Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Shiny Head Johann

Johann has smelt a lot of foul stenches before, but the smoke in the Lotus goes beyond that, making him immediately wretch and have to grab at the wall for support. "Shallya's tits, what..." he starts to speak, before he's wracked with another coughing fit. He does eventually (just barely) gain control of himself, wiping at his mouth with the back of his glove.

"Lets grab him and go," he urges, realizing he has no idea what Osric even looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
Johann the Thug

Having conducted more than the occasional bit of business in places such as these, the atmosphere has no more than a effect on the man than a bottle of spirits.

'Right. Lets find this Osric geezer and get him out of here. Where do you want him brought? Horst? Or do you have someplace else in mind?'

wibblewobble fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 17, 2012

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
Dick Barone, Barone Sanitation

The smell of poo poo was one thing, but this was far worse. It was cloying. Pungent. AROMATIC. "He can't be too hard to spot, it sounds like the crowd left him a total vegetab..." Dick trails off as he realises he's in a building full of people who could easily pass for being in a coma. "I got nothing."

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Sven

"Ah, so that's what Arabyans look like. They have only two arms." Sven mutters to himself. "So that guy in Delberz was genuinely a mutant. Gonna have to change that story a bit... And that smell! Reminds me of my uncle Gorim..."

After admiring the scene for a while and trying to remember all the details for future tales, Sven approaches one of the employees with the wooden token in hand.

"Where is Osric? We need to talk with him."

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Elena

Elena swoons on her feet and glances around the room, her eyes taking in such vibrant colours and sounds. Oh what wonders! The world is like a flower in bloom; it's petals unfurling with a subtle groan of pleasure. Oranges and Purples and Greens and Goranges and Urples and Greds. The Goat! Where had the goat gone at this time of night it was dark and cold outside and he could catch his death! A table, a chair, a seat, salvation. Slumping into a comfy chair Elena sighs to the others, "I like this place."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Sven strolls casually and confidently up to the lone boy running between the customers, and after a moment grabs his attention. Kroeller's eyebrows go up once Sven shows him the token.

"Look, shortstuff, your token got you in here, but it won't buy you jack." However, on the mention of Osric, the boy turns defensive. "Hey now, we got a lot of people in here, most with people looking for them. They come here because they don't want to be found. I'm not going to tell you where he is, so if you wanna find him, start knocking on doors and see how Faraq likes that."

Kroeller nods towards the bouncer as he says this, and the Arabyan simply grunts as he runs his sharpening stone over his scimiar. The attendant grins very smugly at the party, even going so far as to stick his tongue out. "Now, unless you got cash, I'd reccomend going. I've got customers."

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
Johann the Thug

Resting his hand on the pommel of his sword Johann approaches the boy. Not being a man of peacefull talents he attempts to make it very clear that co-operation would be a very good thing for them.

'Look, it's in your interest to help us get Osric out of here. We aren't the only ones looking for him. A lot of very unreasonable people are looking for him as well, so do us all a favour and tell us where he is, before someone gets hurt.'

Intimidate 36

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Winwor the Pitfighter

He leans in close to the boy, another bottle somehow having found its way into his hand. He speaks quietly while giving him crazy elf eyes, "I won't hesitate t'put a boy on his back."

I'm also going to be assisting with my own intimidate. I have 41 strength and the skill so I don't know how that works really. Also, if Faraq starts poo poo because we're menacing his buddy I'm going to have a readied action to throw the bottle at his head as an improvised throwing weapon.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Kroeller pauses, looking Johann square in the eye before glancing sideways to Winwor. To Johann's dismay, the boy looks incredibly nonplussed. He leans to one side and bellows, "FARAQ! JALA KUMBARARKA!" The sound of sharpening steel stops suddenly, and the others see Faraq grinning as he stands, brandishing his scimitar. Several of the more lucid lotus imbibers sit up or lean forward to watch.

Before he can act, however, Winwor chucks his empty bottle of spirits at the bouncer, but Faraq merely leans out of the way of the throw. He curses loudly in Arabic as he stomps across the room, notedly barefooted, shoving his way past the others to get towards the two insitgators.

Johann rolls a 68 on his intimidate, and Winwor rolls an 88. Kroeller rolls a loving 3 on his WP vs Intimidate. Way to be thuggish, guys; can't even scare a 14 year old kid.

