Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Am I missing a brightness slider in the video options or something? The game's all washed out and I need to turn it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Ryuga Death posted:

Is this game newbie friendly? I never played NS1 and I pre-ordered this game sometime last year apparently for no reason, so I never played its alpha, beta, or anything. Don't know why I have it, honestly.

Yes, as long as you're not the commander and you have a good commander. A good commander will give you plenty of orders to follow.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

What processor and video card do you have?

8 GB of RAM will cost you something like $30 off Amazon or Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231548

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Diogines posted:

The problem is not the cost, the problem is my motherboard does not have room for any more ram. I have a lovely motherboard.

I guarantee you you have room to replace your old sticks.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

ABC: Always Buy Welders. Coffee's for closers.

It makes me cringe when I see people shooting at cysts with an LMG, among other things that not having a welder screws you on.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Bunny hopping is stupid. I hated having to learn it and I hated having to use it. Good riddance.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

octoroon posted:

Twitch speed helps a lot in Tribes but it's not the whole game, in NS2 it pretty much is.

Yeah there's not a whole lot of times in Tribes like in NS2 where you're rapidly flipping your view around forward and backward, up and down, left and right to kill that skulk nipping at you.

NS2 would be hilarious with a gamepad, also.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

whiskas posted:

When the marine commander initiates a beacon, it will only beacon non-exo players back to base

Oh now that's just wrong.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Splicer posted:

I think the question being asked is what those plugins actually were.

Yeah, no kidding.

quote:

Voogru was the first to implement a Shared Resource Pool for the aliens, a health-giving-armoury (medarmoury), night vision, Fireworks, Signs, recycling of alien structures, manual siege, Phase Select and Chat variables. Many people mistakenly believe some of his other plug-ins included LerkLift and MvMfix, which is incorrect. Later Voogru became part of the official Natural Selection mod team, introducing features such as the inate health regeneration.

http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Natural_Selection_computer_game_-_Modifications/id/1792663#.UJRVMsXA_54

Lerklift let lerks pick up gorges and fly with them.

Vertigus fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 3, 2012

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

RadicalWall posted:

From what I remember from Aliens vs Predator, having your view constantly shifting like that is really disorienting, especially for new players. This actually seems like a really smart concession to be honest.

Yeah being a skulk would absolutely suck if your view kept shifting around like that. Earlier some guy mentioned that he couldn't walk on ceilings effectively - that's what the shift button is for.

Shadowlz posted:

Only 2 bites if they are infected with the skulk parasite I believe.

What?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Spengelbeiser posted:

Starcraft uses it, plus it's been around in NS lingo for awhile.

The other day I played with a guy who kept saying "Zerglings," "'lings," and "ultralisks."

• Locked thread