Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

BGrifter posted:

Mind cut and pasting the Facebook ones? Don't have a Facebook account.
Twitter:

360: CJCT3-K3C9K-XSRTF-WFTTJ-JW35J
PS3: CBW33-XSB53-JCK53-HJCTB-9XC66

Facebook:

360: 535TB-FK5S5-6Z6JR-KFJ3B-R6RSC
PS3: CTWBB-XHX35-5FJT3-JJ33T-KSTBB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Mind cut and pasting the Facebook ones? Don't have a Facebook account.

FB Codes
PC SHiFT Code: WTC33-SBCCT-35CCJ-ZBW3T-CJX66
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: 535TB-FK5S5-6Z6JR-KFJ3B-R6RSC
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CTWBB-XHX35-5FJT3-JJ33T-KSTBB

Twitter Codes
PC: WTKJJ-566JC-WXJT3-BTJT3-6BTBH
Xbox 360: CJCT3-K3C9K-XSRTF-WFTTJ-JW35J
PlayStation 3: CBW33-XSB53-JCK53-HJCTB-9XC66

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

gibbed posted:

Twitter:

Facebook:

Thanks a bunch.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Feeble posted:

Codes are out:
http://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware
http://www.facebook.com/borderlandsgame
AND GUESS WHAT!? EACH SITE HAS DIFFERENT CODES! MEANING YOU GET TWICE AS MANY KEYS IF YOU ENTER BOTH!

I entered the twitter 360 code and got my key, but it wont accept the facebook key. "cannot be redeemed". Has anyone else actually been able to double up?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I entered the twitter 360 code and got my key, but it wont accept the facebook key. "cannot be redeemed". Has anyone else actually been able to double up?

Just did on the PS3. I don't think these ones were limited use were they?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Tried again and it worked. Maybe just a bug from the volume they're getting.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

gibbed posted:

Twitter:

Facebook:

Thanks. I always find it a huge help when people post this stuff in-thread.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Feeble posted:

Codes are out:
http://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware
http://www.facebook.com/borderlandsgame
AND GUESS WHAT!? EACH SITE HAS DIFFERENT CODES! MEANING YOU GET TWICE AS MANY KEYS IF YOU ENTER BOTH!

Holy poo poo, he's right. It's raining purps today, lads.

e: using both codes worked fine for me as of about 30 seconds before this post.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Both codes still good on 360 as of this post too.

Many thanks for getting them posted here, good goons.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Shiiiit on my way home! Puuuurps

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Play through number two complete. That end fight sure is a hell of a lot more intense in TVHM than the first time overlevelled with a 31 Bee.

Speaking of which, Bee farming time!

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Marogareh posted:

It was posted a few pages ago but here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gcMGXaLWXQ&feature=related

It's a bit finicky but once you get it you can do it all the time.
I found an easier spot to use as a reference point once you reach the hard part. I pretty much just recorded this so it's kind of messy, but I'll try to explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv9Fx7wQ62I

Once you reach the invisible walls, turn to your right and on the wall you can see four blocks in a diamond. On the upper most block, there's a line splitting the light and darker side of the block. Aim there, hold back and jump. Eventually you'll hit that sweet bounce jump (Around 1:48 in the video, you'll know it when you see it). Let go of the analog stick and keep jumping until you don't get any higher.

Like Marogareh said, it can be extremely fiddly. Sometimes I'll get it on my first jump, others it will take a few minutes. The rest is fairly straight forward though, just be careful not to clip into the wrong rock as you can get stuck.

In a few runs tonight I found a scoped Maggie, a WTF shield, a nice purple cooldown relic and a few purple class mods. Nothing else has popped out at me, but I'm sure a full party would mean better drops in there.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I worked 11 and a half hours day without a lunch, and it's all good after listening to Mr. Torgue. Hopefully I'll be on later to get Gaige to level 50 and can experience the Bee, Maggie, and a Sheriff's Badge

PSN: DrSmasher if anyone wants to join me killing things, or wants help killing things

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Just want to let people know that the 360 codes are still working.

e: And my first key use is two class mods. :sigh:

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 27, 2012

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

Just want to let people know that the 360 codes are still working.

e: And my first key use is two class mods. :sigh:

The codes are valid until 10 Eastern time

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm adding "Wee Jet Loaders that are 4 levels above me and NEVER loving LAND" to my list of unreasonably annoying enemies. I can't really do anything in the area until I kill it since it can kill me if like 2 of its rockets make contact, but it's also flying so high above me I really don't have a chance to do anything to it. :argh:

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm adding "Wee Jet Loaders that are 4 levels above me and NEVER loving LAND" to my list of unreasonably annoying enemies. I can't really do anything in the area until I kill it since it can kill me if like 2 of its rockets make contact, but it's also flying so high above me I really don't have a chance to do anything to it. :argh:

