Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Dear god, Star Wars isn't a played-out franchise by now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

sassassin posted:

Manipulates the roll of the die that would have saved Shmi instead of Anakin.

Doesn't listen to the chosen one when he says Qui Gon should be freeing slaves.

Tells Obi-Wan to shut it when he has a bad feeling about this.

Isn't the idea that Watto's die is loaded?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

If you're going to get in an argument with me it would be really helpful if you didn't just swing the goalposts around to wherever you felt like. First it was "Lucas could make the Special Editions so your fantasy is dumb" and when I shot that down it's now "well copyright was really old, you see, and in places that weren't America it works like THIS." Great, thanks for the info, please try to engage with what I wrote, re: corporate control of our legislation leads to bad outcomes, one of which is that George Lucas can decide to erase the original version of a landmark film from existence despite there being absolutely no public benefit to doing so.

So let me restate again (read this very carefully): In America, until 1976, the year before Star Wars came out (not some ancient history like you seem to think) copyright law meant that George Lucas's attempt to completely erase the original version of his films from history would most likely not have worked. It would almost certainly not have worked at 28 years of copyright, not at 42 years of copyright (it would be entering the public domain in 5 years), and maybe not at 56 years of copyright (that's only 19 years until Star Wars goes into the public domain, not much farther than from the Phantom Menace to now). And we know the intent of American copyright law because those guys back in 1790 wrote a lot about their thinking behind their legislation. And that intent has been corrupted by corporations. None of this is arguable in the slightest with even a minimal amount of research. Well, thanks for reading.

What in the law pre-76 would have prevented Lucas from going out back and setting fire to the original masters apparently only he had before they dropped into public?

• Locked thread