Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

And just finished:

Butterfly of the Decadent Garden

Echo Cian fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Whoa! Lethally radical.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
:swoon: This is just The Best.

Seriously, bravo.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
A friend has been going through the thread slowly and noting down his reactions. Given how into it he is, I believe he will keep going past page 3. I'll note his reactions as I get them in the google doc below.

Min's Reactions, currently complete through page 5!

vdate fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 17, 2015

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

Eightfold

what is it with the purple and red in this game

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
They are draculas.

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

SHARKBOAT

AWAY!

(Not pictured: Sharks, a boat)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Purple and red are the colors of bruised and dying flesh, why would you NOT use them?

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Back by virtue of me having a few minutes to kill between attempts at learning R, it's...the Drac-u-gram, v. 0.72.1!

Now also featuring the Deathlord sub-diagram!

Also, Min has updated his reactions up through page 6. The real Dracs starts here.

vdate fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 31, 2015

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Hey guys, gonna be out for a week so if I'm the laggard on a post I give Thes permission to kill my PC tragically assume they got out and the animators were tired of drawing Tangerine's head.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's been straight up two months since the last GM post. Thes, do you really want to keep the game going on because it has lost any momentum it had.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

It's been straight up two months since the last GM post. Thes, do you really want to keep the game going on because it has lost any momentum it had.

Allow me to answer that with a DRACULUPDATE!!! (and my deepest apologies, oh god I'm so sorry, never again)

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
MadcapViking, I'd like to add to events on deck - in part I wanna check that Blood is still Blood. I assume life's kept you a bit busy to check into the IRC, which is fine, but this'll probably need your input. You want to set some time to do this or just do it via Wyrkspace telephone (leaving 'pass' in the doc when done and just doing it back and forth over the course of some days)?

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
I think Wyrkspace telephone is probably the most reliable way to get it done, honestly.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Understood. I'll get it started, then.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
You're up, MadcapViking.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Attention assorted draculas and draculadies: (mostly MadcapViking, MiltonSlavemasta, Nessus) we are go again. Report to thread to go poke the newfound shenanigans, please.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
Out of town for a Thing for the next couple of days; should have something up on Friday afternoon/evening.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Good to hear from you again! Hope things are going better.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
Super busy with 2 jobs these days, but I am back and I have PLANS

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Ceaseless XP spending. 293 total - 214 spent previously = 79 xp budget

8 xp - Occult 4
8 xp - Lore 4
4 xp - Athletics 2
4 xp - Awareness 2
4 xp - Dodge 2
4 xp - Socialize 2

8 xp - Eye of the Tempest
8 xp - Fluttering Moth Technique
8 xp - High Caliber Creation
8 xp - Ox-Body Technique (2nd purchase)
8 xp - Elegy for the Fallen

3 xp - Contacts 1 (Supervisor of Lover's shipyard; Underworld shipbuilding industry)

Bouquet fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 30, 2015

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Mercy's XP spending - a work in progess - 293 XP +24 excellency rebate XP = 317 total - 233 previously spent = 84 XP to spend

4 XP: Meditation on the Heart
4 XP: Path of the Arbiter Form
8 XP: Soul-Flaying Gaze
8 XP: Ox-Body Technique (1x-1, 2x-2)
12 XP: Dodge 3->5
9 XP: Mentor 3(Xu)
8 XP: Flame-Flicker Stance
8 XP: Injury-Absorbing Discipline
8 XP: Sharpening the Shadow's Teeth (Custom, see link)
8 XP: Molding the Shadow's Form (As above)

77xp spent, 7 left to spend.

vdate fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 20, 2016

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Butterfly's XP
6 XP: Athletics to 3
6 XP: Presence to 3
4 XP: Awareness to 3
10XP: Athletics: Spider Pounce Technique
10XP: Presence: Heartless Fiend Insinuation
10XP: Awareness: "Tea Drinking Prana" Superior Smell/Taste Focus
8XP: Dark Juggernaut: Path-Clearing Thrust
8XP: Dark Juggernaut: Shield-Sundering Leap
8XP: Sorcerous Working: Literal Obsidian Butterflies (Terrestrial Ambition 3, Threshold 20, Finesse 3, Means 8) - GM approved for 3e rules
0XP: Finally making the sword and armor I bought a while back

3 XP banked.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Before Buying stuff.
Jackal’s Total XP: 296+32 from Refunds to 328
Spent XP: 246.

