Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Are these game breaking bugs in both versions of the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Are these game breaking bugs in both versions of the game?

It seems different bugs are present in both, but I did see posts about their VITA version crashing and giving them a debug code and other poo poo like that.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Haven't seen any bugs yet myself, but I may be lucky.

Whoever voices Zero The Third is kooky and amazing.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Im sure I know the answer, but there would be no way for them to patch the retail versions, right? The PSN version seems simple enough, just upload a fixed version for everyone to redownload, but a cartridge version (for both systems) would need to be programmed with that capability from the start, right?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

Im sure I know the answer, but there would be no way for them to patch the retail versions, right? The PSN version seems simple enough, just upload a fixed version for everyone to redownload, but a cartridge version (for both systems) would need to be programmed with that capability from the start, right?

Nintendo patched Mario Kart 7, so its possible.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Gutcruncher posted:

Vita games, digital and cartridge, can be updated with patches.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Policenaut posted:

Vita games, digital and cartridge, can be updated with patches.

Even games that are totally offline singleplayer only? Thats pretty cool.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Well hopefully they get one out soon. I'm too demoralized to skip all that text again only to run into a bigger third bug or something. And on the off chance a patch will fix the save bugs.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 25, 2012

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.
I'm still amazed to hear about all the bugs in the game, didn't think a visual novel/puzzle game would have that many bugs...

I haven't run into any personally yet, hopefully 3DS is a bit more stable then Vita version.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

A good way to spot if you're about to get smacked by the save bug seems to be if after you save if the "room name" spot is blank, if it is try saving again and hopefully it'll display correctly.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Man, I must have hit the worst possible path to go through, because, uh (very vague non-specific spoilers) this game has become a freaking slaughterhouse.

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

I had the Vita error in a previous post, but I haven't had any issues since. I've been playing for, uh, way too long (I can't put it down) so that's not too bad.

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.

Speedball posted:

Man, I must have hit the worst possible path to go through, because, uh (very vague non-specific spoilers) this game has become a freaking slaughterhouse.

Not too surprised that's how it goes with how some on 999's endings went, I think I was going down the true ending path ( people started going insane from Radical 6 ), but gave me a Too Be Continued

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Since I'm sure ones not out in english yet is there one of those japanese wikis with puzzle solutions? I'd rather just speed through my other puzzles instead of recounting steps I had forgotten

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Since I'm sure ones not out in english yet is there one of those japanese wikis with puzzle solutions? I'd rather just speed through my other puzzles instead of recounting steps I had forgotten

Try this.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oof, that site just shows me how rusty my Japanese has become, thank god for google auto translate being vaguely understandable. Thanks a ton for the link.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Okay, I have to ask, the file puzzle in the lounge what the gently caress?

How does the clock work, for one. I can't seem to figure out anything to do with it at all.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Just had my first truly :tviv: moment. This game is already delivering.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Dio is kind of amazing. It's like there's this little hamster in a wheel running around in his skull, powering a small computer whose only function is to generate assholish behavior. "What one thing can I say at this very moment to make people trust me EVEN LESS? Go do that!"

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
I'll have to wait until the end of the week/start of next week for my copy of the game to arrive from Amazon. I'm still going to hang around this thread to hear good things about this game (and the bug warnings, what the hell.) So far, people've been enjoying it. That makes me happy and excited.

So until then...

Edit: So does the game crash only when you save your game at certain points? Does the 3DS's sleep-mode have a risk to crash the game as well? I tend to play games at home and have it always on sleep mode near the charging dock. I'd want to avoid saving the game as much as possible if it results in black screens... :ohdear:

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 25, 2012

RunningBuffet
Oct 25, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Just ran into another bug in the PEC, saved and quit for a bit and went to reload and all I get is a black screen. Thankfully I hadn't even solved any puzzles in that room yet so I can just jump to it but it's still annoying

e: Oh, choosing start from the beginning gives you a new flowchart? What the gently caress did I just lose 10 loving hours of gameplay? :(

e2: Yeah I basically recommend anyone playing on the 3ds version to NOT save and quit for ANY reason in the PEC in case the same bug happens

Aw, balls, I just did that. Same room you mention and on top of that, it was the puzzle minigame that crashed the 3DS when it tried to load it. Tried to reload my save from in there and whoop, black screen, greaaat.

Came to read the thread to see if anyone else is having problems, and welp. I think I'm putting the game down for a little while now before I get the will up to button through everything again (or if they do release a patch cause augh.) So yeah, just throwing in another confirmation/warning along with yours to not save in the PEC room. Lost about 8 hours myself, hoorah.

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

HelloWinter posted:

Edit: So does the game crash only when you save your game at certain points? Does the 3DS's sleep-mode have a risk to crash the game as well? I tend to play games at home and have it always on sleep mode near the charging dock. I'd want to avoid saving the game as much as possible if it results in black screens... :ohdear:

I've left the game on sleep mode for about an hour or so (had to finish up an essay), and when I came back everything seemed to be completely fine, I really think it just messes up at random points of the game. I haven't had any problems myself on 3DS, though!

