Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Thalandril, Affronted Elf

Thalandril glares across at Sven as he bemoans the workmanship of elven sea craft and swiftly interjects. "Don't listen to a word of that, Elena. The Elves owned the seas for thousands of years, even before we claimed Ulthuan. An elf ship is more agile and swift than any other you're like to encounter and sturdier than they look. Some of the war craft at Ulthuan have been about since before the birth of our dark cousin's in Naggaroth."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Orzad

"In other words, they're antiques and probably obsolete.", Orzad adds.

Dire, I think you might have your stat block mixed up a little bit. The "advance" column doesn't get added to your stats. Those are the advances you can take and have to take to finish the career. So, for example, I think your WS right now should be 34, then when you get 100 xp, you can buy an advance to bring it up to 39, and so on, till you've bought four WP advances and brought it up +20. Then your WS will be 54 and you'll have maxed out the WP advances you can buy for that class. Once you've taken all the possible advances, you're done with the class and can pick a new one.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
After deciding to head to the docks, the party gathers their wares and has the bartender assemble a tab for their witch hunter boss. The night is still young, and people are still risking the streets to finish up their errands.

It takes approximately an hour to get to the docks, and the district is much livlier than the trade district at this time of night. Rowdy singing and terrible instrument playing can be heard from the many taverns and inns lining the docking yard, and large torches and lamps light the actual docks themselves as ships leave and arrive, even at this time of night.

Before long, the party is approached by a local street urchin; Johann recgonizes him as the kid from the tavern. He is dressed in the tatters of what was once fine clothing, and his hat is set on his head at a jaunty angle; his posture makes it seem like he thinks himself much bigger than he actually is.

"A fella knows where to find the man you're lookin' for, and wants to talk a price. Follow me." With that, the kid is off down the alley, picking up a lantern as he goes to light the way. With few other leads, the party takes after the boy*, who keeps a fairly linear path through the docks.

Finally the boy arrives at an out of the way warehouse, and he throws the large loading door open before setting the lantern down and vanishing into the night. Inside, leaning against a stack of crates and smoking a simple cigarette, is a very broad man with enormous arms and a crooked lump of a nose. He is a grim looking fellow, and stares intensely at Grant and Thalandril. He snuffs the cigarette out and stands, rolling his shoulders. When he speaks, his voice is gruff and low.

"Name's Horst Breuer. Osric don't wanna be found, so 'less you want broken legs, I think you ought to back off. Understand?"

*if you don't wanna follow by all means I'll post for what you actually wanna do, but this is pretty well the railroad route right now :toot:.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 4, 2012

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Elena

Elena looks around the warehouse, checking all the nooks and crannies with her night vision, "Erm, is there only you here? You do realise how many people you're threatening on your own right?"

Are there more dudes, can see for 30 yards. Also spent xp on Strength.

Sledra fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 7, 2012

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Elena can see no one else from where she is standing, but there are several stacks of crates behind which someone could be hiding. It is, however, extremely difficult to check without breaking away to look behind them.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Sven

"Now hold on there, good person. We're not with the church, we're investigating the young boy because the story seemes suspicious. Maida told we should find Osric." Sven explains and steps forward to position himself between Horst and rest of the party, with open palms stretched either way.

"Now, we don't have to fight. We can bribe you, if that's what you like. Be reasonable though, you'll have to earn it. Or we can get straight to breaking legs. Personally I prefer breaking fingers, the inconvenience makes one think his past actions more. Though I've started fancying breaking legs after that bard in Altdorf called me a liar. Ever see man without kneecaps try to run away? Hilarious."

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Thalandril, Negotiator

The elf eyes this Horst fellow once over and his hand falls on the grip of his pistol. "Listen, friend, we need to see what Osric knows about the Sigmar boy. The lives of thousands could be at stake. If you won't tell us where he is then at least let him know that we're looking for him and why. I'm sure after that he could find us himself."

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
Dick Barone, Barone Sanitation

"Seems to me you're a bit like this sack," Dick hoists his primary employment resource over his shoulder, where the man can see it. "YOU'RE BOTH FULL OF poo poo."

With a Herculean effort, he lobs the sack at the man, before drawing his sword and rushing at him!