3 XP: Buying Integrity.
10 XP: Integrity to 3.
9 XP: Presence to 5
9 XP: Performance to 5
7 XP: Awareness to 4.
8 XP: Honey Tongued Serpent Attack
8 XP: Heart Stomping Mien
8 XP: Killing Words Technique
8 XP: Hungry Darkness Prana
8 XP: Foe-Shaming Defense

New Spent XP: 324
Total XP: 328

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
see new post for full post-skullstone damnation update - will incorporate into charsheet soon

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Apr 21, 2016

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Never Goes Shopping! 71 xp to spend as of now, according to Thes.

0: 1 Liege dot with Lover (gift!)
8: Panoptic Fusion Discipline (Redesigned)
8: Flawless Archer Discipline
8: Unseen Wisp Method
12: Investigation 3->5
8: Deception Piercing Stare
8: Spider in Society’s Web
8: Unholy Unwitting Pact
4: Conviction 4->5

64 spent, @7 banked

Never's sheet has been completely re-"vamp"ed (ho ho ho) and is now up to date. It really, really wasn't before.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

45 XP to spend! Unless I got my math wrong. :shobon:

BUREAUCRACY CHARMS! Accursed Overlord Authority, Cunning Subversion Style: 16 XP

PRESENCE CHARM! Inescapable Massacre Technique: 8 XP

ARCHERY CHARMS! Pulse of the Prey, Piercing Ghost Barb: 16 XP (I am also declaring Eightfold's Splinter of the Void 'move' was "Imposition of Agony.")

PRESENCE SPECIALITY! "Public Speaking." (3 XP)

carrying those 2 stray XPs forward.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
Onyx's Total XP: 293 + 16 = 309
Onyx's Remaining XP: 309 - 157 = 152 XP holy good goddamn.

CHARMS - 102 XP

Martial Arts - 8 XP
08 XP: Ravening Mouth of MA

Athletics - 16 XP
08 XP: Mist Over Ice
08 XP: Shadow Races the Light

Dodge - 40 XP
08 XP: Flitting Shadow Form
08 XP: Foe-Shaming Defense
08 XP: Uncanny Impulse Evasion
08 XP: Flickering Wisp Technique
08 XP: Untouchable Phantom Mien

Investigation - 8 XP
08 XP: Soul-Invading Glance

Resistance - 30 XP
10 XP: Spirit-Hardened Frame
10 XP: Injury Absorbing Discipline
10 XP: Ox-Body Technique

ABILITIES - 09 XP

09 XP: Resistance 0 -> Resistance 3

ATTRIBUTES - 30 XP

06 XP: STA 2 -> 3
12 XP: WIT 4 -> 5
03 XP: MAN 1->2
09 XP: INT 3 -> 4

SPENT: 141 XP

Edit: Banking 11 XP. Thes: Check PMs, please

MadcapViking fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 3, 2015

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
It's time for another wordcount graph! This one's current as of today, of course:

And here are some stupid stats to go with it:

Total wordcount after 'correcting' for names, avatar text, etc: 572 482 words. That's 2.778 Moby Dicks, 1.257 Lords of the Rings, and 0.974 Wars and Peace. Note that this number does not correct for game-mechanic text, so it's likely a few thousand words higher than it oughta be by this point.

vdate fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 20, 2016

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

vdate made me do it:

Edges need improvement, suggest better :words: and/or font if you have any ideas.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
So I did a thing.

And everyone else

Get the X-COM 2 Character Pool file here!