Alternately you could simply spawn Deathtrap and let him murder the poo poo out of it with his hitscan laserbeam.... wait, you mean you're playing someone other than the best character?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Zikan posted:

The second playthough goes about 25-30 levels higher then the quests in the first playthrough but it doesn't scale so if you have a completionist mindset like I do you will be overleveled at points.
This is explained somewhat unclearly. The main story will scale to your level at time of mission acceptance in playthrough 2. It will not scale with you on the fly. Any time you start to feel overleveled and underchallenged, you should beat the current story mission and accept the next. Enemy levels in quest related areas will then "center" on your current story quest level, basically having a chance to be 1 - 2 levels higher or lower than yourself (higher being the much rarer option). Loot will generally cap out at your quest level, but occasionally you will find some that's one level higher than yourself. Note that enemies in old places will not scale until after you beat PT2.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

Every flying enemy in this game is loving terrible.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

abaddonis posted:

Every flying enemy in this game is loving terrible.

FEAR THE SKIES!

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
AIR SUPERIORITY!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm adding Jimmy Jenkins to that list because I've never had that rear end in a top hat appear ever.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
It really is hilarious how trivial Deathtrap makes anything that flies.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I've got a Royal (slag) Deliverance but it was too low level to really do too much :argh:

I left. I'm off to kill something that has the courtesy to not jet around like an rear end in a top hat half a mile in the air. Why can't you be more like the WAR Loader? He's a cool guy.

Kimoosabi X
Nov 8, 2006

Anyone on PS3 get stuttering in Sanctuary every so often? Usually when I'm first loading in, when the game is autosaving and textures are loading. It'll hitch for a second or too, including the sound, then resume as normal. I just hope this isnt a sign of the autosave freezing approaching.. I thought they were supposed to have fixed that. It only seems to happen in Sanctuary for me.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Yup, just chillin, eatin some Cinnamon Toast Crunch and browsing the web while Deathtrap murders infinitely spawning rakks. Leveling up is so easy.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The Rokstar posted:

It really is hilarious how trivial Phaselock makes anything that flies.

Fixed for my experience :v:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Huh, neat. Unlocked challenges fill themselves up retroactively. I grinded up the Challenge for killing 200 creatures with rocket splash damage, and the one that opens up for direct-attack rocket kills got unlocked, and moved itself all the way up to Rank 3.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

New codes are up.

Facebook
PC SHiFT Code: CJ5JJ-TC55J-BKK5T-ZJCJB-BFXXX
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WT53J-Z5WZC-6Z6J6-CRTJJ-XBJHS
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: K353B-99F3K-CXJTT-3JJ3J-36KH5

Twitter
PC: KJWT3-FXFBC-5XJJB-TTB3T-6TRCH
XBox: KTWJT-6TK9W-RHFBF-WR3B3-6HT9R
PS3: K3KJT-9SBWJ-BCWKT-9BWJJ-3FRJT

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WT53J-Z5WZC-6Z6J6-CRTJJ-XBJHS
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: K353B-99F3K-CXJTT-3JJ3J-36KH5

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: KTWJT-6TK9W-RHFBF-WR3B3-6HT9R [Active for 3 Hours: http://bit.ly/TeQoua ]
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: K3KJT-9SBWJ-BCWKT-9BWJJ-3FRJT [Active for 3 Hours: http://bit.ly/TeQoua ]

EDIT: gently caress, beaten

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
So I just got my first Bee drop off Hunter level 50, a 49 plain one. It looks like the level 50 ones can spawn with the elemental immunity prefixes, is that accurate or someone modding the PC version? If so I think I'll keep farming and save the spares for alts.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

BGrifter posted:

So I just got my first Bee drop off Hunter level 50, a 49 plain one. It looks like the level 50 ones can spawn with the elemental immunity prefixes, is that accurate or someone modding the PC version? If so I think I'll keep farming and save the spares for alts.

I have a Fire Immunity Bee, though it was given to me so I can't say for sure that it isn't modded. v:shobon:v

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Arrath posted:

I have a Fire Immunity Bee, though it was given to me so I can't say for sure that it isn't modded. v:shobon:v

Got a level 50 bee with no mod, but that doesn't mean they can't spawn. Was a pretty big upgrade to the 49 so I think I'll keep farming for a little bit. Over 5k amp damage, almost 3sec recharge delay difference is pretty big.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm level 26 now and I swear I haven't found a single one of my favorite weapon: corrosive shotguns. I haven't found any in drops or in vending machines, or slot machines for that matter I've found every other kind of shotgun other than that one, and every other kind of corrosive weapon than that one. Are they not in the game or something?

