Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

dissss posted:

Guess the make and model

Is it a Nissan Avenir?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

LloydDobler posted:

sleeper '84 VW Quantum with a 2.0T AWD conversion for the winter.
:swoon: Come back with some pics this winter, if you can! I drove an '84 Quantum sedan as my first car, it was a real poo poo pile and my 16 year old self junked it instead of learning how to work on it. I haven't seen one since.

I'm driving a B3 VW Passat wagon now, it's got the VR6 with a 5-speed and rides on 17" wheels off a Mk4 Jetta. Lowered on koni yellows up front, front seats out of a Jetta Trek, 201,000 miles on the clock and a real dog compared to anything new right now.

The "Iron Man" front mask, one of my favorite things about the B3 body style.

Smaller car makes the 17's look massive.

I've moved my entire apartment twice. We don't need no steenkin' pickup!

Anybody up for pizza?

Much like the Quantum I used to drive, I've never seen a 412 besides my own.. until I found this wagon sitting by itself in a field a few miles from where I live. It's been sitting in the same spot for years, certain not to run... yet I must have it. I must have it. I mushht havvnnn :unsmigghh:

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Ooooooh I just bought one.

I'll take new pictures soon.

Confused_Donkey
Mar 16, 2003
I love Tourings.. amazingly practical and just as sporty as a coupe/sedan if setup correctly.

I currently have a 1992 BMW 525i Touring that I..uhh kinda modified..

Base 1992 Automatic 525i, 1200 bucks, awful condition

Before :

During:

During again:

Current:

Current again (before the black interior swap:

I plan on building another one (I collect these things) Which will be an E30 Touring / M60B40 6Speed V8 swap. This will be my new daily driver.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Saga posted:

I would get a 325 touring but can't justify the negative Euro NCAP stars with two kids. :(
That's a pathetic reason not to buy a great car. Don't crash into things, you'll be fine.

Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006

TheFonz posted:

That is a hatchback and not a station wagon. :colbert:

Timage
Feb 6, 2006
My old series 2 stagea. Neo RB25DET with the awful tiptronic auto gearbox.

Awesome at moving drums and TVs.

assfucker420
May 14, 2012

by T. Mascis

dissss posted:

Not a Stagea.

Is a Nissan though, just smaller and FWD-based (mine was AWD)

Avenir?

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
E39 540i M Sport

There are few things more satisfying than blowing the doors off a serious sports car with a station wagon. God help the points on my license as soon as I get my hands on a S62 and a six speed.

Good God that is wonderfully filthy.

James Woods fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 12, 2012

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Confused_Donkey posted:

During:

I plan on building another one (I collect these things) Which will be an E30 Touring / M60B40 6Speed V8 swap. This will be my new daily driver.

GLORIOUS. Gorgeous car, swap looks super clean as well.

My mazda6 wishes it could be a wagon. :(

NinjaPablo
Nov 20, 2003

Ewww it's all sticky...
Grimey Drawer
I love my wagon, even if she is getting a bit tired these days.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Rontalvos posted:

jhcain posted:

My dog likes my (dirty) wagon. Also, I need new tires.

blk posted:

Now I love my awkward little Saabaru:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's about time.

First I had this 06 WRX wagon...

...so I added a 97 Outback Sport wagon so they could be friends.

The '06 is slightly compromised now with a burly rear strut brace taking up a lot of the contiguous vertical cabin room, but I can live with it.

Sockington posted:

Wow, we are wagon sisters :hfive: (minus the turbo)

2006 Impreza 5speed.
etc etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A
Girls Just wanna, They Just wanna :colbert::colbert:

Boxy but good!
Apr 30, 2009
This is my wagon, a pretty vanilla 98 V70XC. But its in Rupp Arena!

Last weekend I did the timing belt, and last fall I did the PCV system. Its right at 160k and I intend to keep it going until 300k. Love this car so much.
Posting this too, because Volvo.

ZippySLC
Jun 3, 2002

~what is art, baby dont post, dont post, no more~

no seriously don't post
I'm trying to find a wagon for myself, but it seems impossible to find one with a stick at a sub $2k price point.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Lot's of awesome wagons being posted in here. I had no idea that this many Goons had wagons, let alone would like the wagon thread! This makes me so happy :glomp:

Confused_Donkey posted:

Current:

Hot poo poo that thing is awesome!

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

ZippySLC posted:

I'm trying to find a wagon for myself, but it seems impossible to find one with a stick at a sub $2k price point.

I just bought an '87 Volvo 245 with the M47 5-speed manual transmission for $500. If you shop around, and you're willing to drive something a bit older, you can get a good wagon under $2k. I've also seen Corollas and Outback Sport wagons in fairly good shape for under $2k. Where are you located?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

James Woods posted:

E39 540i M Sport

There are few things more satisfying than blowing the doors off a serious sports car with a station wagon. God help the points on my license as soon as I get my hands on a S62 and a six speed.

I love your car. Still running the 5AT?

ZippySLC
Jun 3, 2002

~what is art, baby dont post, dont post, no more~

no seriously don't post

becoming posted:

I just bought an '87 Volvo 245 with the M47 5-speed manual transmission for $500. If you shop around, and you're willing to drive something a bit older, you can get a good wagon under $2k. I've also seen Corollas and Outback Sport wagons in fairly good shape for under $2k. Where are you located?

New Jersey. I've been trolling the local Craigslists and keeping an eye on some of the car lots that specialize in cheap cars. I guess maybe I should start checking out the PA craigslist.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.

heres my daily

wheres what I want to do to it.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Confused_Donkey posted:

I just came

The Jabberwocky
May 31, 2006

At least it worked.
I've driven wagons since I learned to drive, and I think I'll probably keep my current one for a long, long time.

