Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If Lucas isn't directing it then it can only be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'd love a straightforward and fun adventure movie. I don't mind if it's targeted at a younger audience since they have to sell toys and merchandise, but that doesn't mean the characters have to be kids either. So yeah something like the JJ Abrams Star Trek would be ok with me.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why do you think there is any credibility?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I heartily welcome a safe choice. Just make a drat straightforward adventure that everyone can enjoy. Nothing fancy or unique like PT Anderson.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Slate Action posted:

I agree. In addition to overemphasizing Jack, Pirates 4 felt dead and cheap, like they just recycled plot elements from previous films and cut as many corners as possible. 2 and 3, while messy as hell, maintained the first film's sense of fun and grandeur.

I'd love a new Star Wars film that's at the level of the Verbinski Pirates films.

On the other hand it didn't feel as bloated as 2 and 3. I'm all for big summer action fests but I had no clue what the hell was going on in 3. I like that 4 tried to reign it in and be a simpler story.

Which was the one that started out with a child being hanged? Yikes, that was not a good way to start a fun adventure movie and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

C'baoth was like the retarded cousin of Yoda in terms of grammar

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I assumed JJ had some kind of contract with Paramount.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Someone explain why Han Solo is boxing a giant badger

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I haven't read the whole thread but have people seen Siskel and Ebert defending Star Wars? It's funny hearing the same complaints about the OT as the new ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky9-eIlHzAE

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yaws posted:

I think it's considered evil because electrocuting someone is an evil loving thing to do. It borders on torture.

And force pushing someone off a cliff?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That new Cantina song is worse than the entirety of Jar Jar

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's a great looking show considering it's a Saturday morning cartoon for children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NctMiHOHSJg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Shadows of the Empire is worth reading if you ever fantasized Princess leia getting hosed by an alien green guy.

• Locked thread