Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SGNL06
May 6, 2004

They're goin' home! They're goin' home!
yay

08 RT AWD. Lowered a few inches because stock wheelgap/ride height on the LX AWDs is ridiculous. High-flow cats and catback to wake up the neighbours, and a few other little mods here and there. In the plans are Charger SRT replica 20" wheels, then maybe drop it another inch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SGNL06
May 6, 2004

Went camping for a night and decided to be too lazy to set up a tent

Im 6'2" and the length was just about perfect. With my head almost on the passenger seat, I had to really stretch to reach the tailgate with my feet. Nothing better than a tent with a stereo and built in bear protection system!

SGNL06
May 6, 2004

Modus Man posted:

I looked up your post from when you got your magnum and saw that you dropped it a couple inches and I think it looks great. What exactly did you do for the drop? Do you have any pictures of how much clearance there is inside the wheel well? How did it affect ride and handling? How has it held up over the last couple years? That should be enough questions for now. God I wish they still made the magnum...

I got fully adjustable BC racing coilovers, and they've been great. Height adjustment goes from slightly below stock to pretty much midpipes-on-the-ground low. All four shocks have 30 "clicks" of damping firmness, and don't quote me on this but I think the softest setting is pretty close to the stock ride. The issues you may run into are too much negative rear camber if you go too low; mine isn't even that low and I'm a bit outside spec. I did buy some offset upper control arm bushings to correct it, but I'm planning on raising it back up for the winter. The snow/ice ruts here just trash the belly pan, and sooner or later I'll get stuck somewhere even with AWD and snow tires. The other issue is front CV boots ripping prematurely. My driver's side inner ripped ages ago, I just replaced the axle and discovered the outer had gone as well.

I don't have any close-ups of the wheel well, but here's how it sits on 20" wheels with 255/45 tires, which are about 0.5" bigger in diameter than stock:

I've seen lots of LXs way lower and/or with 22s on various forums so there's a good bit of room left.

The front belly pan does scrape if I'm not careful about where I'm driving, any lower and I'd be breaking poo poo. Construction zones with raised manhole covers are like minefields, but I'm sure anyone with a lowered car knows all about that...

SGNL06
May 6, 2004

Mighty Horse posted:

Where did you get that subwoofer box? Was it custom?

It's an MTX thunderform that cost far too much money, but it's really the only choice for a sub without loving up my cargo area. I could have looked up some tutorials and made one but...meh

SGNL06
May 6, 2004

I don't know what the roads are like in winter where you are, but here many sidestreets have 6" ruts of hard ice all season long. I don't think your muffler would last too long in those particular conditions, and neither did my bellypan or midpipes which is why I raised my car back up this year.

Obviously you have to cut off your muffler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SGNL06
May 6, 2004

It took some tetris-ing, but I jammed 4x 255/55/18 tires and 4x 225/60/18 tires with rims in the Magnum to go get them swapped over. Pretty sure I could've gotten at least two more in there :getin:

• Locked thread