edit: I just went through Where Angels Fear to Tread, which is nonstop robots, with the only corrosive weapon I had, Moxxi's Bad Touch. It's a good weapon, but I'm playing as C0unter Strike Zero which means the emphasis is on massive damage at close range with a single shot, a SMG is all wrong for that. It took forever.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 27, 2012

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm level 26 now and I swear I haven't found a single one of my favorite weapon: corrosive shotguns. I haven't found any in drops or in vending machines, or slot machines for that matter I've found every other kind of shotgun other than that one, and every other kind of corrosive weapon than that one. Are they not in the game or something?

edit: I just went through Where Angels Fear to Tread, which is nonstop robots, with the only corrosive weapon I had, Moxxi's Bad Touch. It's a good weapon, but I'm playing as C0unter Strike Zero which means the emphasis is on massive damage at close range with a single shot, a SMG is all wrong for that. It took forever.

Corrosive shotguns do exist, they're just pretty rare. You'll see them on Hyperion, Bandit, and Tediore shotguns. I haven't seen an elemental Jakobs, and Torgue is all explosions all the time, which works in its own way. I've gotten a couple of three- or four-shell caustic Hyperion shotties that would tear up buzzards really well. Bandit caustic shotguns are great due to the huge magazine.

It's also possible to roll a corrosive E-Tech shotgun, but those shoot balls of an element rather than shells and go through ammo like candy.

If you can find acid cloud or acid bouncing betty grenades, those will do the trick just fine against clumps of loaders, even on TVHM.

Alternately, use a slag gun (Maliwan SMG is easiest) and either shock or explosive damage, that'll be good against everything. Slag makes a huge difference and is crucial for beefier enemies. At level 30 when you unlock the kunai, that'll solve both your slag and corrosion problem, so you're not too far off.

40 Proof Listerine fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 27, 2012

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Kifisonfire posted:

I found an easier spot to use as a reference point once you reach the hard part. I pretty much just recorded this so it's kind of messy, but I'll try to explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv9Fx7wQ62I

Once you reach the invisible walls, turn to your right and on the wall you can see four blocks in a diamond. On the upper most block, there's a line splitting the light and darker side of the block. Aim there, hold back and jump. Eventually you'll hit that sweet bounce jump (Around 1:48 in the video, you'll know it when you see it). Let go of the analog stick and keep jumping until you don't get any higher.

Like Marogareh said, it can be extremely fiddly. Sometimes I'll get it on my first jump, others it will take a few minutes. The rest is fairly straight forward though, just be careful not to clip into the wrong rock as you can get stuck.

In a few runs tonight I found a scoped Maggie, a WTF shield, a nice purple cooldown relic and a few purple class mods. Nothing else has popped out at me, but I'm sure a full party would mean better drops in there.

All I do is fall to my death over and over as Salvador :saddowns:

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
That's kinda funny; I seem to never NOT get corrosive shotguns or Jakobs shotguns. I just want a good GOD drat TORGUE SHOTGUN MOTHERFUCKER!

Running jokes into the ground aside, yeah, there's corrosive shotguns. They usually come from Tediore or Hyperion (the Hyperions are my favorite).

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

40 Proof Listerine posted:

If you can find acid cloud or acid bouncing betty grenades, those will do the trick just fine against clumps of loaders, even on TVHM.
Yeah, I ended up relying on my bouncing betty corrosive grenades pretty heavily in that last fight, but the problem is that the robots weren't ever spawning together in groups.

On the other hand though, I have Moxxi's heartbreaker too, so my anti-flesh shotgun ninja tactics are MORE than taken care of. Moxxi should start her own weapons company.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, I ended up relying on my bouncing betty corrosive grenades pretty heavily in that last fight, but the problem is that the robots weren't ever spawning together in groups.

On the other hand though, I have Moxxi's heartbreaker too, so my anti-flesh shotgun ninja tactics are MORE than taken care of. Moxxi should start her own weapons company.

I prefer the cloud grenades since the betties can be a little finicky against single targets, personally.

Moxxi's Heartbreaker is made of awesome on both playthroughs, too. The level 44 version you get in Playthrough 2 is enough to ruin anything fleshy in a few shells, and is still great at level 50, chewing up rabid skags in seconds. On a second character you can save the quest for the level 50 version, which is even better. Marcus's relic doesn't even compare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illumination
Jan 26, 2009

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

That's kinda funny; I seem to never NOT get corrosive shotguns or Jakobs shotguns. I just want a good GOD drat TORGUE SHOTGUN MOTHERFUCKER!

Running jokes into the ground aside, yeah, there's corrosive shotguns. They usually come from Tediore or Hyperion (the Hyperions are my favorite).

Torgue shotguns are a thing of beauty dude.

• Locked thread