Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
Oh! It turns out the PSN version is only $35. I thought it was going to be $40 so I ordered a physical copy. It hasn't been sent yet so I might just cancel my order and buy it off PSN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

So I am through the first door (I can specify spoilery things if needed, just let me know) and I was halfway through the puzzle and I went to try to save and none of the buttons on the bottom (Arch, memo, flow, save, and log) work, and I cannot access any items I have. This is kind of a huge issue as I haven't saved in over an hour. Anyone else experience this? I can still examine items and walk around.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

If I had one complaint so far it's only the same complaint I had about the first 999: it takes a while to get the characters up to speed on the ground rules for the game so you spend like an hour going over explanations.

Other than that, pretty solid so far.

I couldn't find the hidden file combination for the first puzzle room (er, not the one you start off in, I mean later) but I'm pretty sure I was CLOSE. Grr.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

CousinKevin posted:

Of course the second I post, I find out the answer. First tag I attempt to explain how to get it, second tag is just straight up answer

Match up the rips on the bed, to the numbers on the pin-up girl's body, once you do that, input the numbers in the first locker, based on the rips in room order 2, 4, 1, 3. That makes no sense, so if you want the answer is in tag below

Literally the one thing I hadn't tried! Thank you, though, I was going a bit nuts trying to figure this out.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

jtm33 posted:

Oh! It turns out the PSN version is only $35. I thought it was going to be $40 so I ordered a physical copy. It hasn't been sent yet so I might just cancel my order and buy it off PSN.

Yeah, I'm getting kinda frustrated that Canada got stalled at the border or something. I'd have totally bought it off the PSN by now if I didn't really want a physical copy of this.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

cryingscarf posted:

So I am through the first door (I can specify spoilery things if needed, just let me know) and I was halfway through the puzzle and I went to try to save and none of the buttons on the bottom (Arch, memo, flow, save, and log) work, and I cannot access any items I have. This is kind of a huge issue as I haven't saved in over an hour. Anyone else experience this? I can still examine items and walk around.

Yep happened to me, right after you used a coin for a puzzle, right? I looked around and thats happened to a couple of people. Sadly you gotta reload to fix it.

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Literally the one thing I hadn't tried! Thank you, though, I was going a bit nuts trying to figure this out.

Out of the 3 rooms I've done, that's so far the only puzzle that really made me go "seriously, what the gently caress"? The rest of the game is really similar to 999's puzzles, all logic based and really not very hard, that bit seems to be the exception so far.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yep happened to me, right after you used a coin for a puzzle, right? I looked around and thats happened to a couple of people. Sadly you gotta reload to fix it.

Reloaded the game, and the last time I had saved was literally 2 minutes into the game. I think I am going to cry now.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, I'm getting kinda frustrated that Canada got stalled at the border or something. I'd have totally bought it off the PSN by now if I didn't really want a physical copy of this.

Yeah I was going to end up paying a minimum of $45 for a physical copy to be shipped over so this seems to be a better choice. $35 is entering my threshold of being OK with not being able to resell. Plus I really want to play it now.

I cancelled my order and am waiting for a $50 PSN code to be emailed to me. I should hopefully be able to begin playing in a few hours! I miss out on the $20 copy of Catherine I was going to get with it but oh well. Should be easy enough to find that cheaply later on, and I am in no hurry to play that.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Anyone manage to solve the deal with the Mosaic? I've been putting the colors that it shows in but with to no avail, already got my key out of the place but I want that loving file.

e: NVM, I'm loving dumb. :downs:

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 24, 2012

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Holy poo poo this game has already blown my mind. I'm gonna wait a full week before saying what, not even in spoiler tags, but... WOW.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

I'm on the branch all the way to the left (Luna > ally > Luna), at the second escape room, and I can't find the file password for the life of me. Anybody want to give me a hint?

I also find it amusing how the Ambidex game is just the prisoner's dilemma with a fancy name. There's literally no downside to always allying, but the characters don't seem to know that.

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

Gyre posted:

I'm on the branch all the way to the left (Luna > ally > Luna), at the second escape room, and I can't find the file password for the life of me. Anybody want to give me a hint?
I'm at the story bit after that puzzle, which I also got stuck on for a while. Assuming you've found the key password, the file password is (vague hint) closer than you think. The main problem I had with it was that I kept overthinking it, making me miss the obvious answer.

And just in case that's too vague, here's one that's hopefully a middle-ground between vague and giving it away: The password is 12 characters, but there's more than 12 of the objects that gave you the key password. When you realize how many of those objects there are, the answer should become more clear.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

e: Complaint withdrawn, they managed to make it neat this time around instead of frustrating.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 24, 2012

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

I'm enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would - up until just now, when the game crashed in right after the first Ambidex Game and I lost some of my progress.
Right in the middle of a speech I got a popup "Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward has an error" and asked me to send a report to Sony. Then I got sent back to the Vita menu.

