Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
My wagon just before I sold it:

Spot the baby intercooler:

Guess the make and model

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Left Ventricle posted:

Man, Stageas are wonderful.

Not a Stagea.

Is a Nissan though, just smaller and FWD-based (mine was AWD)

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Timage posted:

My old series 2 stagea. Neo RB25DET with the awful tiptronic auto gearbox.

Yeah 90s Nissan autos were definitely their low point.

I like the M35 with the slightly more modern 5 speeds though, it's looking like my next car will probably be a late RWD M35 with the 3.5 like this:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

ROFLBOT posted:

The better half has one of these as a company car - a 2010 Ford Falcon BF wagon. One of the last, as they finally stopped production in 2010 to be replaced by the Mondeo wagon which by all accounts is a better car but has nowhere near the load or towing capacity (and its FWD...)

I particularly like how they got around to facelifting the front end, but never bothered to replace the hilarious AU shape windscreen

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Autralians too - Falcons and Commodores could be optioned with extra seats (before the Falcon wagons was killed, and the Commodore downsized)

Also I reckon the international Odyssey is more of a wagon than the Accord (which now has a laughably small load area)

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

While I do like the 159 that photo is its worst possible angle - makes the front look ludicrously long

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'd agree. Diesel has its place, but that place isn't in cars that are supposed to be fun.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

stump posted:

While it may be true (I don't agree, personally) that a fun car shouldn't be diesel, that does not mean that a diesel can't be fun. It'd be a poo poo if all fun cars were diesels, but even worse if economy couldn't be had a in fun cars.

Eh, I've often never driven a petrol car and thought 'drat I wish this had a diesel engine' whereas I have often thought the inverse while in diesel cars (note cars, for big 4wds and vans and such it definitely makes sense).

Then again I think the Holden Viva/Daewoo Lacetti ranks as one of the worst vehicles of the past ten years so I guess we have different perspectives.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

EnergizerFellow posted:

Not only is the wagon ~1/3 of all Jetta/Golf sales, but 50%+ of those wagons are not only diesels, but manual transmission diesels.

Sorry but how does that signal 'enthusiast'? To me that combo scream 'sales rep'

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

blk posted:

In Europe, yes. In the States, no.

I get that that is the common perception on this particular message board but is it really true?

After all a diesel Golf is a diesel Golf no matter where you are.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

The Allroad versions do look pretty gross to me - just like all the other faux SUV wagons and hatchbacks.

The normal A6 Avant on the other hand is a great looking car.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

8ender posted:

I swear Toyota does this on purpose to limit the possibility of optioning out a fun version of their cars.

It's the same with most Japanese cars - the 4wd version is for people who live somewhere with lots of snow, not something that is supposed to be fun.

Was the same deal with the 4wd versions of the Civic/Integra, Pulsar, Mazda 3 etc

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

organburner posted:

Kind of want to get a Galant with the 2.5 V6, but I have heard they have massive engine problems.

I thought it was the opposite - the 2.4 GDI is a ticking (literally) timebomb while the old 2.5l V6 is fairly solid just old fashioned (and comically thirsty)

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

FancyMike posted:

Unfortunately the newer Mazda6 wagon with the skyactiv 4cyl isn't sold in the US. FWIW my '04 has zero rust but I'm in Seattle where that's less of an issue.

As much as I dislike diesels in general I wouldn't mind a new auto Skyactiv-D 6 wagon - the engine/transmission combo works well

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

What about stretched timing chains (or was that a uniquely Holden problem with those engines)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Why not just get an S4?

• Locked thread