Draw steel and charge down that bitch.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Johann

"Well. We're here on behalf of Witch Hunter Roderi..." Johann begins to say, before jerking in surprise from the mighty hurl of the poo poo sack. His eyes widen, both at the prospect of just what awful things the projectile will do on impact, and at the maybe having to kill someone tonight, and he fumbles with his club to draw it.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Horst hesitates, unsure if he's being threatened or not. However, upon the mention of the abbess and the boy, the dockworker visibly relaxes. "Look, if you've got good intentions, I-" The dockworker is cut off by a sudden sack of manure nearly decking him in.

Seeing Dick draw steel, Breuer scowls and whistles sharply. The warehouse fills quickly with men who duck from behind the boxes or burst in from side doors; several even come in from behind the party. All in all, there are enough burly, seaworn men to outnumber the group three to one.

Breuer ducks out of the way of Dick's charge, the sword merely sinking into the wood of the barrel he had been resting on, and retaliates on Dick, slugging him in the jaw. Horst pulls his punch, however, and backs off once the punch is thrown. He motions for the other men in the room to stay back, despite a few drawing cutlasses.

"Calm your rear end, shitseller! I don't want no one gettin' hurt!" He looks desperately to the rest of the party, seeing at least one hesitant to draw arms. "I'll tell ya what happened with Osric, and tell ya how to get to him, just calm your lil' poo poo fiend down, alright? The hunter's good to us, so we're good to him, and we don't want no one buggin' him that ain't gonna be good for him."

The leader of the dockworkers raises his hands up defensively, to show he has no weapon at his hip."Calm down and we don't got a fight. We can work. Deal?"

I will be posting all combat rolls for transparency, where I usually just mention social rolls.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3815793/ Dick Charge, 46 vs 60, MISS
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3815796/ Horst Punch, 46 vs 42, HIT

Dick suffers 1 very superficial wound.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Dick Barone, Barone Sanitation

Dick sheathes his sword, and cautiously approaches to retrieve his sack of poo poo. "Fine, we'll deal for now. Tell us what you know and this won't have to get...lovely."

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Johann

Johann looks both worried by how hideously outnumbered they all are, and relieved that the thugs aren't eager to skewer he and his companions. It's an emotional roller coaster, what what.

"We don't want to fight," Johann reiterates, nervously brushing his fingers over his club before folding his hands behind his back. "Again, we're working for a Witch Hunter too, so I'm sure Osric will want to see us."

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Thalandril, Annoyed Diplomat

Thalandril takes his attention off of the pistol at his side as the negotiations seem to be going well. That is until Dick takes things into his own hands. "Damnit Richard!" The elf immediately reaches for his shield, but the motion seems futile after the room fills with burly dock workers. He swears violently in elven and tries to find an avenue of egress. Luckily the ring leader seems to be in a reasonable mood. "Thank you sir. A war could hang in the balance. Getting to Osric may be the only way to stop the forces of Chaos from marching against the Empire."

Dire
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to have to bow out of the game. Christmas and real-life issues like suddenly getting evicted are going to distract me for a while and it's better the game doesn't stand still for poor ol' Grant. Sorry!

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Dire posted:

I'm going to have to bow out of the game. Christmas and real-life issues like suddenly getting evicted are going to distract me for a while and it's better the game doesn't stand still for poor ol' Grant. Sorry!

Ouch. That sucks, man. I'll keep a seat warm for you if you can come back after Christmas, but in the mean time, I'll pull someone from the recruitment thread to fill in for you.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Good luck with everything, Dire. And thanks for playing. We're pulling for you.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Dire posted:

That is a lovely thing to happen at this time of year and I'm crossing all my fingers and toes you get sorted out in the gooncave of your dreams ASAP! All the best mate.

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
I know the timing is miserable, but I won't be able to keep playing. My unit is deploying in like a week and I don't know when I will have internet accessibility, if I do at all. It has been a lot of fun and I wish I would continue, but that's life. Feel free to NPC Thalandril until you can find a replacement. It's been great guys. I hope to play with you all again in the future.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

As above - great fun gaming with you and hope to see you back in TG safe and sound!

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Good luck to you, man. Well, that's two replacements then. :v:

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Horst sighs, taking his hat off and running a hand over his bald head. "Alrigt, deal it is. I'll tell you what happened, and then you get in there and help our man out. Way it started was, Osric heard damned quick that that fool priest of Sigmar, Helmut, was claiming some boy was Sigmar Himself and had gathered a big crowd. Well, he and some lads I know went up to see for themselves what was going on."

