Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
This totally belongs here.
Exploding Animals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Groetgaffel posted:

Exploding Animals

I expected ludicrous gibs, but you know what, I think this is a better outcome.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

"When it comes to nexus modding you can never have… too many cocks"

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

In that vein, I'd like a Skyrim mod that's just a katamari made from penises and testicles.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Groetgaffel posted:

Exploding Animals

comment on the mod page posted:

How the hell did you do this? I have tried to do this for so long and i could never figure it out....

the mod author posted:

In creation kit I created a new explosion, and then set that explosion as a destructible object

I love Skyrim's engine so much.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

YellerBill posted:

I love Skyrim's engine so much.

Gamebryo is the best worst game engine.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Code in any other game engine: "If you shoot the goat with a projectile, the goat explodes"

Code in Gamebryo: "Ph'nglui goat mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh explosion wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Code in any other game engine: "If you shoot the goat with a projectile, the goat explodes"

Code in Gamebryo: "Ph'nglui goat mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh explosion wgah'nagl fhtagn"

You act like you don't want to summon eldritch terrors when you code.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
:nws::hb::nws:

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

:what:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Don't doxx me.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Looks like that modder needed to bone up on how to edit skeletons.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

A line has been crossed. No more.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I'm not gonna say it!

HUUUUUUNGH I'M NOT GONNA SAY IT

*slams the desk, crying* DRAGONBONER! DRAGONBONER! Dragonboouuuhuuhuuhuu

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I heard that if you have an erection for more than four hours, you should consider consulting a doctor.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Yes, but does the Dragonbone come?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Here be dragonboners.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Magmarashi posted:

Yes, but does the Dragonbone come?

In their tongue, he is Dovahpeen, Dragonbone!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I heard that if you have an erection for more than four hours, you should consider consulting a doctor.
The guy in the picture obviously did not.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

In their tongue, he is Dovahpeen, Dragonbone!

The fiercest foest rout
When they see triumph's spout

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

For the high fives?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

OAquinas posted:

Looks like that modder needed to bone up on how to edit skeletons.

This post is golden.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Okay, which one of you made this?
E: VVV Nah, it's not new, it's from last summer according to the upload date.

Groetgaffel fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Apr 23, 2015

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Groetgaffel posted:

Okay, which one of you made this?

Is that new? Seems like I recall it, or another version, from a while back.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

razorrozar posted:

Is that new? Seems like I recall it, or another version, from a while back.

Someone made HD Immersive Lore-Friendly Dickbutt Runes. It's Lore-Friendly because the "dick butt" was written in Daedric.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Segmentation Fault posted:

Someone made HD Immersive Lore-Friendly Dickbutt Runes. It's Lore-Friendly because the "dick butt" was written in Daedric.

Not Immersive. :colbert:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Strumpie posted:

Not Immersive. :colbert:

Yeah, I made that. I'm still irritated that the nexus staff changed the name without even sending me a PM or anything, hence the lovely scratch-out.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Agents are GO! posted:

Yeah, I made that. I'm still irritated that the nexus staff changed the name without even sending me a PM or anything, hence the lovely scratch-out.

If that happened to one of the more..entitled modders we'd be here laughing about immersivegate.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

If that happened to one of the more..entitled modders we'd be here laughing about immersivegate.

Speaking of -gate like events, this update to steam workshop centainly has potential for some drama http://steamcommunity.com/games/SteamWorkshop/announcements/detail/208632365237576574

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
So Steam just added ability to sell mods.
e:f, b

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kikas posted:

Speaking of -gate like events, this update to steam workshop centainly has potential for some drama http://steamcommunity.com/games/SteamWorkshop/announcements/detail/208632365237576574

Oh christ, have they not met modders before? This is going to go sideways from day one :cripes:.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh christ, have they not met modders before? This is going to go sideways from day one :cripes:.

Pay what you want for some graphics overhaul mod

*the dropdown goes from $2.99 to $99.99*

Settle in, this is gonna be loving hilarious.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This has to be approved by each game's owners individually right? Because I'm pretty sure charging for mods is already illegal without the consent of the original creators.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Gestalt Intellect posted:

This has to be approved by each game's owners individually right? Because I'm pretty sure charging for mods is already illegal without the consent of the original creators.
Of course. It's only enabled on Skyrim right now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kikas posted:

Disgusting

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Bethesda and Steam must have a deal i/r/t having a tipping service for mods.

The shitshow from this is going to be hilarious and I can already see the Nexus admins pissed and making GBS threads themselves over this.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
It's a shame you can't upload explicit content to Steam's workshop. I'm curious how much immersive dragon dongs would sell for on average.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Shima Honnou posted:

Pay what you want for some graphics overhaul mod

*the dropdown goes from $2.99 to $99.99*

Settle in, this is gonna be loving hilarious.

What do you think will cause the trainwreck first? People pirating the mods for free, or the playerbase going up in arms over having to pay for people's mods?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Given the current backlash I'm going to be surprised if this lasts very long at all. Some more modders might try charging money for stuff, but barely anyone's gonna buy into it, and it's gonna go south.

Also given that mods don't have DRM of any kind, the piracy rate for these is going to be sky-high.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kikas posted:

Oh god it's like loving Christmas* and we all just got unlimited fuckin drama in our stockings. This is the most loving hilariously misguided idea in the history of modding.

*Dramzaa? Whaaaanuchka?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Segmentation Fault posted:

Given the current backlash I'm going to be surprised if this lasts very long at all. Some more modders might try charging money for stuff, but barely anyone's gonna buy into it, and it's gonna go south.

Also given that mods don't have DRM of any kind, the piracy rate for these is going to be sky-high.

Even better, they have a refund policy, so you can "make sure mods work". (Though I'm sure it'll be 99% used for piracy.)

• Locked thread