Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
As a HUGE fan of Star Wars gently caress this terrible franchise, why can't it just die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

E the Shaggy posted:

I guess you could actually have the original cast in this, but should they?

Mark Hamill is the only cast member who doesn't loving hate the franchise.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

computer parts posted:

Except all the baggage where all the ships and everything look just like the OT.

The Bioware games sure. But the original Tales of the Jedi comics truly do look and feel ancient and unique.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ummm, what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLACxMXBRhM

I know this must be an edit but where the gently caress did that extra scene come from?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Darko posted:

Still wasn't as bad and pointless as the Greedo cameo scene.

That's where Anakin fights him right?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

zakharov posted:

Fandango was so not ready for this lol

It's just a low rent sci-fi movie, whose gonna want to buy advance tickets?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So I've avoided this thread like the plague because I can only imagine its been terrible between actual news. But since we're getting closer to D-Day...

I'm a huge EU fanboy and because I'm that stubborn I'll always have the OT and large chunks of the post-OT EU as my special head canon. I just ignore that the PT exists and that works out just fine since its almost entirely ignored by most post-OT EU. Basically all that matters in the years prior to the OT is what is in the opening title crawl of ANH and what Obi-Wan tells Luke. And the weirdly vague and contradicting info you find in early EU books when they had to dance around the fact that they weren't allowed to make up what happened because that was George's territory. Except the really ancient Old Republic stuff, that all kind of neat.

That being said I'm really looking forward to seeing a good Star Wars movie in a theater. I saw the Special Editions in 97 but I was only 6 at the time so I could barely appreciate them. I did enjoy the prequels in theaters but I was a dumb stupid kid at the time.

So anyway, speculation spoilers I assume Han dies in this movie because there is no way Harrison Ford agreed to be roped into doing 3 movies. He tried hard to get out of doing RoTJ back in the day.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Oct 20, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Are the Clone Wars shorts by Genndy Tartakovsky not canon? For a while those were the high point of any recent SW related stuff, and did some good fleshing out of characters like Anakin, Obi-Wan, etc.

They are not canon as per Disney's new model correct.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

kiimo posted:

Meanwhile, during explosive sounds in space, people travel lightspeed while being totally unaffected by time.

Also literal space wizards.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hazo posted:

It's half actual retards from /pol/ being "ironically" racist as a joke and the other half actual racists. Which isn't really different. It's bewildering why dumb clickbait blogs are calling it "social media movement" instead of "white supremacists" but the Internet is terrible.

It started here last night https://archive.is/QaTiT :nws:

edit:
Like, this just got posted in the right wing media thread

The fact that people aren't ashamed to post these kinds of things with their actual real life name and information is loving scary. You see it all the time on comment sections of news sites where you need to log into your facebook to post.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The twist is that Kylo Ren is Khan

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Where does the supposed leaked synopsis come from? I don't mean the website its on I mean where did they get it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Where does the supposed leaked synopsis come from? I don't mean the website its on I mean where did they get it.

Anyone know?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Actually the prequels suck and you can enjoy them if you want but shut the gently caress up about it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obviously the prequels are canon. There is no denying that fact. But they can be referenced to as little as possible so as to basically ignore them, which is what Disney seems to be doing with the movies. Or at least that is what JJ Abrams did.

I'm an EU nerd but I recognize that a large part of it was garbage. Technically The Crystal Star was on the same level of canon as anything written by Timothy Zhan. But authors specifically went out of their way in later books to ignore stupid poo poo like The Crystal Star and never reference it. So yes it was 'canon' and in the timeline but noone cared.

Speaking of which the vague pieces of information about the Clone Wars that Timothy Zhan put into his books were all infinitely more interesting and enticing than the poo poo we actually got from the prequels.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 22, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The guy who played Boba Fett had his voice dubbed over in all of the movies back in 2004 so now he has even less of a role.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

The trailer has the villain looking at Darth Vader's mask and saying a line about "finish[ing] what you started." In what movie did Darth Vader start doing his thing?

A New Hope when Obi-Wan told Luke about how Vader helped the emperor hunt down and exterminate the last of the Jedi.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I'm gonna be honest, I didn't get tickets to the opening night of the movie because I'm unironically worried that a theater is gonna get shot up somewhere.

The terrorists have won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Serotonin posted:

Wasn't he supposed to have a Boston accent originally but Lucas loved Daniels voice.

He was originally supposed to have the voice and demeanor of a 'slimy used car salesman.' But Lucas, in one of his good decisions, liked what Daniels brought.

• Locked thread