Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Release, with all of the new people, has made the game into easy mode for experienced players. My friend and I played about a dozen games and won every game where we were both on the same team, often with ridiculous scores like 65-5 without even using onos/exos. Really enjoying release, although I have a lot more fun playing aliens than marines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

quaunaut posted:

Yep, basically just fear of something so different. Once you get the practice in, Skulking becomes one of the most fun things in any game ever. Don't listen to the "skill based movement" haters- good skulks can murder teams of mediocre marines by themselves. Aliens are Gods given the ability.

I prefer and am much better at aliens but playing on a pub server with teams of 10 players or more is frustrating because it's hard finish games. No matter how much you yell at them to go for the power and use bile bombs, sometimes they just won't do what's necessary. On the other hand, those teams give me the opportunity to stat whore like crazy and rack up 3 digits of kills with 0 deaths.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Kjoery posted:

To finish games as aliens, you really have to tell your comm to save up enough for three onos eggs. Build em all at once, and yell at people until they take them all.

Of course, but you also need to convince them to target the power. 2 onos and a couple of gorges work just as well, also, with less risk.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Two gorges clogging an alien into his egg and keeping it up so that he can't get out must be the funniest thing I've done in this game.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Puistokemisti posted:

On that Mine map, if you jump into the vent to join alien team when there's too many Aliens, you just fall to the bottom. Once there, you can't get back out anymore and it's apparently beyond the 'join zone' so you can't join the alien team either once there's room. Neither F4 nor 'kill' help you there, so I guess only way out is disconnecting.

Typing j1 or j2 into console will join marines or aliens, respectively.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
I am fine with any Onos availability nerf because Onos is not only a challenge to balance, but I also find it really boring to play as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

YOURFRIEND posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2

Some aussies playing on the official stream.

e: cannot believe anyone thinks aliens are underpowered

These casters are horrible, especially the fat American guy. I'm obligated to watch because a friend is playing and I've got it on mute most of the time.

• Locked thread