This is my 08 base model Outback. My wife drives it.

I needed pictures for a class, so I went out and got it really dirty. It was a good day.

This is my 03 Legacy. I'm planning on a full Sti swap after I get the brakes and suspension done. It's slow (for now, at least) and a bit douchey, but I love it :swoon:

I think they're both genuinely beautiful cars, and it's a shame that Subaru, among others, is straying away from the sleek style they had and working more on SUVs. Oh well.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I see Proteges and Mazda 3s, so I hope I can squeeze in too:

I was cross shopping this and an E46 Touring. I still stare longingly whenever I see a particularly nice example.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

ZippySLC posted:

New Jersey. I've been trolling the local Craigslists and keeping an eye on some of the car lots that specialize in cheap cars. I guess maybe I should start checking out the PA craigslist.

I'm in Maryland, about 45 minutes west of Baltimore. I've seen several good examples up in the York and Philly areas. I've specifically been looking for Volvo 245s, but since I have a not-totally-functional Subaru Outback Sport, I've been looking at those as well. I think your $2k budget is pretty reasonable, and you shouldn't have to look too long. Here's a good looking 740 Turbo in Elkton, MD (closer to you) if you're willing to drive an automatic. http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/3318423395.html

Anyway, don't give up hope, but I'd definitely expand your search radius. It's worth a drive of a few hours to get the right car.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I love your car. Still running the 5AT?

I am but it will be getting a software upgrade soon. The OEM code doesn't seem to like me dumping it into 2nd at 5000rpm. Instead when I downshift it spends a couple seconds with it's dick in it's hand in neutral before finally going back to third. This is incredibly annoying when entering a turn at seventy miles an hour.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Confused_Donkey posted:

Holy poo poo. Is there any chance you can post more about it?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
He did, in the BMW thread.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rontalvos posted:

If there's anything that blurs the line between the two, it's the Mazda3. It's 5" longer than a new Focus hatch, 10" longer than a GTI hatch, 30" longer than a Mini... the only other liftgate car I can find within an inch or two of it is the Impreza, which Subaru calls a wagon.

I also now realize I think I've taken like three pictures of mine, ever; but it's a stock red '07 MS3, not a whole lot to see :v:

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Man, I love wagons. I find function an attractive quality in an automobile.

Here's a Corvair wagon I spotted near my work.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

IOwnCalculus posted:

I also now realize I think I've taken like three pictures of mine, ever; but it's a stock red '07 MS3, not a whole lot to see :v:

I think you got a lot I would like to see. :allears:

Four Banger
Oct 29, 2008
All these Subaru wagons, and no one has even posted the best one! :smug:
Being an early 20's male, my friends all mock me for my love of wagons, calling me a lesbian, or math teacher. But gently caress em, this is why I love my wagon.

You can haul rear end down abandoned logging roads and tear up old dirt pits.

You can fill it with 5 people, all their poo poo for a weekend long festival (and 2 of them were DJ's bringing a poo poo load of gear to perform) and still have room to spare

and you can go camping, and while everyone sleeps in tents and get's rained on, you can sleep in comfort.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TheFonz posted:

That's a hatch, you ninny! (Granted, it is an awesome hatch. My brother loves the poo poo out of his.)

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
Thread tag is a lie. I see no intercourse in any of these wagon pictures.

dokuja
Jun 2, 2004

NinjaPablo posted:

I love my wagon, even if she is getting a bit tired these days.

I miss my old Legacy wagon. Did well in the snow:

and loved playing in the mud:

Sadly, it was totalled in a rear-end collision so I had to buy a new wagon:

stump
Jan 19, 2006

BoostCreep posted:

Mine had non consensual intercourse with a deer.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I drive a sedan right now and like it a lot. But I have already decided which awesome wagon I'm going to replace it with, eventually:

Preferably the GT version, which comes with double wishbone front suspension (instead of Macphersons) and a torque-tastic 2.2L turbodiesel. 450Nm and 5.7L/100KM doesn't sound half bad to me.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Oct 12, 2012

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

stump posted:

Mine had non consensual intercourse with a deer.

Hah, I had my dad's silver E91 parked at my place for most of last month. If we knew someone with a silver E36, we could have done a full generational line up of 3-series Tourings!

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Four Banger posted:

All these Subaru wagons, and no one has even posted the best one! :smug:
Being an early 20's male, my friends all mock me for my love of wagons, calling me a lesbian, or math teacher. But gently caress em, this is why I love my wagon.

You can haul rear end down abandoned logging roads and tear up old dirt pits.

You can fill it with 5 people, all their poo poo for a weekend long festival (and 2 of them were DJ's bringing a poo poo load of gear to perform) and still have room to spare

and you can go camping, and while everyone sleeps in tents and get's rained on, you can sleep in comfort.

Lesbaru Crew

Please do not call it an SUV.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

BoostCreep posted:

Foreplay count?

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Sockington posted:

Foreplay count?

OOh you know just how to push all the right buttons.

Fake edit: Also that picture was on my screen just as one of my employees walked in the room. I think I need to go have a talk with him now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

some sort of irredeemable trash person

Four Banger posted:

Right on. Drove from Denmark and into the Swedish forests and camped there this summer. Wife, myself, our 2 year old and the dog. No problems (oh okay it was a tight fit).

In the woods

Playing with duplo in the back

Packed away again, blankets, sheets, mattresses, baby stroller, cooking equipment, etc

The car when not seen through crappy phone pics, 320d E46 Touring

Love it.

• Locked thread