Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

zenguitarman posted:

I always thought the original plan was to have a prequel trilogy and a sequel trilogy, were there ever any first drafts or anything of this?

Hopefully RLM has a reaction video to this.

There were first drafts of the prequels, and they ended up being filmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Murder McMurderson posted:

It would have been nice if some of this had stayed in the movie. One of the clumsiest moments of Episode III is when Yoda tells Obi-Wan how to communicate with the dead completely out of the blue.

It really couldn't have been more obvious that Lucas wanted Qui-Gon to return in some way, and Neeson said no.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Are there any inside accounts of working at Lucasfilm? It's something I've been morbidly curious about for years.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Don't forget about the three times that the Emperor came back from the dead!

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

feedmyleg posted:

I was about to refute you once again by going to Wookieepedia and finding something on the "Wraith Squadron" page that sounded especially stupid (aside from, you know, the name), but after two paragraphs of absolutely unintelligible nonsense I decided to check the word count of the article. 53,354 words were written to describe something called Wraith Squadron. I can't win. Because we've already all lost.

Meanwhile, George Lucas' ex-wife, who pretty much saved the original Star Wars through editing, gets just two short paragraphs.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Marcia_Lucas

quote:

Marcia Lucas (née Griffin) is an American film editor. She met George Lucas when Verna Fields hired her to work as an assistant editor to George while editing US Information Agency documentaries, and they were married between 1969 and 1983. They adopted one daughter, Amanda, who was born in 1981.

Marcia was a co-editor on A New Hope and Return of the Jedi (with some uncredited work on The Empire Strikes Back as well). She won an Academy Award for her work on A New Hope, which was shared with Paul Hirsch and Richard Chew.

That's the entire drat thing.

I've thought about starting a thread in PYF about horrible stuff on wikis, but I think it might be a little too close to the now-deleted mock thread for comfort.

The Monkey Man fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 26, 2013

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I always figured that the Stormtroopers just have terrible cases of stage fright and can't hit anything when they're being filmed.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I know I've mentioned this in this thread before, but the article on Marcia Lucas has less than 100 words.

Nice to see that the Wookieepedia editors have their priorities straight.

EDIT: And it's not like there isn't plenty of information about her out there:

http://secrethistoryofstarwars.com/marcialucas.html

The Monkey Man fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 18, 2013

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Is that picture official art?

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Darko posted:

It's too bad that Lucas' then wife edited all this subversive intent out of A New Hope and turned it into an enjoyable film on all levels as opposed to the Battle of the Whills that mocked the assumption of enjoying pulp fantasy.

Was she really that important? I mean, this is her entire article at Wookieepedia:

quote:

Marcia Lucas (née Griffin) is an American film editor. She met George Lucas when Verna Fields hired her to work as an assistant editor to George while editing US Information Agency documentaries, and they were married between 1969 and 1983. They adopted one daughter, Amanda, who was born in 1981.

Marcia was a co-editor on A New Hope and Return of the Jedi (with some uncredited work on The Empire Strikes Back as well). She won an Academy Award for her work on A New Hope, which was shared with Paul Hirsch and Richard Chew.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Maxwell Lord posted:

That's cool. Old concept art often has a way of popping back up in these movies.

Did the prequels use any of McQuarrie's old designs?

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Yoda may have been intended to be an ancient human at one point in development, but he clearly isn't by the final version of ESB- he only has three fingers on each hand.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
SMG, have you gotten around to seeing The Room yet?

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

computer parts posted:

Point to prove this: They gave Transformers 2 the "worst movie of the year" award over Land of the Lost.

They've never even nominated Sam Worthington.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Eh, I think it's fine. But then again, I really liked the Episode I teaser with Jake Lloyd having Vader's shadow and look how *that* turned out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Plus, the footage of Christensen that they used was just from a costume check for AOTC instead of something they shot specifically for the DVD. He didn't even know beforehand that it would be in the new version.

• Locked thread