. I am going to figure out how big the tabs have to be in order to get the seats bolted in properly.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
gently caress, almost had a start but #2 and #4's injectors pissed gas. What the gently caress.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Pulled the injectors and the O-rings look fine.

e: put everything back together; no more leaks, but no start yet :(

Phone fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 31, 2013

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Pull the CPS pigtail, crank engine

Cam Count: 117
Crank Count: 0

:downs: :downs: :downs:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Got a fire~~ going to fill the trans and actually let it catch. Will edit this post~~

e: Cranked, caught, tried to idle... then died. I need to hook up the cat and the rest of the exhaust. That should help. Also, gently caress transfer pumps. They're all loving poo poo and it's an act of god that they barely get the job done.

e2: From last night, this looks safe, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PEX7XCj8B4

Phone fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 1, 2013

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Phone posted:

Got a fire

Quoted for posterity.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
How'd the phone hold up?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Seat Safety Switch posted:

How'd the phone hold up?

My pristine Nexus 4 :qq:

It just fell onto the headlight motor.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
There's no such thing as a "pristine" Nexus 4. You're going to put it down on a cold countertop and it will explode into a million tiny shards of Korean unsafety glass.

Where'd the injector leaks come from if not the o-rings? Just didn't get them in far enough?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The o-rings were still intact, so I just reseated the injectors into the rail.

I need to make a list of things still left to do. It shouldn't be too hard, but I'm on a time limit.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
After a weekend of not doing anything because I burnt myself out, I actually got some stuff done, and then realized I'm going to probably cut my vacation short to go get it tuned proper. I have a temp 10 day tag which expires next Wednesday, so I actually need to have it on the road well before then. I also decided to go back to my original plan of doing the proper depower; honestly, gently caress it since I'm already here.

For TrueChaos since I'm lazy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Exhaust is bolted up, the PS lines have been disconnected and are now curing with red RTV/silicone in them. I tried to find some appropriate block-offs at the local hardware store, but I'd have to buy a 35mm long bolt and then dremel it forever to get it down in the 10mm range. gently caress that~~

I need to put on the bumper and install the radiator and I should be good to go for tomorrow. Going to practice the clutch on my new project while the silicone solidifies.

• Locked thread