Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBM3dc7876E

Here's the somewhat odd CG commercial that aired tonight.

Why the hell is Elizabeth being hanged So many questions. This game cannot come out any sooner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Also makes me wonder if there's going to be some throwback to Bioshock 1 & 2, whether it be from one of Elizabeth's tears or somehow Andrew Ryan is in Columbia and decides to build Rapture

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kasonic posted:

It's important to note BioShock Infinite takes place in 1912. Bioshock took place in 1960 and Rapture clearly wasn't more than 10-20 years old.

Rapture was built in the 40s I think

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, you can't cosplay a character and be the model for that character at the same time, that makes no sense.

That said, she looks way better than the actual character, if they had just stuck her face in the game as is, there'd be no problem.

Original Elizabeth

Redesigned Elizabeth based on the Cosplayer

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

thexerox123 posted:

How old are those, though/what makes you think the redesign is based on the cosplayer?

If you look at the Beast of America trailer, which was 2 months before they hired her, Elizabeth doesn't look like the first super-early example.

First one is from the Bioshock Infinite Reveal and the second is from some more recent screenshots of Liz

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Acquire Currency! posted:

I'm trying to think of a prime example of this aside from Iron Man 2 (watch a video of it, the guy who plays war-machine sounds like he's literally on it over the phone.)
TES: Oblivion had Patrick Stewart, but I thought he did well.

Sleeping Dogs

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

republic posted:

While we're on the topic, is there any way to get the Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2 on Steam? I've heard it puts the core game to shame, but I don't see it around on the Steam marketplace.

you have to get it through GFWL

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

NESguerilla posted:

Does the story in this link to the first two bioshock games in anyway?

That would be considered a humongous spoiler my good man

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

Sir, are you sure you played the right game? And saw the right video? I think you teleported to some lopsided alternate reality.

He's obviously from one of those tears where the game is an absolute failure and is not compelling at all

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Two things that have been bothering me... If Elizabeth wants to go to Paris so drat bad why doesn't she produce a tear and go into it? And why the gently caress did Booker get baptized if he had the symbol of the false prophet on his hand?

I haven't finished the game yet but hopefully these get answered because drat both of these glaring plotholes.

I believe the priest was blind when he baptised Booker

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Clearly, it is. There would not be controller support otherwise. :smug:

Are you serious, even games made for the PC have Controller support

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Yes. Clash in the Clouds is somehow 5GB large.

because the PC version has the higher quality textures and other crap that the console versions can't have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Frankston posted:

Any word how big the download is?

9.1 gigabytes

• Locked thread