Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
They either need to tweak the "rich" infestation a bit or make it un-toggleable, because other wise it's just like toggleable vegetative cover in other multiplayer shooters: The "rich" version can obscure things from view that the minimal version does not, so people with the minimal version on have a very slight advantage. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Zaphod42 posted:

That's the nature of shooters IMHO. People will play CS or BF3 on bare min settings because the lovely low poly version with less blur is easier to see.

I don't care if having blur makes me ever so slightly worse at the game, I accept it. It makes the game more FUN. Games are about fun, not about winning. (Unless you're a Spike, I guess). If anything, I'll accept the blur as a personal handicap because I'm so awesome.

I had this argument the other day with lots of people on reddit about the color correction in Battlefield 3 and whether or not it was cheating to try to remove it, and I think its ridiculous. People taking competitive gameplay too serious :P

If we're in a tournament together, then we should all have the same settings. But playing online for funsies? No money on the line? Who cares? Oh no!

Yeah, this is pretty much my opinion, and I just leave the "rich" infestation on. One actual issue I found with it is that if cyst nodes are placed on stairs, the infestation will usually cover them up entirely, so you can't find them and kill them. You can just cut it off from the chain though, so it's not that big of an issue. :shrug:

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Drone_Fragger posted:

That would be because the skulk biting hit detection is complete trash. The only alien hit detection that seems even remotely good is the fades one.

Something I've been wondering is if they might ever add in a "glancing blow" feature to the marines' folding axe similar to the one for the skulks' bite.

It would make sense to me... :shrug:

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Looking through the Deluxe Edition's artbook, I gotta say: I'm stupidly excited about the proposed post-release maps... :holy:

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Marines using the tunnels definitely could help, but since Exos can't use them you'll still have to attack bases in the same way as before, so I don't see marines using them for much besides occasional sneaky maneuvers using two or three people to attack a harvester or something.

Wait, what? Why can't Exos use them if they are apparently large enough for an Onos?

VVVV Ah.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 19, 2013

• Locked thread