Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

voltron lion force posted:

Is this true? Checked in about a year ago and everyone was still complaining that it was a mess.

It's almost like a completely different game compared to then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Kire posted:

Are the humans all men? Or are there female space marines as well?

For now only male but they have said female marines is something they plan to add pretty soon after release.

Those having frame rate issues have you tried changing the infestation graphic option ?

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

I thought they were being a little optimistic with their big server roll out, but it seems I was way off. They're having to add even more euro servers to keep up with demand.

I was pretty impressed with them handling it, I thought for sure they were going to underestimate how many servers they needed.

Totally surprised me when I saw 30+ UWE Australian servers on release.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

DelphiAegis posted:

And I was wrong about the gorge running. He's actually skiing. Just hurls himself forwards and goes dead. Moves you fast down infected hallways for a bit of energy. Also it's kind of cute seeing the tongue stick out. :allears:

It's even better than that, he's actually sliding on his belly :3:

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

While on the topic of the Gorge, I highly recommend this mod to further increase your Gorge gameplay.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=103989734

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

wolfman101 posted:

I don't mean to be down on this game because I am having a lot of fun, but in the year of our lord 2012, there is not an excuse for not having good audio feedback for hitting something.

I'm sure it's something that's planned for post release, they have a lot of small things like this they just had to push back till after 1.0.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Where the gently caress did this calling Marines "rines" come from, I keep seeing pubbies spouting it everywhere.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

I've been kind of worried about the lack of reviews but It's probably a good thing to get the initial launch issues out of the way before they start reviewing.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

whiskas posted:

I asked Charlie why they removed it and he gave me a very vague answer of "we had a discussion and decided to remove it".

I'm positive I saw him say on a stream recently that it was coming back.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

octoroon posted:

I don't know that it's the same Eric Neigher, but apparently he has a history of writing terrible uninformed reviews and then bragging about having pissed people off.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8877080&publicUserId=5784087

I was going through some of his reviews also, he gave NBA Baller Beats a 7/10 (it sold like 5 copies).

http://www.gamespot.com/nba-baller-beats/reviews/nba-baller-beats-review-6397717/

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

:cawg: I never expected that they would actually pull the review, I just assumed they would edit it. Hopefully they don't hand the review off to a freelancer this time, which was strange of them to do in the first place as they seemed really keen on the game in their prerelease coverage.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

BULLETS CURE ISLAM posted:

A couple of questions, how do you stick yourself to a wall as a lerk? I have a feeling I missed a tutorial tip somewhere here.

Just tap shift against a wall, don't need to hold it.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Nope. It's not really that type of game, so locational damage is pretty much non-existent.

Is anybody running this game on a pair of AMD cards using crossfire? Is so, how's the performance? Does NS2 make good use of cards in crossfire mode or is it not even worth it?

No difference for me with crossfire on or off, that said though pretty sure I'm being limited by my CPU.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

AMD x4 965

(Don't buy AMD).

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

octoroon posted:

Thanks, that seems to be it. The new spectator UI is pretty nice.

That just seems to be a stream from the commanders POV.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

AgentF posted:

The real cyst-killers fly around with a jetpack and flamethrower, de-cysting huge swathes of the map and causing me to pull my alien hair out.

This sounds like it would be really loving annoying to the alien commander, totally doing this next time I see flame thrower researched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

gently caress exos, jetpacks every spawn is the best way to play.

• Locked thread