"What I heard is, the crowd was half mad, but even so there weren't many who'd stand in the way of a pissed off witch hunter, mad or not. So ol' Osric, he pushes his way in until he's right at the foot of the stairs, with Helmut and the boy standing in front of Sigmar's temple, bold as brass."

The dock worker pops open the barrel Dick had buried his sword into and catches a cup tossed to him by one of the dock workers, dipping the battered tin container into a barrel of beer. He takes a deep swig of it and cringes, before offering the barrel to the others. "Got other cups you can use. It's cheap poo poo, but we get it free. Anyways. Osric recgonized the boy right off, and he started shouting down Helmut as a fool and the boy as an imposter. You can imagine how that turned out."

"He didn't get very far before the crowd turned ugly and started grabbing onto him. They had to be addled in the brain, to try and do that to one of his kind, cause ol' Osric, he's out with his sword and layin' in to any blighter coming at him." Horst drains the rest of his cup and sets it on the edge of the barrel. "Well, one of them bastards comes up behind Osric with a flagstone to the back of the noggin, and BAM. He's on the ground, out. The crowd was out for blood, and that piece of poo poo, Helmut, he's shouting that Osric's a murderer and a blasphemer and that he tried to kill the boy."

Murmurs come from the assembled stevedores and dock workers, and Horst glares at them. "Shut up! I'm talking here! Anyways, the lads managed to drag Osric out of there. But the crowd done near beat him to death. He was taken to a leech, who kept him from dancin' with Morr, but it mighta been better. He was howling from the pain, and ale wasn't strong enough. So.."

Again, Horst sighs, putting his cap back on and looking grief striken. "We took pity on him. Took him where he wouldn't feel anything no more. He's in the Golden Lotus, one of them eastern type hovels.. or, at least, his body is. Reckon his mind and pockets are empty by now.."

"Look, if you really needa get to him, the Lotus is at the end of Three Penny Bridge. Three storey poo poo hole, hard to miss. One of the most notorious drug dens in alla Marienburg. Looks like a breeze'll knock it over, you could probably find it by the smell of the black lotus they smoke in there." Horst digs into his pocket and produces a small wooden coin, with the image of a golden lotus painted on it. He tosses it to Sven, but gives Thalandril and Grant an odd look. "Gonna warn you two, the likes of you? You look like guards. They see you within twenty feet of that place and there's no gettin' in."

Grant and Thalandril share a look between each other, before deciding they agree with the foreman. They tell their allies they will return to the Mermaid and await any further instructions from their witch hunter employer, and wish them luck before making their way back from the dockhouse. Watching them go, Horst motions one of his men over before whispering in his ear and making a motion towards the door. The man nods, skirting the party and jogging into the night.

"Sad part of it is, those two looked to be the muscle of you lot. I'm sendin' to have a couple of my boys meet you at the Lotus. I worry for Osric's safety, and since you seem to be friends of his, I worry for you, too. Get on out there and get him to safety. Do somethn' about this crazy poo poo." Horst grins, motioning for the other dockworkers to get back to work. "Manaan or whoever ya worship keep ya safe, lads. Lemme know if there's anything you need; I ain't goin' anywhere."

And now we have a lead in for the new guys. Feel free to ask Horst any questions or just generally react. I'll have a post introducing the two new recruits tomorrow night after I pick them.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Sven

Sven accepts the wooden coin and tugs it down his pocket.

"Thank you, Horst. I will speak kindly of you in tales of this mystery. And here's something for your trouble." Sven says and hands him a few coins.

I haven't actually kept track of what I've earned while performing, so I'm just handing Horst whatever I've earned so far. Going to start keeping a track now.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Johann, the Embalmer

Johann listens to the story, flinching slightly as he hears about the hunter being clocked with a flagstone. No wonder Osric is apparently so messed up.

"Do you have a way to smuggle him out of the city or something if we get him? If we haul him through the gates, someone may recognize him and attack him. Can you stow him in a crate or something temporarily and then open it up once he's safe on a boat out of here?"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Horst pockets the coin with a grin, tipping his hat to Sven. "I'll see to it the boys get their share. As for Osric? He should be safe there, if not just physically. And most of the crazies are already outta town, as far as I know. But if you get him outta there, just bring him here. We'll watch him."

