Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Raenir Salazar posted:

I don't understand the Panzer vor joke though can someone explain it? That's my only issue is that when they do try to be clever with the faux german is flies over my head :(

Panzer means armor and vor means four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Dan7el posted:

My university Classical Greek professor (who also taught Latin) explained to me that Kaiser was the correct pronounciation of Ceasar. I was a bit put-off? You mean we, in the goold old USA, don't pronounce it correctly? How dare the world tell us that?

Apparently so.

Honestly, proper pronunciation isn't really an issue once you've included that word a part of your own language.

Like, English has so many loan-words from Norwegian(and vice-versa), but nobody makes a big deal of how they don't pronounce the same.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Command Ant posted:

This was my favorite part of this episode that didn't involve the Stug team.

This must be taking place in the Warhammer 40k universe then.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

DerLeo posted:

"What do you want to call it?"
"...Girls in Tanks?"
"Needs more punch. What kind of tank do they drive."
"A Panzer IV, I guess."
"Girls in Panzer."

Technically, that'd be "Girls and Armor".

It uses a weird mish-mash of an English word in a German sentence.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Dec 3, 2012

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Zettace posted:

The character designer is the same guy who designed the characters for Strike Witches so I think we can safely say that he doesn't have much say in this series (for one there have been zero panty shots).

I guess it's kinda hard to avoid making panty-shots all the drat time when your cast of characters are all not wearing pants as demanded by the plot.

But gently caress that series.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

CommissarMega posted:

And like I said, I thought that Katyusha was exempt; nobody's going to go gaga here in Malaysia if a character in a TV show started singing the national anthem or an Eidul'fitr song, and I thought Katyusha had that same leeway.

I think most national anthems in other countries do that, it's just some countries who are very sue-happy about such things.

I know that there's no copyright on Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson's "Ja Vi Elsker", which is alrgely considered our national anthem.

New times and all, but I don't think communist Russia is extremely occupied with a copyright on their national anthem either.

EDIT: vvvvv Okay, that makes more sense to me.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Dec 7, 2012

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I dunno guys, this is show is pretty moe.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I'm impressed with the lack of panty-shots in this anime and I've been trying to get a friend to watch it after being slightly upset with how unfairly the main character was treated in the first episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Strike Witches but with buff adult men running around without pants and with bare midriffs would be hilarious.

As long as they include the episode where there is panty theft going on and they run around Commando.

Without censorship. (gently caress Strike Witches)

• Locked thread