Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.
My dog likes my (dirty) wagon. Also, I need new tires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.

Tremek posted:

Haha thanks. That was on Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position S-04s at 24psi, so drag radials would make a big difference too... I can feel the car slipping significantly off the line (but still turning 1.8xx 60' so not terrible) and then it also sidesteps on the 1-2 shift. I think I will probably see another 10th or 2 with DRs next year.

For what it's worth, I really like the tires. We drove the car 2500 miles back and forth from Virginia City, beat the hell out of them on the hillclimb, beat the hell out of them with 3 drag sessions now, and they're still quiet and ride well.

Any direct comparison to a new set of the OE Pilot Sport rubber? I'm on my 3rd set in the rear, 2nd in the front, and it's time for new shoes on my Wagon. If nothing else, the cost difference is appealing!

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

Tremek posted:

I think -Vs came with Michelin Pilot Sport 2s (PS2s) but I don't have any experience there as when I got the car it had Hankooks on it and while being somewhat worn may have been part of the problem, I didn't like the ride or their tendency to want to follow ruts. It didn't matter anyway as I caught a nail in the left-rear on my 3rd day of owning the car.

I had Toyo Proxes Sports on the Mercedes, before that Mickey Thompson ET Street II drag radials, General GMax performance all-seasons on the G8, and before that the stock RE050s which were atrocious. Overall I like the S-04s the most but the car probably lends some perception bias. ;)

Yeah, mine came with the PS2s - they're nice, and I've liked them on other cars, but I need to buy them in bulk for the rears, possibly due to driving habits of the operator...

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

I like my wagon.

https://youtu.be/ipNSW3nr0mg

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

leica posted:

I've been using Long-Term Quality Index lately, and the CTS does not fair well at all with a "well below average" rating.

Gave up on wagons and have been looking at The Lexus LS and GS :v:

My CTS wagon is... Fine. New squeak in the roof somewhere, and the rear diff noise needs attention again. Terrible mileage, and seems like the tires don't last. But I'd say it's "average" at least.

• Locked thread