With that, the party leaves Horst and his men, following the foreman's directions to find their way across Three Penny Bridge, deeper into the heart of the Suiddock. There, across the road from the end of the bridge, sits a three story building that looks as if even an elf could shove the building over. The musky, acrid stench of black lotus leaves permeates the air around the building, and hanging near the entrance to the alley is a wooden sign with a peeling signboard, painted with the image of a golden lotus.

Under the sign stands two unfamiliar figures, who seem to have been waiting for the party. The human in leather armor elbows the mailed and scarred elf, pointing towards the party.

Here is where Commoners and Wibblewobble can introduce themselves. Once they've posted, we'll head into the alley and get going.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Winwor the Pitfighter

"Those're the guys we're supposed t'be beating bloody, righ'?!" The elf throws a bottle of unknown make against a nearby wall, causing the glass vessel to shatter and sprinkle onto the nearby walkway. Winwor smacks his balled right fist into his opened palm as a pencil-thin smile crawls across his bruised face. He begins moving forward as he twists his fist in his hand; the knuckleduster set on his hand becomes plainly visible as the distance between him and the party closes. Whether he is supposed to be menacing or friendly is up in the air between his threatening posture and welcoming facial expression, though it is apparent that no good will come of-

"I'm just pullin' your legs, you sad sacks. So you're the ugly lot that's got the bald barrelpusher pullin' favors. Last time I ever tell m'pap I'll help with the business." The smile on his face expands to show broken teeth, his hunched, aggressive posture giving away his history as a wrestler. His eyes lock upon Sven and widen slightly as he turns his face to talk to the other new human, though even with his new facing they seem to rotate freely to unerringly gaze upon the dwarf with a funny hat.

"Yeah, we'll get through with this an' beat 'em up later, I figure. You figure they could fight back?"

Commoners fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 14, 2012

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
Johann the Thug

Johann finishes his luxury meat pie, luxury because it was mostly unidentifiable meat instead of unidentifiable gristle, before wiping his hands on his goat and joining in with the conversation.

'Lets find out if they have any valuables first, i'd rather avoid pissing off Horst without some gold being in it for me. Besides if everyone is so interested osric, we might run into some people worth mugging.'

code:
Name- Johann
Gender- Male

[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3729689/[/url] switched out the 8
Current Career : Thug

Hair Color : Black
Eye Color : Light Brown
Sex : Male
Hair Type : Short
Height : 5 ft 9 
Weight : 155 lbs
Star Sign : Mummit the Fool
Siblings : 3
Birthplace : Ostland
Marks : Broken Nose

WS BS S  T  Ag Int WP Fel A W  SB TB M Mag IP FP
Starter Profile 34 26 31 38 31 33  25 29  1 11 3  3  4 0   0  3
Talent Bonus    0  0  5  0  5  0   5  0   0 0  0  0  0 0   0  0
Adv. Scheme     10 0  5  5  10 5   0  0   1 2  0  0  0 0   0  0
Adv. Taken      10 0  5  5  5  5   0  0   1 0  0  0  0 0   0  0
Current Profile 44 26 41 43 41 38  30 29  2 11 4  4  4 0   0  3 

Wounds - 13/13
Fate   -  3/3

Previous Career : None
Original Career : Thug

Purchasable skills:

* none

Skills

* Common Knowledge (The Empire)
    * Gossip
    * Speak Language (Reikspiel)
    * Dodge Blow
    * Consume Alcohol
    * Gamble
    * Intimidate
    * Secret Language (Thieves Tongue)

Purchasable Talents:

* None

Talents

* Very Strong
    * Coolheaded
    * Lightning Reflexes
    * Disarm
    * Quick Draw
    * Strike to Injure
    * Strike to Stun

Trappings
16gp Starting
Bought:
2gp on Buckler
10s on Stockings (Mask)
5s on 5 bottles of spirits
6p on 2 cheap pies
2gp on Halfling Riding Goat
10s on Rope (10 Yards)
6s on Dice
10s on Crowbar
10s on simple Hat
3gp from Leather Jerkin
12gp on Leather Jack
10gp from 2 Hand Weapons
10gp on Shield
3gp on Leather Skullcap
10gp on Leather Leggings
20gp on Mail Coif
3gp on Good Quality Clothes
6gp, 8s, 228p