*Edit - Maye not random, after reading more of the thread...

CousinKevin fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 25, 2012

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

RunningBuffet posted:

Aw, balls, I just did that. Same room you mention and on top of that, it was the puzzle minigame that crashed the 3DS when it tried to load it. Tried to reload my save from in there and whoop, black screen, greaaat.

Came to read the thread to see if anyone else is having problems, and welp. I think I'm putting the game down for a little while now before I get the will up to button through everything again (or if they do release a patch cause augh.) So yeah, just throwing in another confirmation/warning along with yours to not save in the PEC room. Lost about 8 hours myself, hoorah.

Yeah, this should prolly be in the OP between two sirens or something to make sure more people don't experience this despair.

On that note, I really loving wish you could enable text skip in an option menu (which doesn't exist, yay) or something because just mashing A past all the poo poo I've seen is not only tedious but a good way to get a sore thumb.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah, this should prolly be in the OP between two sirens or something to make sure more people don't experience this despair.

On that note, I really loving wish you could enable text skip in an option menu (which doesn't exist, yay) or something because just mashing A past all the poo poo I've seen is not only tedious but a good way to get a sore thumb.

Well on VITA, holding down the square button (which would be, what, the X or Y button on a 3DS?) speeds past text at rapid pace if you've already read it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Are these bugs even in the Japanese version? :raise:

Seems usual for this thing to be so buggy.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Speedball posted:

Well on VITA, holding down the square button (which would be, what, the X or Y button on a 3DS?) speeds past text at rapid pace if you've already read it.

Yeah, but if you get hit with the save corrupt glitch it acts as if you booted up the game for the first time, so you don't get that luxury.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

FWIW, I never encountered any bugs in the Japanese version, and it was the only thing running on my Vita for two weeks or so back when I played it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Done. So the gist of the bug is that you can't save in the PEC room (whatever that is)?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

Done. So the gist of the bug is that you can't save in the PEC room (whatever that is)?

Yeah pretty much. Also another easily avoided bug you might want to put in the OP is to save often in the Crew Quarters, because one of the puzzles has a chance to make you unable to access any menus upon completion.

e: Oh seems you already had a thing about that there, whoops.

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

What is the "PEC" room exactly? Is it a room later in the game?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

CousinKevin posted:

What is the "PEC" room exactly? Is it a room later in the game?

Yeah, it's just another puzzle room. the characters talk about the name the moment you enter so you will know instantly when you get there

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Anyone else keep solving the secret file puzzles first for all the rooms? I always end up going "Wait, but that was the obvious one! So now what am I supposed to do?"

Sometimes the secret file puzzles are actually way easier than the one you're required to solve (the archives one is a good example of this).

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Anyone else keep solving the secret file puzzles first for all the rooms? I always end up going "Wait, but that was the obvious one! So now what am I supposed to do?"

Sometimes the secret file puzzles are actually way easier than the one you're required to solve (the archives one is a good example of this).

I've done this several times! There's no way to tell what's necessary and what's extra. It's just as well because if you enter the escape password and leave the safe they don't let you examine anything else in the room.

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

At first I thought you were suppose to get the secret file password before you got the escape one, it was when I got to B Garden and I didn't get a file password I realized that wasn't that case

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Okay, I have to ask, the file puzzle in the lounge what the gently caress?

How does the clock work, for one. I can't seem to figure out anything to do with it at all.

Dunno if you figured this out by now but I'll help you out.

File puzzle: Is actually the drink mixing puzzle in the diary. It's just a logic puzzle and is one of the situations where I think the file puzzle is much easier than the required one.

Key puzzle: You mentioned the clock - that's the first thing you have to do. Although it has words instead of numbers, it still functions like a regular clock. Try to find a time to set it to.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

So I'm in the lounge, and are you supposed to be able to read the red lettering on the wall? Because I'm colorblind and I can't to save my life.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I'm starting to piece together some pieces of the puzzle-plot...but at the moment they're just that, pieces, no idea what the overall picture is.

Clover's more of a jerk than I remember. Then again, she was fairly, er, unpredictable in 999.

I also got my first Bad End! Heh. I totally deserved that one, though.

Cake Attack posted:

So I'm in the lounge, and are you supposed to be able to read the red lettering on the wall? Because I'm colorblind and I can't to save my life.

Not initially. You do something that makes it all readable that stands out. Don't fret it yet. Most of those red letters are red herrings.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

I'm pretty sure that's not needed, only the other ones.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I really like how they give you the story in this more than 999, piecemealing you along at a much brisker pace. Although I blundered onto the path that connects to the true route my first run, so pretty much one of the biggest overarcing plot points was spelled out to me within my first few hours...A bit of a bummer, but I'm not too mad.

e: whoops, double post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Alright, yeah, I figured something out. Thanks folks.

• Locked thread