Winwor rolls a 15 for intiative. Faraq rolls a 12. Johann (T) rolls a 5.

Winwor attempts to throw his bottle at Faraq, and misses; I am letting him have a delayed move action here, if he so chooses. He can attack immediately after his move if he wishes, since he'll be right after Johann anyways.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3831380/ Winwor Throw, 54 vs 35, MISS

Johann (T) is up. Others may jump in if they like, since Faraq has used his turn to move towards Johann (T) and Winwor, and has ended up with Orzad and Sven directly behind him, and Elena, Johann (E) and Dick to either side of him. Johann (E) is up to act next, and Faraq is close enough now that you can move AND attack.

Johann (E), Dick, and Elena still are at -15 for any actions, so it's really the dwarves who may wanna help. :v:

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 19, 2012

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
Johann the Thug

'gently caress you fatman.'

Drawing my buckler and knuckledusters. Then beating the poo poo out of faraq, using the strike to stun talent.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

If I want to be dumb and try an unarmed attack, is that at any penalty to WS? (aside from the current -15)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Sven

"I DO NOT KNOW THOSE TWO!" Sven proclaims loudly and walks hurriedly away from the action. Using the commotion to his advantage he starts searching for Osric, opening doors and trying if the occupants react to either Osric's name or the wooden token.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

IPlayVideoGames posted:

If I want to be dumb and try an unarmed attack, is that at any penalty to WS? (aside from the current -15)

You would do 1d10+ (SB-4) damage, and any armor points would be doubled against the attack; so, no, no further WS loss.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Johann slips his knuckledusters on and, with a grin, swings with all of his might. The blow strikes Faraq square in the jaw, giving the man pause. However, it seems Johann's strike did little more than enrage the massive Arabyan, who doesn't seem to want to drop as easily as most Imperial citizens might from the same strike. He spits out a string of curses in Arabyan, and is obviously now focused on the thug.

Meanwhile, Sven slips away and begins opening doors*. Throwing the first door open, he finds a very naked tattooed who has slumped off of his couch face first onto the floor. Something about the tattoos make Sven's eyes hurt and gives him a sick feeling to his stomach, and the dwarf surmises the unconcious man is, more likely than not, not Osric.

Johann (T) goes in for a punch and lands it; however, he fails his strength test to stun.

*Sven may open one door a round.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3831541/ Johann (T) Attack, 23 vs 39, HIT
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3831544/ Johann (T) Stun, 73 vs 46, MISS

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Winwor the Pitfighter

"Awh poo poo!" Winwor exclaims as the fighting starts. He dips forward moving to Faraq's sword arm, and attempts to weave his arms in to lock his joints.

I'm gonna be attempting to wrestle him with a standard attack. I have a +10% WS and +10% STR for purposes of my wrasslin' rolls.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Seeing that working alone will do no good against the likes of Faraq, Winwor uses his grace and agility to work his way behind the Arabyan, getting his arms around him in such a way to bind the bouncer's joints. Faraq struggles against the elven pitfighter, but finds his strength works against him; the more he tries to force himself free of the elf, the more he finds his joints locking painfully.

He growls and rocks back against the elf, trying to throw the pit fighter off of him, but Winwor uses the movement to get an even stronger grip on the Arabyan. Kroeller, seeing the bouncer getting overpowered, turns and tries to find help amongst the lotus smokers.

Winwor succeds in grappling Faraq, and Faraq fails to break the grapple. It is now Johann (T)'s turn again; all attackers get +20% against both Winwor and Faraq.

Kroeller is trying to find reinforcements, and I am going to wait for Sven to react to the door he's opened before moving to another one. :v:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3831666/ Winwor Grapple, 31 vs 54, SUCCESS
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3831669/ Faraq Resist, 43 vs 39, FAILURE, GRAPPLED
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3831686/ Winwor vs Faraq, 29 (39 - 10) v 63, WINWOR WINS, Grapple Maintained

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Orzad

Orzad is a comic, not a fighter. Plus, humans seem to always be fighting over one thing or another. He slips away and joins Sven in checking the doors.