* Clothing (Common, Good)
    * Hat
    * Dagger (SB-3)
    * Knuckle-dusters (SB-3) (Pummelling)
    * Hand Weapon (Hammer) (SB)
    * Halfling Riding Goat
    * Sling bag (with blanket, wooden tankard, wooden cutlery)
    * Tattered cloak
    * Bottles of spirit X5
    * 1 Cheap Pies
    * Mail Shirt 
    * Mail Coif
    * Leather Jack
    * Leather Leggings
    * Leather Skullcap
    * Stockings (Mask)
    * Shield
    * Rope (10 Yards)
    * Dice
    * Crowbar

*Career Exits:*

* Bodyguard
    * Ex-Convict
    * Interrogator
    * Mercenary
    * Pit Fighter
    * Racketeer

*Experience*
Experience Points: 500/500
1st Free Intelligence
2nd Free Toughness
Weapon Skill Advance 100xp
Attack Advance 100xp
Weapon Skill Advance 100xp
Strength Advance 100xp
Agility Advance 100xp
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL | A |
Current   : | 44 | 26 | 41 | 43 | 41 |  38 | 30 |  29 | 2 |
Wounds: 13/13  Fortune: 3/3
Armour: 3 Head, 3 Body, 1 Arms, 1 Legs
Knuckle-dusters (SB-3) Pummelling
Hand Weapon (Hammer) (SB)
Shield (SB-2) Defensive

wibblewobble fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 30, 2013

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Winwor the Pitfighter

"Right. Good thinkin'. And after we do that we can use 'em as witnesses to say we were rightfully defendin' ourselves." He swipes a thumb over his nose, his eyes finally leaving Sven and rolling over the rest of the group, "So what're you lot supposed to be? Why would a witch hunter be toting you around? Don't they usually 'ave altar boys or somethin'?" His hands ruffle through a bag half-slung across his back and he eventually manages to fish out another bottle.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Johann the Embalmer

The look on Johann's face as they approach the two newcomers says a lot. "Look at this festival of conviviality," he comments to the others, eyeing the pitfighter and thug.

"Lets get Osric. I'm sure Roderick will pay us all when this is over." He's actually a bit interested in that also - it'd be a shame to have done all this for nothing. "Roderick is the Hunter we're working for, by the by. Went to Aldorf. We're off to meet him when we're finished here."

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
Johann the Thug

'Right lets get going then, sooner we get this done the sooner we get paid.'

Lifting Elena up by the arms, he deposits the halfling on top of the goat and walks into the alley.

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Elena

Quickly overcoming her surprise at being picked up, Elena settles herself comfortably onto the goat. "Ok I like these people, they gave me a pet!"

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Orzad

Orzad looks suspiciously at the two. They don't look trustworthy at all. The Empire is filled with people like them, of course. Marginals, on the outskirts of society, relying on their wits and their muscles to get by. Not constructive. But they looked like they could fight, at least. Well, they could use some cannon fodder to help save the witchhunter. So long as they didn't stab the group in the back first.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The trip down the narrow alley is short, taking all of thirty seconds, before the alley ends abruptly. Set in the side of the building is a heavy, well-built wooden door, which is unremarkable save for a narrow, shuttered panel at about eye level (for a human.)

After a moment, the shutter slides open, revealing a pair of dark-colored eyes that glare suspiciously at Johann. The face of the man behind the door is ruddy, and when he grunts his words, it is heavily accented and gruff. "What? You pay, or go."

Winwor, being an elf and thus perceptive, turns his gaze skyward along the rough bricks of the building. He figures that with a little work, they could easily scale the side of the building and enter through a second story window, if it came to it.

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
Johann the Thug

Fixing his best 'I'm not some loving mug' stare he addressess the door keeper.

'Don't worry, It's not like we don't know how these places are run. We just want to spend a quiet evening here, enjoying what you have to offer.'

Secret Language (Thieves Tongue) to show that I'm in the same game as they are and that we aren't sloppy wankers who are going to cause trouble and to give us a discount, paying either way.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The brow seen through the slat crinkles for a moment, before uttering a curse in a foriegn tongue. He disappears for a moment, his face replaced with the tip of a crossbow bolt. "No trick. Pay or go."

Looks like he doesn't understand you, Wibs!

