Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

ThermoPhysical posted:

Thanks! Are all of MS's apps on that site? Apparently they're not in the store because I went through every part of the News section (and even searched 'News') and still didn't find it.

I think they are all on the store. If you have trouble finding them you can go to the "My apps" section and there is a drop down box for apps that aren't installed on your Surface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Just think of swipe up (or down, same thing) as right clicking. Which is what brings up the same menu when using a mouse.

Butt Soup Barnes
Nov 25, 2008

Combat Pretzel posted:

How much people would even be looking at this?

I think the point is don't force it, if somebody wants to rate it they will rate it.

I'm not sure if any real research has been done, but I think it's safe to assume that being as non-intrusive as possible is the best way.

Maybe post in one of the iOS threads asking for advice, there are a ton of developers here on the forums that would have better experience with this.

• Locked thread