Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I haven't even had the chance to read the new Spirit Circle when I find out there's a brand-spanking new chapter of Sengoku Youko out too.
Sengoku Youko: chapter 50

Oh my god. I'm dying, dying I say at page 5 of Sengoku. :lol:

Alright, that latest chapter of SY is approaching Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer levels of awesome for me.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
(Sengoku)Well it didn't have the shogun, but that was all in all a pretty fun fight.

And yeah I got a chuckle out of Nau's plan.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

The Worms prod moment was my favourite.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Sengoku Youko 51

His dream came true :(

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

That cat. And I didn't think those robed dudes from the first part would be exposed in this way :smith:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oy, while not a surprise, that was sure a gut-punch regardless.

Among everything else, I just have to point out how much I love both how he drew, and the general reactions of all the foot soldier dudes.

It's the end of the world! :supaburn::derp:

Holy poo poo Tama!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Has any of his stuff been released in North America? I'd love to pick up Biscuit Hammer in actual print.

Mborg009
Sep 17, 2009
Sadly no, the closest thing that North America had to a release was the Jmanga stuff for Biscuit Hammer and now there's not even that.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
I asked him one time if we were cool and he said he's just glad people get to read it, scanlation or not :unsmith:

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Jonesing hard for that circle

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
I'll peg it at about a week out. Optimistically. I also invite harassment and inquiries at ye olde blogge, should anyone wish to avoid a thread bump.

Epoxy Bulletin fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Nov 27, 2016

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Or maybe I'll just do it all in a bender: Spirit Circle 12, Read Online / DDL

I like how the relationship kind of came to mirror the last chapter between Kouko and Fuuta. I guess we'll find out what Lihanerra learned in the next chapter, I'm guessing it's some news that'll send Flors racing back to Sphinxville, ending in tragedy no doubt :v:

Another hint to Fortuna's misdeeds as well. I guess he sunk atlantis? Oops!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Can you really call a cat-faced sphinx a sphinx?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

There's a new chapter of Sengoku Youko:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/174064/sengoku-youko_v10_ch52_by_vexed-scans

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

#Powerful cartooning on page 10

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ack, much too short. Definitely interested in seeing just what those hooded guys deal is.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I know it couldn't have worked in the first half, but Senya is a great main character for this series. Hopefully part 3 will deal with grown up Senya's adventures.

By the way, are we more or less caught up now? Or perhaps have been for a few months?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Mizukami's protagonists are always chill badasses and I am okay with this.

"Sup, guys, welcome to the Monster Zone. Let us have a friendly conversation. In the Monster Zone."

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Really didn't like the Shogun as a character. Characters that are essentially perfect aren't very interesting, and there wasn't much rhyme or reason to why he was so absurdly powerful and could predict the future (other than him being awesome just for the sake of being awesome). I also don't like when ruling figures are portrayed as being powerful/wise (or at least moreso than other characters) in media.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Really didn't like the Shogun as a character. Characters that are essentially perfect aren't very interesting, and there wasn't much rhyme or reason to why he was so absurdly powerful and could predict the future (other than him being awesome just for the sake of being awesome). I also don't like when ruling figures are portrayed as being powerful/wise (or at least moreso than other characters) in media.

Now you just make me want to go all Ludovico Technique on you with Sengoku Basara until your head explodes.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I know it couldn't have worked in the first half, but Senya is a great main character for this series. Hopefully part 3 will deal with grown up Senya's adventures.

By the way, are we more or less caught up now? Or perhaps have been for a few months?

According to Amazon vol. 11 is coming out on the 10th, so we're still about 2 volumes behind Japan.

Regarding your spoiler: the cover for vol. 10 shows adult Senya.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I thought it was implied that he was genuinally not a very good ruler, hence the betrayal? But yeah, it was obvious he had to die or he would overshadow the whole story.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I don't think it was meant to imply that. Betrayal was just very common in Feudal Japan, I think. It was all politics.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Ytlaya posted:

But there are really powerful and wise kings in history. They just generally have dumbass kids.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

New chapter of Sengoku Youko: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Sengoku-Youko/Vol-010-Ch-053--Encounter?id=167190

Woah, didn't see that coming.

That was really awesome how all the demons looked like Senya. Mizukami is so good at believable character development! :allears:

Silento fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 10, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I totally :3:ed the gently caress out when every demon turned into a copy of him. That was magnificent.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh my god, how can the chapter end there, I have so many questions now!

Sindai posted:

I totally :3:ed the gently caress out when every demon turned into a copy of him. That was magnificent.

What a great scene that was.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Time travel? Sure, why not.

Don't see Older Senya carrying around the nifty Shogun sword.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Hidden in his robes presumably.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Well I guess we finally know what Jinka's up to.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ It's interesting that they decided to do a significant time skip.

Soylentbits posted:

But there are really powerful and wise kings in history. They just generally have dumbass kids.

Powerful and/or intelligent, sure, but certainly not benevolent to any notable degree. Outside of fairy tales, there hasn't really been any society where a wise/benevolent monarch ruled over a happy/healthy/prosperous population. Pretty much the entire reason why people think such figures existed is the fact that they frequently show up in stories/fiction.

I also thought it was weird how the Shogun was portrayed as this really good character, but had him kill hundreds of guys in a battle he knew he was going to lose. Seems like a bit of a dick move.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 11, 2013

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah man I really feel for the hundreds of armed men that joined up on a coup d'etat so that they'd get in good graces with the future shogun, who set the palace on fire and probably would have murdered all the current vassals if they weren't evacuated. The fantasy leader living up to fantasy ideals is bullshit and he should have just rolled over and died like a good dog who knows his fate.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dinky Duck Race posted:

Yeah man I really feel for the hundreds of armed men that joined up on a coup d'etat so that they'd get in good graces with the future shogun, who set the palace on fire and probably would have murdered all the current vassals if they weren't evacuated. The fantasy leader living up to fantasy ideals is bullshit and he should have just rolled over and died like a good dog who knows his fate.

Well, given that he knew from the beginning that he was going to die/lose, his decision basically resulted in hundreds of folks dying that wouldn't have died otherwise.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Ytlaya posted:

Well, given that he knew from the beginning that he was going to die/lose, his decision basically resulted in hundreds of folks dying that wouldn't have died otherwise.

If they killed him immediately then they would have killed his friends and vassals right after.

Benevolent to humanity or to their country? And by their standards or ours? Also joke answer: Emperor Norton.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Hey yeah why do people fight if they know they are going to lose. Why do people and nations choose to stand against forces that have the specific intent to completely wipe out everything they live for. It would be easier if those who are fated to lose just lie down and eat dirt, makes it a lot easier on their enemies, murderers, and conquerors. I'm pretty sure that how it has always worked in real life, whoever has the most power just rolls through whatever they want completely unopposed because their victims don't want to be a burden.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Grab your hankies because we're wrapping up another flashback in Spirit Circle: Read Chapter 13 Online / DDL
It doesn't really matter, and it's never mentioned in-comic, but Mizukami said on twitter that Flors lives in Greece, for anyone who's curious.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

God... loving... dammit :cry:

Reading this manga is the emotional equivalent of eating glass.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm guessing that since things went relatively OK for Flors, something really bad went down with Roca that'll continue the cycle.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I was just thinking of the contrast between the tragedy/melancholy of the past lives with the fun manga times of the present, but then I realized that the past lives are mostly fun manga times when he's younger. I fear for our boy Fuuta's future. Which I suppose is the point.

I guess what I mean is that I love this manga and need to catch up on Sengoku Youko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Haha that was a pretty shonen version of Lint