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Winwor the Pitfighter

Winwor gives a pointless sniffle just to make sure his nostrils are clear for breathing, looking around at everyone else. He hammers down his new bottle before his face contorts with pain and he breathes out a raspy breath, mumbling, "Hooo. Holy poo poo tha'ss awful." He forcefully gives Ella the empty bottle before swaggering to the peripherals of the doorway, and clicks his tongue while winking towards the most thuggish of the two Johanns present.

He grips his fingers into the brick and begins climbing with his objective in mind.

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
Johann the Thug

Exasperated by the man he pulls out 2 Guilders and holds them up to the slot.

'WE PAY. YOU NO DO SOMETHING STUPID LIKE TRYING TO KILL US.'
then whispers;
'And learn the fuckin lingo while you're at it.'

wibblewobble fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 16, 2012

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Johann the Embalmer

The other Johann listens and watches the exchange between Johann the taller and the door, trying to make sense of what exactly is going on. "Isn't that what the token was for?" he comments aside to Sven, raising an eyebrow, before looking to the elf, watching the show.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Sven

"Hm? Oh yes, the token." Sven replies to Johann. "I was just observing what sort of characters these two are. Plenty of interesting stories those two will live."

Sven pulls the wooden token out of his pocket and approaches the door. He holds up the token in the air and waves it behind the taller Johann.

"I've got this token here. Will it grant me and my companions entrance?"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Winwor gets a few handholds on the wall, but is unable to haul himself up too far; in the meantime, Johann has flashed enough coin to get the bouncer to open the door, and upon seeing the scaling Winwor. The bouncer is a large, Arabyan man with golden skin and black hair pulled back into a single braid, and when he sees the Elf scaling the wall, he snarls and grabs his ankle, yanking him down hard from the wall.

Before things can escalate any further, Sven has produced the wooden token, and the man freezes upon seeing it. His hand moves from the scimitar at his side and he grunts. "Faraq. Many apologies, friend of Hunter. In." He bows, glaring at Johann the thug and Winwor, motioning everyone inside.

The interior of the den looks about as one would expect an opium den to look; the walls and rafters are stained a bluish-black from constant smoke, and the wallpaper is peeling in multiple places. Faraq takes his seat on a stool by the door, drawing his saber to sharpen it, now ignoring the rest of the party. A flight of stairs near him leads down to a dingy, poorly lit room, and across from the entrance is a narrow staircase leading up to the second floor.

Men with dazed, moronic expressions slump in the three-high bunks filling the room, occasionally bursting into shouts or tittering laughter. A single attendant, with a cloth wrapped over his mouth and nose, takes money and refills pipes the patrons hold. Clouds of thick, acrid smoke waft through the room, and curls out from under doors lining the walls.

The smoke hits Dick, Elena, and the more educated Johann hard; Elena doubles over in fits of coughing, tears streaming down her face as the Black Lotus smoke starts to affect her, and her two human companions fare little better. The two dwarves, the elf, and the thuggish Johann are made of sterner things, and appear unaffected by the smoke. The attendant looks up, his eyebrows raised. One of the men at the bunks bellows out. "KROELLER! I CAN THINK AGAIN, LAD! HURRY OVER!" The attendant jumps and scurries over to the man, repacking his pipe.

Dick, Elena, and Bald Johann fail their toughness tests by more than three degrees, and are taking a -15 to all tests while within the main room of the opium den. The others passed, even if just barely, and suffer no ill effects

1d100 [42] = (42) Orzad v 42
1d100 [33] = (33) Sven v 41
1d100 [76] = (76) Dick v 35
1d100 [69] = (69) Johann (E) v 32
1d100 [5] = (5) Winwor v 36
1d100 [38] = (38) Johann (T) v 43
1d100 [73] = (73) Elena v 28

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Winwor the Pitfighter

Winwor takes to the room like a fish in water, even a deep breath of the hotboxed room leaves him unaffected. He leans over to look into the googly eyes of a particularly strung out man and laughs in his face before giving a predatory look around the room. He then turns to the three who are being affected so heavily by the drug laden air, "Just take a breath in, yeah? It's easier when y'don't fight't. Know what is and what isn't, and take it as it is." He snickers as tears and spittle flow from the discomfort, though it is obvious that he is watching the three keenly while only paying peripheral attention to the movements in the room.

Whether it is guardianship or the pit fighter making his marks for a plan to come it is unclear.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 17, 2012

• Locked thread