Go to C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\My Documents\my games\XCOM2\XComGame\CharacterPool\Importable
Then on the main menu, go to Character Pool, Import, and select Draculas.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Paging all absent or very busy players - MadcapViking, Nessus, Loon, MiltonSlavemasta - we're trying to get ready for actually starting the party, which is going to be a pretty big deal. We'd like you to post on what your characters are gonna be up to in preparation, even if it's only how you secure an invite! MadcapViking, please get back to that combopost with Plutonis.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Sheet is audited to be 100% accurate on XP expenditures from character creation onwards, all 324 XP spent! Notable purchases include some Etiquette, the Tiger Warrior Mirror, and lots of mote stuff.

Artifact Changes: The new artifact here is an edit of Abyssal Celestial Battle Armor that was discussed at least over a year ago, probably even older, trading overcomplicated and potentially OP (if you can decipher how they work) dexterity draining, mote draining, and invisibility fields for FANCINESS/SCARINESS, defense against directed energy attacks, and STR boost on par with the dragon armor. It's strong, but it shouldn't break anything and doesn't change combat dicepools (though it remains one of the only sources of lifedrain/combat regen for Abyssals.) It's not quite as cool as the power armor/warstrider rewrite I started, but that was quite complicated and better fits games where the gundams are supporting characters in their own right; I think Abyssals has enough characters that it's not totally appropriate to adopt a whole new Gundam/Power Armor ruleset.

Manse 2->3 Jewel of the Celestial Mandarin is gone, Crystal of Legendary Leadership is now paid for via Manse 3. It powers the Blood Dragon Armor when active, so it usually doesn’t grant any bonuses.

Liege 5 is used to get BLOOD DRAGON ARMOR from Mask of Winters, the old Liege requisition is paid for via Manse now.

Superheavy Plate traded in for Belt of Aerial Mobility, from WOTL. For 3 motes/scene you can move your normal rates in 3 directions. No more having to be carried. This could arguably instead be a function of the armor, but that wasn't agreed upon, so

Blood Dragon Armor

Warstriders were too conspicuous for most of the work of The Mask of Winters’ Deathknights in the Age of Sorrows, and Lookshy’s Dragon Armor proved most interesting to one of the greatest artificers of this age or any other. As a consequence, The Mask’s most loyal Deathknights have received an astounding gift, beautiful improvement to some, sick parody to others. A reference to the number of Dragons killed wearing its predecessor, this is the Blood Dragon Armor, an intricate Soulsteel caraprace that integrates directly with the dead flesh and black soul of the wearer.

The higher quality of the Craftsmanship entails that it does not require periodic maintenance. Each suit of Blood Dragon Armor requires a commitment of 10 motes of Essence and a level-3+ hearthstone to power the armor’s various enchantments. This hearthstone provides no other benefit. The armor has three hearthstone sockets, and the wearer can select which one is rendered inactive by powering the armor as a diceless miscellaneous action. The Soulsteel magical material bonus is already accounted for, and they are obviously only made for Abyssal Exalted, though what might happen if another of the Exalted Host or a powerful ghost wore one is uncertain. When worn, wearers gain the following benefits:

Air Reservoir: +2 bonus to Resistance against poison or all forms of disease. One-hour supply of fresh air.

Piercing Eyes of the Void: The wearer gains a +2 bonus to Awareness rolls. The wearer can reflexively activate Essence sight for three motes per scene, which also automatically pierces any dragon armor cloaking device. In addition, the lenses that provide Essence sight for this armor are coated with thin films made from a bizarre alloy of black jade and soulsteel. As a result, when the character activates the armor’s Essence sight, she can also see unmanifested spirits, ghosts, living beings and enchanted objects (including walking dead and automatons) as glowing presences. In addition, the wearer can see the Essence-flows of demesnes and manses at the range of her normal vision and can easily (Lore/Occult+Int, difficulty 2) tell the power of these locations and if their Essence flows have been properly capped.

