Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Duckboat posted:

Am I lame for thinking Dodge Magnums are cool?

No, not at all...someone here (I can't remember your handle, sorry) has an SRT he tracks...

I really want to find one and do a 300C SRT Front clip swap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

ahaha "there is huge demand for this car!!!" no there isn't, gently caress you quattroworld guy.

There is a huge demand from like 30 people on the internet for this car!

A thus, is why we don't get any wagons in the US. They don't sell. The masses that need to buy them with rather drive a Tahoe with 9 MPG and Ed Hardy Seat covers.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

New member of the soccer mom society ...

'05 Magnum SXT with 64K on it...

drat it was hard finding one without a billion miles. Was pissed to find when I got it how that they cut up the original radio bezel to fit the aftermarket kenwood in there, AND they used weatherstripping adhesive to hold the trim ring on.

But its nice to be able to fit my MTB in the back and leave it there for days if I want any spontaneous after work bike rides..

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Left Ventricle posted:

I hope you didn't get the 2.7... :ohdear:

Nope 3.5

Vigo327 posted:

Sxt with SE/SRT lights swapped? I have an 06 SE 2.7 w/111k.

I prefer it to a 3.5.

Hmm, I know by 04 the 2.7s problems had been pretty much fixed, but its a bit underpowered for a LX don't you think?

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Forester and Outback don't exactly get great MPG either.

Wow...whats with the used car market in AZ?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/3824021770.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/3795665352.html

Both Awesome cars, but at like half that price.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

I drive my v6 magnum daily and after 8 years of daily driving an actual truck, I can say for sure the magnum is no truck. I'll give you the visabilty thing, but a backup cam helps immensely.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Vigo327 posted:

Thread too dead. Here's a semi-cool wagon. I wouldn't mind owning this thing.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/4100174171.html

I'm newish here, how do you people do that thing where CL ads show up in a quote? :ohdear:

Or how about this?
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/4103509255.html

I have wanted one of these for a while, but I would then stuff a 5.7 or 6.1 Hemi under the hood as my own personal FU to Daimler.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

EnergizerFellow posted:

I agree that US wagon buyers are almost exclusively enthusiast buyers and it's shocking how few manufacturers seem to get this. The example I always cite for this is the Volkswagen SportWagen. Not only is the wagon ~1/3 of all Jetta/Golf sales, but 50%+ of those wagons are not only diesels, but manual transmission diesels.

Amusingly enough, another one who seems to get it is GM. With exception of the Buick Regal GS AWD and still-MIA Regal wagon, GM seems to offer a manual in what you'd really want it to be available in. If GM offered a Buick Regal GS AWD wagon w/ manual option I bet the sales would be surprisingly good.

They really wouldn't. You are on a car forum on the internet. You likely browse other car forums on the internet, your exposure to people who think this way is much, much higher than the norm.

The G8, Magnum, CTS Wagon, the GT-86/FRS/BRZ... all great examples of the types of car that I always hear people whining about that nobody sells, but when they do actually offer them, sell like poo poo.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Magnum, now the CTS Wagon.

gently caress you america, enjoy your lovely CUVs.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

SGNL06 posted:

Went camping for a night and decided to be too lazy to set up a tent

Im 6'2" and the length was just about perfect. With my head almost on the passenger seat, I had to really stretch to reach the tailgate with my feet. Nothing better than a tent with a stereo and built in bear protection system!

Where did you get that subwoofer box? Was it custom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

There are a couple of these floating around..

• Locked thread