Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

whoredog posted:

Our oligarchy that made it illegal can go suck a black cock.

You don't have PM's so i have to call you out here. Black cock? is sucking a black cock worse than any other cock? What the gently caress man. I don't think you meant much by it but holy poo poo dude.

Anyways, i live outside Seattle. Most of the medical growers i know aren't in favor of the WA law change. Apparently it will make it illegal for patients to sell to other patients or something. Everyone will have to grow themselves or buy from the state run stores. Someone tell me if i'm wrong here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

From the site:

"According to the state Office of Financial Management, a new 25% marijuana excise tax, combined with retail sales and B&O tax, will generate more than half a billion dollars in new revenue each year."

This will just drive the selling of cannabis underground again for most people.

Edit: I mean there has to be a tax but 25%? That plus the other taxes and restrictions i can see why grower's are freaking out.

Fragmented fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 12, 2012

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Also if we had legal GHB(to use as an example) we would have things like standardized doses and people would know how much they were taking. Throw a dye in it or make it taste like liquorice or some poo poo and bam, no more tasteless clear liquid that you can sneak in someones drink.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

I live outside Seattle and the other day my friend took me to a dispensary that his brother works at. So not only could i enter the store as a guest(i don't have a medical card, my friend does), we vaporized with his brother in front of other customers and workers.

This poo poo is getting real.

Fragmented fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Mar 31, 2013

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Warchicken posted:

It seems like hyperbole until it effects you personally. Let me know if you're rolling your eyes when your dad is almost killed by police officers twice over marijuana.

Or stolen from his family like mine was for 4 years for growing for California medical dispensaries. When you have been on the front lines so to speak, you start thinking like this.

Edit: Funny(not really) story, me and my buddy were driving to a music festival in Washington last month but we were still on the Oregon side of the border and a highway patrol drug interdiction K-9 unit pulls us over. To be fair we were driving a giant school bus heh. Anyways the cop is invited inside by my buddy, says he smells pot and if we give it up we can just be on our way because he doesn't care about pot. So he gives him the half ounce he has and the 3-4 grams of hash. But when he mentions the hash the cop is like "Actually that is still a felony in Oregon." Yay.

So other cops come, the dog goes through the bus and doesn't find anything else, they break our glass pipes on the side of the road and this is the weirdest part, the K-9 cop says to my buddy "So i'm placing you under arrest, but then i'm going to let you go because out of a hundred cases like this i've done in the last few months they are all getting dismissed." So he cuffs him and puts him in the cop car then after writing out a felony citation uncuffs him and lets us go. It was the weirdest loving thing i have ever seen. Then the court date was last week and it was dismissed just like the cop said.

We basically got robbed by the biggest criminal gang in the us for like $200 bucks of stuff that's going to be legal soon anyways 20 miles away from where it is legal and got our pretty pipes smashed AND THEY AREN'T EVEN PROSECUTING. All so some rear end in a top hat cop could bring it to his station and get an "attaboy"

Fragmented fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 28, 2013

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Install Gentoo posted:

So you're not even self aware enough to notice that most DEA agents have probably never even touched someone for marijuana, huh?

But they are part of the group of people that are. I'm not going to say all DEA agents are nazis, but there has to be a serious disconnect in your brain to have your job be locking up people for non-violent crimes(yes including hard drugs). poo poo i wanted to be a cop when i was a kid until they tore my family apart for the crime of growing a plant for sick people(and people that game the system but gently caress it pot should be legal anyways).

Edit: Sorry i worded that badly VVVV

Fragmented fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 28, 2013

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Heh i'm pretty sure the amount of international drug arrests are nothing compared to the amount of Americans they arrest for selling an 8-ball of coke to some guy in a bar, after wasting thousands of dollars in man hours watching some dude just trying to survive and pay his bills.

The drug war is indefensible, anyone that gets paid to be a part of it really needs to take a good look at what they are a part of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Space Gopher posted:

Wow, it must be really tough, being on the front lines of the war on drugs like that. $200? Your life is practically ruined, this is an injustice on the scale of Nazis herding human beings into gas chambers and murdering them en masse.

The current drug laws are counterproductive and wrong. But, if you want to change this, ranting for three paragraphs about how your experiences - which amounted to less hassle than a speeding ticket, even after you were a dumbass and invited a cop into your drat bus - exemplify the worst humanity has to offer, you're more than a little counterproductive yourself. There are plenty of people who have legitimately had their lives and livelihoods ruined by the drug war. You're not one of them.

If you talk about the costs to society of a policy that doesn't work, even though some people really do pursue it with good intentions, then it's easy to get people to agree that legalization is a good goal. If you keep going with whining about how the police are worse than the Gestapo for taking and destroying some things that are still technically illegal and then letting you on your way, you're not going to convince many people. Personally, I've got a lot of sympathy for the ACAB viewpoint, and I have literally campaigned to legalize the recreational use of marijuana, but you're still making me think ":rolleyes: what a stoner." If you want to actually solve the problem, you need to shape your messaging to avoid that response.

Hey gently caress you, i like how you left out the part about my dad being in jail for 4 years for growing for medical card holders and it basically tearing my family apart. I could give gently caress all about a little weed it was just a story that happened to me recently.

Space Gopher posted:

There are plenty of people who have legitimately had their lives and livelihoods ruined by the drug war. You're not one of them.
Again learn how to read a loving post, but to elaborate i lost my dad in my teenage years, we lost our house and a lot of our savings, and the family was never really the same again. For 30 plants.

Fragmented fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 28, 2013

• Locked thread