[i]Opening a door[/b]

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Slipping away from the melee, Orzad throws open one of the doors. Inside the room is a man perched on a couch like a gargoyle, and when the two make eye contact, the man recoils with a shriek. The man, obviously baked out of his mind, lunges towards Orzad, slamming into him and toppling him to the ground

He blathers on and on in the dwarf's face about how he can't seen, won't be seen, and struggles against the dwarf to hook his thumbs into his eyes. However, Orzad is more than a match for the man, who is weakened severely by his constant use of the lotus, and throws the man off of him with ease. The druggie slams into the wall and wails out in pain, curling into a ball and rolling to face away from Orzad. "Don't look at me, you can't look at me, I'M NOT HEREEEEE."

Orzad opens the door, and fails in dodging the man's lunge; however, his grapple attempt fails, and Orzad easily beats him in a test of strength.

All NPCs in this room, save for Kroeller and Faraq, suffer from -10 to all tests, due to their lotus addiction. And this guy had a stupid low WS. He was rolling to go under a 5. :v:

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Johann the Embalmer

"Ah, damned the luck," Johann slurs, feeling the effect of the lotus smoke more and more the longer he lingers. He blankly watches as the scuffle breaks out, letting out a whistle at the display thus far, until he sees Kroeller start to run off for help. "HEY! Hey! We're all reasonable here," calls the somewhat dazed bald Johann, trying to chase after and clumsily restrain the young man.

Phone posting, sorry for errors. Assume he's trying to restrain Kroeller.

IPlayVideoGames fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 20, 2012

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Sven

With a deadpan look on his face and for once at a loss for words, Sven closes the door silently and moves to the next one.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
Dick Barone, Barone Sanitation

"I can't feel my face." :gonk:

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
Johann the Thug

Johann feels a momentary embarrassment as he looks down at the writhing forms of Winwor and Faraq. Resolving the situation as well as he can he begins beating Faraq with his Knuckledusters.

'We're not here to cuddle with them! And someone grab Kroeller before that little poo poo cause any more trouble.'

Swift attacking Faraq till he's unconcious. Using strike to stun.

wibblewobble fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 21, 2012

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
With Winwor holding the man's arms down so he can't defend himself, Johann finds it easy to pick his mark. He slams his fist into Faraq's head twice, once between the eyes and again right across the jaw. The secod hit causes the Arabyan to go limp in Winwor's arms, as the man has fallen unconcious. The elf finds he is incredibly heavy now that he's not supporting himself.

With the other Johann advancing on Kroeller, the boy has no time to find aide, and upon seeing Faraq get the living tar knocked out of him, the boy throws his hands up pleadingly. "I'm sorryyyy, don't hurt me! Osric is in the third room on the right, on the second floor! Please, don't hurt him and don't hurt Faraq any more!" The boy is in near tears, and the drugged men nearby grumble and roll over at his voice.

Winwor devastates Faraq and he is now unconcious. Kroeller is now working with you.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3832767/ Johann (T) Punches, 44/51 vs 59/59, TWO HITS (LA, H)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3832773/ Johann Damge, 8 and 8

8 - 1 AP = 7 damage
8 - 0 AP = 8 damage

15 damage total, CRITICAL HIT of 6, stunned for 9 rounds.

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
Johann the Thug

Wiping his bloodied hands clean on the comatose man before approaching the boy, he looms over him for a while before speaking.

'Well. Lead on then. Lets hope there aren't any surprises. Oh Johann make sure that the lardarse doesn't bleed everywhere, don't want this place all hosed up when I take over.'

wibblewobble fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Dec 21, 2012

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Winwor the Pitfighter

Winwor takes a few seconds to unlodge his own constricted grip, and eventually beats the unconscious Arabyan with open palms while shrimping his limbs out from underneath the large man, "Get- Th'gently caress- Offa me you walking larder! Argh!"

He stands, takes a moment to brush himself off, and then immediately starts gloating to the young man who is nearly in tears, "Bitch, I told you! I told you! Awh poo poo! I bring men to the ground with raw muscle, and women t'th' ground with fuckin' good looks!" He flexes as he continues to showboat around the room, before his adrenaline edge bleeds off and he calms down slightly.

"Right. Lets crack a door before we gotta crack some heads."

He is going to the correct door.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 21, 2012

Sledra
Jan 24, 2005

How Thortunate!
Elena

Elena's eyes go wide and she reaches out a hand, gently proding Dick's face. "It's ok Dick, I can feel it. It's still there. And orange. When did you go orange?"

