Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I owned a fast wagon for a few days, but it blew up :(

LOVED THAT CAR.

2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon with the all weather package. It was everything I wanted then the turbo blew up and took the motor out with it.

Back to the dealer four hours away:

Got my money back because I didn't want them to half rear end a rebuild on a performance car and the car was dinged up more than they told me.

Miss it and am craving another one badly. Especially doing junkyard runs with a legacy sedan these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

While I love jerkin it to awesome performance wagons, there is no loving way I'm buying any of them. I'm a poor recent college grad, so my next car is another 05 legacy wagon probably pre-dead so I can fix it for cheap.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Crosspost from my thread.

First drive of my wagon. Bringing an H6 subaru motor to a friend in the back of this thing monday.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Haulin a heavy load.

There were two more but they would fall out as soon as you had the hatch open, for a total of 11. I could have probably thrown one more on top inside for 12, I could do 16 if I used the front pass seat and/or roof.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

This brings the things I've hauled since fall list to:

subaru transmission
subaru 6 cylinder motor
three fullsize exhausts (header back)
21 bankers boxes of paperwork
15 gravel tries
christmas tree
misc wheels + tires around the yard

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

If I actually had money I'd probably be in a CTV wagon instead of a lovely subaru wagon.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Wagon life:

Camping in my wagon at Kastein's because his house is a construction site. I honestly was really comfortable. I'm 5'10" and fit great in the back with a sleeping bag. Going to get a ground mat or memory foam layer or something and plan to camp more in this thing. Love it.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

chrisgt posted:

I have a screen that goes over my tailgate and a handle on the inside. So I can pop it at night to get out, or leave it partly open for fresh air not letting bugs in. Wagons are the best.

Yeah in the morning I was really pissed there was no interior hatch handle. Need to rectify that.

Also I want to get mosquito netting and some magnets and make a frame. The idea is I'll crack both sunroofs open and then put the netting on. Instant camp tent.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Another parts haul.

3 doors, 4 rims, two starters, still room for much more poo poo.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

wheez the roux posted:

I've got an '04 Impreza Outback Sport wagon which has been my baby and the only car I've ever owned. It's about to hit 90k miles any day now, and ever since my sister and I replaced the head gasket/2 pistons/belt 2 years ago with the help of a friend (and rotors/calipers/pads/oil myself a couple weeks ago) I've gotten a taste for working on my car. I always wanted to in HS because I was obsessed with WRC and such but now I actually have the money and time. What are some of the best bang-for-your-buck upgrades on the 2.5L EJ251? I drive through the cascades a lot (plus back in forth from Alaska/Seattle in tons of snow) so it's always been a goal of mine to front mount some PIAA lights. IIRC, swapping the up/downpipes was an easy good mod for the WRX but I'm not sure if that applies to the Outbk Spt. If there's a better thread for this let me know, I just have in mind that I want to turn my little Suby into a sleeper rally monster :getin: Harder to swap the block head with the STI block to turbo it, or drop in a whole new engine? I don't really know poo poo but I want to learn!

You have two choices.

1: do suspension mods + good tires and enjoy the car for what it is.

2: sell it and get a wrx.

It isn't worth the money to try and get power out of the EJ251.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I keep saying this, but you're doing the lords work.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

nm posted:

You're gonna have to define "decent set" because I doubt it.

I've seen the tops blow off racelands, and BC's handle like poo poo. General rule is if it's under 2k it's probably poo poo and if you wanted to turn right you'd be better off with a strut/spring combo.

Then again I race on ksports, they're a huge compromise, but they are more durable than anything else that isn't an RSSP or DMS or JVAB

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

*just subaru things*

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

savesthedayrocks posted:

I like that you put the privacy screen up so nobody tries to steal your engine.

Party in the front and middle, machine shop in the back :smug:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

If you don't give a gently caress about turning the iron 5.3 is like fifty cents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Goldie UK17s? A fantastic choice.

His are painted stock 16s.

:spergin:

• Locked thread