The path I took (spoilered I guess, though it doesn't really give anything away) was Infirmary with Tenmyouji, "Ally" during Ambidex Game.

If the game crashes or bugs out like this again I will be awfully frustrated.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, and by the way, guys, you don't need to hit an ending to go back through the flowchart of events.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

JavaJesus posted:

I'm at the story bit after that puzzle, which I also got stuck on for a while. Assuming you've found the key password, the file password is (vague hint) closer than you think. The main problem I had with it was that I kept overthinking it, making me miss the obvious answer.

And just in case that's too vague, here's one that's hopefully a middle-ground between vague and giving it away: The password is 12 characters, but there's more than 12 of the objects that gave you the key password. When you realize how many of those objects there are, the answer should become more clear.

I'm stumped. Yeah, there are thirteen robots, I realized that even before. I've tried every password I can think of, but nothing works.

Edit: I mean the password for the tablet.

Edit 2: Just make sure you tap to the left and right of the mixer rather in the middle, since the spouts are on either side. Also I'm pretty sure you can only have one color bottle and one "land" bottle in the mixer at a time.
VVVVVVVVVV

Gyre fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Oct 24, 2012

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.
This is going to sound incredibly stupid, but for the lounge escape room, how do you get the second bottle of alcohol in the mixer? I seem to be too stupid to know how to do this, because whatever I do I seem to just pick up my first bottle, and replace it with another

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Bought this on my Vita through the PSN today and when I try to download it it tells me "could not download error C0-10932-5"

I've tried multiple times and it continues giving me the same error. I even tried downloading it on my PS3 and copying it over using the content manager but it just says "could not copy error C0-10932-5"

Has anyone else run into this problem? What am I doing wrong here...

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

Gyre posted:

I'm stumped. Yeah, there are thirteen robots, I realized that even before. I've tried every password I can think of, but nothing works.

Edit: I mean the password for the tablet.
Ah, I misinterpreted what you were getting stuck on. Hopefully this time I'll be able to give some better advice. :)

There are 13 robots, yes, but that's not quite what I was getting at so let's try a different approach. You should have two relevant files: one that's obviously referring to the robots, and one that isn't obviously referring to anything but that has some elements that are similar to the first file. This second file also has a very large element to it that you might find meaning to in the context of the robots.

If you've already made that connection but still can't find a working password, you might be running into the other problem I had that I had forgotten about : The files are oriented as if they were made by somebody looking across the room from outside the walls. This is a very different perspective than the one you have in-game, that of being inside the room and looking at each rack of robots from a different angle instead of the same angle for both of them.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

JavaJesus posted:

Ah, I misinterpreted what you were getting stuck on. Hopefully this time I'll be able to give some better advice. :)

There are 13 robots, yes, but that's not quite what I was getting at so let's try a different approach. You should have two relevant files: one that's obviously referring to the robots, and one that isn't obviously referring to anything but that has some elements that are similar to the first file. This second file also has a very large element to it that you might find meaning to in the context of the robots.

If you've already made that connection but still can't find a working password, you might be running into the other problem I had that I had forgotten about : The files are oriented as if they were made by somebody looking across the room from outside the walls. This is a very different perspective than the one you have in-game, that of being inside the room and looking at each rack of robots from a different angle instead of the same angle for both of them.

I should have said I have the escape password. It's only the file password that I can't find. Truth to be told I had problems with orienting the eye chart, too.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Okay, Crew Quarters puzzle question. I have the escape password, but can't get the file password. I think I must be halfway to getting it though: I did find the tape, and I did find the upside-down backwards phone number that makes you call the phone in room 3 to play the answering machine, but I just get static on the tape. The hell?

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

Gyre posted:

I should have said I have the escape password. It's only the file password that I can't find. Truth to be told I had problems with orienting the eye chart, too.
Okay, got it.

Vague: When I was talking about "the objects that gave you the key password", I wasn't talking about the robots as a whole.

Less vague: You used the eyes of the robots to determine the letters that made up the key password, and there are more than 12 eyes.

Obvious: There were 12 eyes that were turned on that matched up to the letters of the password on the eye chart. Take those out of the 24 total puzzle-relevant robot eyes, and you're left with a completely different set of 12 eyes to match up to the chart.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Speedball posted:

Okay, Crew Quarters puzzle question. I have the escape password, but can't get the file password. I think I must be halfway to getting it though: I did find the tape, and I did find the upside-down backwards phone number that makes you call the phone in room 3 to play the answering machine, but I just get static on the tape. The hell?