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Bald Johann

Considering Kroeller is suddenly agreeable, Johann leaves the rest to the capable people, instead fishing in his pocket to pull out a cloth to press to his face. It doesn't actually help, of course, but he thinks it does. That's worth something.

He'll unsteadily follow along.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Thankfully for Johann, the cloth does help; he finds it slightly easier to breathe, and in return, easier to focus. He watches as Kroeller replaces the cloth around his own face with one pulled from a basin of water, before the boy starts up the stairs with party in tow. Faraq lays on the ground in a daze, groaning lowly as Winwor and Johann the thug kick him as they step over him.

Upstairs, the boy fiddles with the lock on one of the private rooms, before scurrying downstairs. The door swings open easily, and inisde is a fairly posh looking room, with dresser and lavish bed. However, Osric is not on the bed; he is strewn onto a narrow cot on the opposite wall, clutching a still-smouldering pipe containing the ashy dregs of Black Lotus resin. His pupils are dilated and his unshaven jaw hangs slack, and filthy bandages cover his left arm and both legs.

He is obviously in his late 50's, and just even a casual glance shows the witch hunter is veteran of many fights. His body is heavily scarred, with his bandaged arm and hand curled into a claw. His face is covered in ancient burn scars, and his hair grows in odd clumps, with one of his ears nothing more than a grizzled stub.

His eyes, however, are a brilliant blue, and show no age to them at all. He stares through the door, uncomprehending, as his head lolls to one side.

Thankfully, now being away from the smoke downstairs, Johann, Dick, and Elena can find they breathe much easier, and find their heads that much clearer. The poo poo salesman and halfling still feel slightly woozy, but it should pass in time.

You have found Osric, and he is stoned. Time to wake him up.

Johann's penalty drops from -15 to -10 due to the cloth, which is moot now, since being out of the main room removes the penalty. The penalties currently incurred will last one more round, which is about 20 seconds of narrative time. So pretty well by the time someone does something with Osric, you'll be fully clear-headed.

Except Elena and Dick, if Sledra and Yoshimo so choose, since they would've had like a -35 penalty if I hadn't capped it at -15. If so, it'll last maybe an extra minute or two narrative time.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 21, 2012

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
Johann the Tosser

Grabbing one of the few tufts of hair left, Johann yanks the witch hunters head up. Dipping his fingers into the pipe ash he quickly draws some whiskers on the man before slapping him. Hard.

'Oi Osric! Wake the gently caress up!'

Not letting himself get discouraged by Osrics non-reaction he pulls out a bottle of cheap spirits and pours a healthy measure onto the hunters face before quickly moving out of his line of sight.

wibblewobble fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Dec 22, 2012

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Much to Johann's relief (or annoyance, depending on his desired outcome,) the splash of room temperature whiskey does little more to Osric than make him grumble in annoyance. The witch hunter shifts slightly, snoring throatily.

Osric is smoking drugs to dull his pain, so minor physical abuse won't break his trance. Nor will warm liquids*.

*please don't pee on the witch hunter - the mgmt

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Johann, Dazed and Confused

The other Johann watches Osric not respond in the slightest to being slapped and splashed. He gradually lowers the cloth and stuffs it back into his pocket, trying a few breaths. He doesn't seem about to topple over anymore, at least. "Uh...black lotus? I think I may have made something with that before for someone complaining about a toothache," he comments, trying to remember what he knows.

Can I use Trade (Apothecary) to try to figure out what to do to counteract the Lotus? Int is 52 minus whatever negatives are still there.

IPlayVideoGames fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 23, 2012

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Johann pauses in thought for a moment, as he recalls the proper uses of black lotus, recalling the resin is actually a powerful stimulant when applied orally. He dips his finger into the pipe and peels back Osric's lower lip, revealing the old man's gnarled teeth, and begins rubbing the sludge into the man's gums.

Osric smacks his lips, and Johann pulls his hand from his mouth as the man's tongue tries to dislodge the resin, and after a few moments his eyelids flutter as he regains focus once more. His eyes turn steely and sharp, and he looks at Johann, who is watching him like an expectant doctor.. before driving his fist straight into the embalmer's groin with all of his might. The witch hunter's eyes smoulder with hatred as he looks from the Embalmer to the others, his face contorting in a mix of anger and pain. He hacks and spits a thick lump of sludge at Johann's feet, snarling.

