Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

.....loving aluminum. Dammit, it was in the first set of rooms!

Almost done with this. I've stayed up too late already, though @_@ Luna needs to finish talking and then I can go disarm some bombs.

^ Reading the last several posts, uh, are we still spoiler tagging stuff for this? Whoops.

e2: Holy gently caress am I glad I didn't play this years ago and have to wait for ZTD. I guess this thread is dead, but I don't want to risk spoilers in the ZTD thread :v:

Telum fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jul 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Yeah, she's the best and I needed an umbrella to keep the rain off of my face for that scene :v

Also, all we need to take the bracelets off was loving aluminum foil, which was in the Crew Quarters THE WHOLE TIME. :argh:

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Insertnamehere31 posted:

So I ended up biting the bullet and going to the wiki anyway to get some more details. I only got broad strokes on the overall plot and endings though and didn't go to any of the character pages, so there are still a couple things that I don't really know or understand.

1: Is Alice's backstory relevant at all other than that she's a spy who knows about the Myrmidons? Whatever happened to her father?
2: Is Brother's identity ever revealed (in VLR)?
3: Does Junpei/Tenmyouji know that Akane was running/involved in the whole thing? And why would he think that Alice is "All-Ice" if he was in the car when they picked her up at the end of 999?
4: How did Sigma (and everyone else not frozen) survive so long if they had Radical-6? Has Sigma had radical-6 since the outbreak and it only now just now started to feel the effects 40+ years later? He can't be immune, because you see its effects in (at least) the Clover Ending and the scene in the security room.
5: Does Old Lady Akane have her younger consciousness like Sigma does? If so, how does she know what's going on while Sigma doesn't? And how did younger Sigma get wrapped up in all of this anyway?

1: IIRC, Clover went to work for Free The Soul as a double agent, but she got caught. Alice and her organization went in to rescue Clover, she was fine, but they found Alice's dad's corpse there (he had been kidnapped previously and forced to work for them); before dying he had carved... The coordinates of the Myrmidon's main base, I think? Into his skin. Alice, Clover, and their group were going to raid it and stop their nefarious plans, but that's when they got kidnapped and placed into cryo.
2: Nope.
3: He doesn't know until the ending where Akane is alive and explains everything. I'd guess the All-Ice stuff was more him trying to determine whether she was who he thought she was? Not sure.
4: Sigma went to the moon before getting infected. Junpei or Akane, I dunno. Quark I think wasn't born until after everything settled down already, I think, and probably just never left the safe area he seemed to grow up in? Dio was part of the Myrmidons, who planned the whole thing, so it'd be easy for them to stay safe in bunkers or whatnot. K(yle) is a clone of Sigma's, and was made on the moon after Sigma escaped to the moon base. Phi, Alice, and Clover were in cryo. Luna was a robot. I think I remembered everyone :v:
5: I don't think Akane had any personal time shenanigans, no. Young!Sigma got wrapped up in it by, well... Oh goodness. So this is a stable(-ish) time loop. The same consciousness from two points in time can swap bodies. In the future, old!Sigma wants to go back in time to stop radical-6 from happening, using his post-outbreak knowledge. He swaps places with young!Sigma, after young!Sigma's "abduction." When old!Sigma came from is right before the Nonary Game, so that's where young!Sigma switches to. Then VLR happens. At the end of VLR, young!Sigma switches places with after-ZTD-old!Sigma, then goes to the moon and spends 45 years setting up the Nonary Game.

.....I think.

• Locked thread