Don't sweat about getting the file passwords. They are not required for completing the game (including seeing all the endings), and make for a fun post-game extra challenge. Besides, some of them are really difficult to get.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

JavaJesus posted:

Okay, got it.

Vague: When I was talking about "the objects that gave you the key password", I wasn't talking about the robots as a whole.

Less vague: You used the eyes of the robots to determine the letters that made up the key password, and there are more than 12 eyes.

Obvious: There were 12 eyes that were turned on that matched up to the letters of the password on the eye chart. Take those out of the 24 total puzzle-relevant robot eyes, and you're left with a completely different set of 12 eyes to match up to the chart.

Got it! Thanks so much.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm a little confused with a puzzle in the Archives.

The box says to add up blue and green and then multiply it times red, and based on the weight set...

50g = red

50g + red = green (so 100g)

and red(or the 50g weight) + green = blue (so 150g)

yet when I input the answer (12500) nothing happens. It's pretty late so I wouldn't be surprised if I hosed up somewhere but I've double checked it multiple times and keep getting the same results

e: Of course after some sleep I immediately go back to it and solve it instantly. :downs:

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 24, 2012

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Well I'm an idiot. Didn't read through any of the tutorial stuff because I'm an impatient dunce, so didn't realise that I already had all the passwords for the first room. Ended up switching it to easy mode because I though I was missing something.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Geez I can't believe how hard it was to get my hands on a copy. After calling several different stores I finally found one that had a single copy they put on hold for me.

But now I've got it and it's time to plunge right in.

I hope the Funyarinpa's in it.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
I got stuck in the Lounge for about an hour. I was missing a clue, and if I wouldn't get any more hints because of it. Switching to Easy did nothing, I was still just as lost. I found what I was looking for eventually but it was a bit confusing. At least now I know that when they tell you to look for clues it probably means you don't have everything yet.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It seems Canada got their copies now. My local EB Games had two copies on Vita and 3DS.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

What the heck are those blocks on the sides of Quark's hat?

EDIT: I have one problem with Clover. Due to the positioning of her head it looks like she's grinning when she's totally not supposed to be.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 24, 2012

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo this game's mechanics are already strikingly different from 999. I hit an ending and went back to my previous choice... (spoilers are non-specific) Sigma remembered what I had just done. He has the sensation of going back in time to try to change his decisions to get a different outcome. And then he suddenly realizes how bizarre this is!

This is really cool.

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Just picked up my 3DS version, after playing Vita version for about 5 hours, and 3DS for about an hour, I don't really notice too much of a difference in graphics, both look pretty similar. I do feel the game play in the 3DS version is much better though, both are fantastic though!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just ran into another bug in the PEC, saved and quit for a bit and went to reload and all I get is a black screen. Thankfully I hadn't even solved any puzzles in that room yet so I can just jump to it but it's still annoying

e: Oh, choosing start from the beginning gives you a new flowchart? What the gently caress did I just lose 10 loving hours of gameplay? :(

e2: Yeah I basically recommend anyone playing on the 3ds version to NOT save and quit for ANY reason in the PEC in case the same bug happens

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 24, 2012

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Holy poo poo this game's mechanics are already strikingly different from 999. I hit an ending and went back to my previous choice... (spoilers are non-specific) Sigma remembered what I had just done. He has the sensation of going back in time to try to change his decisions to get a different outcome. And then he suddenly realizes how bizarre this is!

This is really cool.

This happened to me too, but it was even more holy-poo poo inducing than that. I am very intrigued and confused.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Oh man I just started and I can't wait to play the NONARY GAAAAAAME! AMBIDEX EDITIOOOOOOOON!

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Pantry puzzle question: How do you solve the loving ice cube puzzle? I have been going at it for what feels like forever and a quick google search gets me nothing. I found one person saying the start of it is right, down, left, down right. But no luck yet!

Edit: solved it!

cryingscarf fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 24, 2012

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just making a second post since I looked it up and people have had the same issue in multiple rooms, pretty much confirming that any time you save theres a chance it'll go corrupt. How the hell did this make it past bugtesting? Just a big warning to all.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Just making a second post since I looked it up and people have had the same issue in multiple rooms, pretty much confirming that any time you save theres a chance it'll go corrupt. How the hell did this make it past bugtesting? Just a big warning to all.
I'm really scared that people have already found this many bugs so far, not to mention that they're save corrupting bugs... Was this a problem for the original Japanese release as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

Oh man I just started and I can't wait to play the NONARY GAAAAAAME! AMBIDEX EDITIOOOOOOOON!

I know, right?! Zero the Third is totally hype like that. I just love to watch that rabbit get amped up about things.

• Locked thread