"WHY IN THE NAME OF MORR WOULD YOU WAKE A DYING MAN FROM HIS FETHIN' DRUG INDUCED SLUMBER, YOU BALD ELF KISSIN' BASTARD?!" He struggles to sit up, shielding his eyes with his good hand suddenly. "Sigmar be DAMNED but these lights are bright. You cockeyed shitsellers better have a good goddamned reason for makin' an old man suffer. Who are you working for?"

The man barely gives the group time to respond before spitting again and continuing his tirade "You know what? I don't fethin' care who you work for, you orc-brained morons probably can't string together a proper sentence to convince the mutated idiots that were yer fathers that yer they're spawn." Osric gropes blindly for his sword, wincing in pain before settling back into bed. He balls up his fist and swings weakly for Johann's groin again, but the embalmer has made some distance from last time.

He sighs. "Shallya preserve me, but I hate you, doctor."

Johann (E) awakens Osric. He suffers one wound.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3834886/ Johann (E) Apothecary, 8 vs 62, SUCCESS

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Johann the Embalmer

Johann probably expected great things from serving witch hunters. All those thoughts are dashed when he takes a fist to the balls. He chokes and staggers backwards, before toppling over to the floor, trying to catch his breath.

Many curses are spat out, though not many are recognizable.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Orzad

Easily getting away from the stoned man, Orzad follows the sound to the rest of the group, where he sees the witchhunter annoyed and the embalmer hunched over and retching. He starts to approach the witchhunter, cap in hand. "We're sorry to bother you, sir, but this is important. It's about the boy; the one that they're claiming is Sigmar. The Priestess Maida has said you have proof that he's not. We're witchhunters...err, we work for one, at least. We're just trying to discover the truth."

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Winwor

"That man's too ugly t'be a feckin' elf kisser, an' I don't have feckin' orc brains! Orcs don't even have brains you smarmy old poo poo! I'm not afraid t'punch an old man in the face when he's already on 'is back!" Winwor retorts, obviously insulted by the pained old man.

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
Johann the Tosser

'Its purely out of respect of your position that I'm not repeatedly sinking my fists into your face right now. But if you ever talk to me like that again you mincing loving oval office, I will tear your loving skin off, I will wear it to your slag of a mother's birthday party, and I will rub your nuts up and down her leg whilst singing a hymn to Sigmars glory.'

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Osric cackles, looking more alive than he did moments ago. He jabs a finger at Winwor, his face turning cold and serious. "That's my point and you missed it, elf. Yer kind can never see the forest through the trees, lookin' at the long con so much. Buncha floaty, unconcerned tightasses only carin' about the 'morrow and never today. And YOU."

The old witch hunter sits up with effort, glowering at Johann the thug. "You don't EVER bring Sigmar's name in on your own petty little grievances. I do his work and may invoke his name, but if yer mam had raised you better you might not be tryin' to write a check your rear end can't cash. And the both of you, SOME bravery to threaten an old man who will never heal right! If that crowd hadn't snuck up on me, I'd have your guts for garters and wouldn't even wear 'em twice!"

However, when he turns his fury towards Orzad, the witch hunter hesitates. His expression softens slightly and he slumps back with a grunt, motioning for the dwarf to come closer. "You've got my ear, dwarf. Your folk have always been an ally to Sigmar, so your concern in this matter, and the blessin' of Madam Maida, speaks volumes." He spares a glance to the two more thuggish party members. "Help the doctor up and dust 'im off for me, with my sincerest apologies. I ain't apologizin' to the likes of you two, but if the dwarves will have you at their back, then I guess I got no reason not to trust you."

"So, talk. What do you lot need with an old shitheel like myself?"

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

Johann the Embalmer

He's starting to catch his breath by the time things calm down a bit, and he shakily pushes himself to his feet, looking a bit paler but no worse for wear. Still, he'll let the others talk for now as he keeps a wary distance from Osric. That man is dangerous.

wibblewobble
Jul 7, 2010
Johann the behaired

'Some minge flannel by the name of Karl is being called Sigmar reborn. 'parently you had something to do with the boy. Or at least thats what I heard from Horst.'

wibblewobble fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Sven

Sven had followed the others and entered the room when it was obvious they knew where the witch hunter was.

"Apparently the boy ain't quite as holy as people believe. And you have some proof of his non-divinity, right?"

• Locked thread