Rigor of Flesh Augmentation: +4 dots to Strength for feats of strength, calculating jump distance and inflicting damage with attacks.

Quickness of Death: Doubled movement rate. The ST is encouraged to limit the interaction with movement charms to prevent ridiculousness.

Adaptive Finery Method: While the Dragon Armor of the Terrestrials is made of rigid jade plates, the soulsteel in Void Dragon Armor flows like a bizarre liquid, finding the form most appropriate to the occasion. It provides a +2 on socialize rolls to attempt to blend in and look like an appropriate suave personage OR +2 on perform/presence rolls to appear intimidating, with swapping between the two being a miscellaneous (and very OBVIOUS) action.

Reinforced Gauntlets/Boots: As weapons, the gauntlets and boots can parry lethal attacks without a stunt.

Blood-Stealing Thirst: Anytime the wearer strikes a blow in melee combat that inflicts one or more levels of damage to an Essence-using character, the wearer automatically heals one level of lethal or bashing damage (wearer’s choice). The target of the attack takes no additional damage, but he can feel the wearer draining the life out of her. This feature cannot heal aggravated damage.

Oblivion’s Hunger Metabolism: When the Exalt is assaulted by an attack of Raw essence, such as a Fire Terrestrial’s Anima, certain Sorcery effects, or directed essence weaponry, up to five dice of damage are removed from the attack and transformed into motes for the Abyssal.

Soak Hardness Mobility Fatigue Attune
+17L/22B 11L/11B -0 1 10

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 21, 2016

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Butterfly: Sing me the song, Damnation-
Damnation: (shakes head)
Butterfly: -it’s the only thing that’ll make me feel better.
Damnation: (exasperatedly): If I sing you the song, will you shut up?
(Butterfly crosses her heart.)
Damnation (without inflection): waybackindaysofoldtherewasalegendtold-
Butterfly: Oh, do it for real!
Damnation: About a pirate known as Butterfly!

(see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlZIeCjIL40 , spoilers for Galavant season 1)

Mercy: Sorry to interrupt, it's a very catchy tune and all that---
Layna: Yeah, it's a real earworm.
Nuria: Yeah, totally gets stuck in your head.
Mercy: But there's only so many times you can hear it. I don't know if you noticed, but we tormented some pirates yesterday. Middle of the street, just sent them right off.

Butterfly: So what are you saying?
Mercy: What I'm saying is...

Mercy: We're gonna have to kill ya if you sing the freakin' song
Damnation: What?
Mercy: It didn't gold the thread, now it's time to move along
Butterfly: But-
Mercy: Enemies are coming
Blood: Hell it's deebs
Spark: And even sharks
Mercy: Now it's back with this year's least expected big plot arc!

Butterfly: You mean?
Zombies: Arrgh!

It's a new plot arc for Abyssals and pals
Nuria: It's a new plot arc and it's gonna be scorchin'
Layna: Off on new sprees and new exotic locales
Mercy: With some new art who'll cost us all a fortune

Damnation: I'll go reclaim my ship I once had to forego
Butterfly: I'll suffer through the hassle then go become daimyo!
It's a new plot arc, so we won't be reprisin' that tune

Butterfly: Way back in days of old
There was a legend told
duh duh duh duh duh duh duh Butterfly
NOOOO!

It's a plot arc in the Envoy as well
Wyrm: A new plot and it's totally bitchin'
Tangerine: We've got new cake in our new stomachs
Violet: Do tell!
And new spices for our new cutting edge kitchen!

Eightfold: We'll stay here with the Knights 'till we get back on the plot
Wyrm: Yes, the traitor flew away, still, it's the only lead we got
It's a new plot arc
Bolt: And my Never, why she's in her room

Never: I've tried so desperately to find my memories
Tried, yes, I've tried, dear lords, I've tried
Though as an amnesiac I don't quite need them
Where are you Nikanor?
We'll find you Nikanor!
When will our plot lines re-collide!

