Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

love how I'm reading this USAToday story:http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/10/30/disney-star-wars-lucasfilm/1669739/

and the last line is like: oh yeah btw "The latest part of the Star Wars saga, Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for a 2015 release."

WHAT THE gently caress!!!!! Needless to say I am excited. This is pretty big news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

WTF NEW STAR WARS FILM EVERY 2-3 YEARS?!??! EPISODES 8 and 9???

its becoming james bond jesus

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

oh god 3D. gently caress that poo poo.

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

Can't wait for in movie product placement aka the new Ford Landspeeder: now with advanced hovering ability!

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

Teek posted:

Was there anything said about why the company was sold? Obviously it was probably $$$, but I didn't know if they were financially unsound or if they were just getting out while the getting was good.

They just "answered" this question in the call. Apparently Lucas starting thinking about retirement from Lucasfilm 5 years ago, and decided now was the time. Not likely that there were any financial difficulties at Lucasfilm that caused it.

• Locked thread