Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
welp
Nov 3, 2007

DEAR GOD
So from this OP I have learned that a) I might already own a 1-CHIP SNES and b) my SCART switch might be making it look like poo poo. Looks like I have some testing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welp
Nov 3, 2007

DEAR GOD
Got my Genesis SCART cable and now my SNES looks terrible by comparison. I'm thinking even though its serial starts with 3 (301404002 to be precise) it can't be a 1chip because of how much muddier it looks than the Genesis. Why does it even matter to me! I was happy before!

Oh, and I had no idea some SCART switches were better than others. Tried to see if my lovely one (cheap silver thing from earlier in the thread) was giving off distortion and it's definitely throwing up some faint, wavy lines. Thanks a lot, goons! Now I'll see that forever!

I need an optical mod snes mini so I can a) bypass the scart switch entirely and b) have no possible reason to complain about quality.

I hate myself.l :retrogames:

welp
Nov 3, 2007

DEAR GOD
Another vote to keep hardware discussion. It's like 80% of the thread!

welp
Nov 3, 2007

DEAR GOD

Behold my retro game station. And by retro game station I mean a bunch of random poo poo I cobbled together.

welp
Nov 3, 2007

DEAR GOD
http://www.oldspicesavestheworld.com/

8 bit advertising from Old Spice.

welp
Nov 3, 2007

DEAR GOD

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Krikzz actually is working on that. He's making both a 60-pin Famicom one and a 72-pin NES one, so you are set. Yes, they will load FDS games :woop:

Uuuugh wheeennnnnn?

welp
Nov 3, 2007

DEAR GOD

zenintrude posted:

I've confirmed that they all have original remotes, so VIDEO being displayed at the top of the screen won't be a problem.

This happened to me for a while and I thought I was the only one, haha. Picked up a $1 universal remote which solved the problem. I have the same model 'tron and it owns. Go gittit.

welp
Nov 3, 2007

DEAR GOD
Blah I really want the N8 but am thinking I should wait for the NES version since I don't have a converter. Must...resist...

welp
Nov 3, 2007

DEAR GOD

shymog posted:

Full album of the horrible-mangled inside: http://imgur.com/a/9mVY3

Ahhh Bermuda Triangle. Fond, frustrating memories.

edit: Nope. I'm thinking of Cobra Triangle. Woops.

welp
Nov 3, 2007

DEAR GOD
Is there a simple way to generate properly named save files for every rom I have on my SNES PowerPak?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welp
Nov 3, 2007

DEAR GOD

univbee posted:

If you run your ROMs through GoodSNES I can send you a ZIP of empty saves with the right names. I had this problem too and while I could semi-automate it, it was a colossal pain in the rear end.

YES! THANK YOU! You can reach me at tslout@gmail.com.

• Locked thread