Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Diogines posted:

The problem is not the cost, the problem is my motherboard does not have room for any more ram. I have a lovely motherboard.

If your motherboard is so old that the most you can fit (???) into it is 2GB and it absolutely won't accept any single stick 4GB or 8GB RAM, then your 'good' graphics card and processor aren't good and you've got bigger issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
Where was that youtube channel that had a bunch of informative videos with links at the start/end of each to each lifeform for aliens? Not in the OP and its not the unknownworlds channel either, I don't think.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
Best of 9 series? Who thought that was a good idea?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Torpor posted:

It's a common tournament format for these types of games? You gotta actually make good TV out of the thing.

Watching other types of FPS games, they primarily run 20 to 40 minutes total. When NS2 games run anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes apiece, an hour and a half up to 3 hours is a long-rear end time for one set of games all in a row.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
On the receiving end, I prefer armor 1 then phase gates then whatever is useful based on how the team is playing.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
commanders have a yellow name when they talk.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

RadicalWall posted:

So here's the downside to modding.

Is there a whitelist or anything? Any way to filter out servers that allow that kind of thing, or is that what the modded server tag is all about?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

MorsAnima posted:

People don't chase retreating Onos'. It's so stupid. They can't figure out that an Onos retreats when he's weak, so get a drat jetpack and go kill it. Zzzzzzz. That being said, I primarily play aliens, so to everyone reading this - don't get jetpacks and don't chase Onos', that's bad for your health.

Most onos I play against retreat at about 2/3 health and wait around a corner and kill more people who chase down the 'retreating' onos than he would if he stayed in the base. Please take corners widle when chasing down onos.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
Had a comm try to use robotics factories in place of armories for bloacking hallways. "Guys but they have like 3000 more armor"

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

RadicalWall posted:

Was there a camo buff? Please elaborate.

The fat caster (can't remember his name) from the friday night show match, with charlie confirming in chat, said that camo was bugged in its previous state and that now camo is working the way they meant it to from the start. Buffed in the process, but not such a deliberate thing like the regen change.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Garfu posted:

In competitive play we use a lerk and a gorge to hold 4-5 marines outside a hive room with spikes. While the marines tunnel vision trying to get into the hive, the rest of the team can run around and kill RTs.

I've been watching some scrims from nxzls POV and it seems like they like to drop a lerk egg early on. Is that a common thing for other comp teams or is that mostly relying on the one guy (gliss) being better at lerk than most people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Brother Scrotum posted:

Never seen it outside of this thread.

There are at least 3 skin replacers in the games hub, one of which was like the top/only thing that was featured (at least for me) for almost 3 weeks.

See here. I can't find the bright red one that was up for a while, nor the hello kitty bright pink recolor atm either, but both were widely available and semi popular.

• Locked thread