Watcher: It's a new plot arc for our dear Revelation
Ceaseless: A new plot arc here on sunny Halcyon
Watcher: With new weapons to destroy every nation
Ceaseless: And new tools for the shark automatons

Jackal: I'm putting every qualm aside to seize the maiden's hands
Onyx: I'll commit some homicide and hide behind the fans

Tzorik: And this plot arc maybe I'll get to squeeze in some--
Blood: So in the weeks to come ignore the elections that they'll hold
Hearld: Skip the e-sport matches
Spark: and the arguments of old
Layna: Screw all those animes
Nuria: and put down your headset
Give into the miracle that no one thought we'd last!

It's!
A!
Butterfly: New plot arc, and yes it will be long
Wyrm: A new plot arc with some slightly new wrongdoers
Watcher: There's still no reason why we burst into song
Butterfly: You'll know Hell's freezing if we get some new viewers

Watcher: Join the captain
Ceaseless: And the poet
Eightfold: And the merchant
Damnation: And the proud
Relic: The sword
Wyrm: The gun
Mercy: The eye
Jackal: And the one who's always loud

Butterfly: And the whole plot arc ends with fleets from the Realm, Skullstone, and Siakal's spawn
in one ginormous battle to decide who's gonna be the true pirate to rule the entire...
Onyx: Way to blow it, you brat.

Watcher: It's a new plot arc so let's set for the shore
Wyrm: A new plot arc which we'll probably ignore
Butterfly: A new plot arc so get comfortable please and let's go!

Mercy: See, now that was a number.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 28, 2016

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Wait's over. oldmidgetwillow, MiltonSlavemasta, MadcapViking, Nessus, :getin:. Party's started. Also, as Thes put it:

[14:48] <~Thesaurasaurus> I want the party concluded by September
[14:48] <~Thesaurasaurus> and the scene to be at the Green Isle no later than October
[14:48] <~Thesaurasaurus> this will mean less comboing, more rapid back-and-forth posting
[14:49] <~Thesaurasaurus> like we had at the very beginning of the thread

So, uh, if you've got an action and it doesn't actually need anybody else, just write up your intention/approach, roll the dice (consulting Thes for dicepool if necessary), and post away!

vdate fucked around with this message at 11:45 on May 31, 2016

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
Plutonis, Milton:

Fair warning - I'm going to be posting the Abstract Art of Seduction JP in the placeholder first thing tomorrow morning. Anything you want in there needs to be in the Wyrkdoc before the opening of business, Eastern time.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Paging MadcapViking: Thanks to the spite of Orokos, Jackal may need some subtle combat related assistance. Onyx was planning on tailing him initially, so if you could pop in to chat with Thes and see what you can manage, it'd be much appreciated. Plutonis will be out of contact for the next two weeks, so you've got some time.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Nessus, TransientPeople: poo poo's going down! Specifically, we figure Dyval's making a play to eliminate his rivals and frame us for the job by distributing some lovely black jade flowerpots fulla ghosts. Eightfold would be real helpful finding the vessels or their targets in the event that they'd already been delivered, and frankly I can't think of a better time for a ridiculously distracting duel than now, so maybe Relic can do his thing too.

edit: oh, and you too, MiltonSlavemasta. Time to put strength in numbers to use.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Wow, I am delinquent on this. So, to start, Nessus: gimme Manipulation + Socialize for building contacts, Wits + Performance for conducting the necrodrama, and Charisma + Presence or Bureaucracy for Tangerine to hawk her overpriced knickknacks exotic wares. Also, your PMs are disabled for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Thesaurasaurus posted:

Wow, I am delinquent on this. So, to start, Nessus: gimme Manipulation + Socialize for building contacts, Wits + Performance for conducting the necrodrama, and Charisma + Presence or Bureaucracy for Tangerine to hawk her overpriced knickknacks exotic wares. Also, your PMs are disabled for some reason.
I'll get in IRC and do this stuff a little later tonight, gotta knock out some bullshit. Thanks for telling me. I had no idea they were?

• Locked thread