Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!

ACID POLICE posted:

Oh my god so many people are signing up for GB Everdrive :psypop:

Anyone here who hoards Game Boy poo poo and has a lot of worthless games to get rid of, PM me, I need to buy a big big box of lovely GB games

I have a great big box of non-working GB Pokemon games in varying degrees of disarray (peeled/damaged labels, sharpie name marks and the like.) Of course, being Pokemon games they are all different colors, so I don't know if they're what you're looking for or not. I'd have to check but I should have about 20-30 I could spare. I'd gladly send some your way in exchange for a discount on a GB Everdrive. Let me know if I can help. (Sorry, I don't have PMs.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

I hooked my original Xbox up tonight to play Metal Wolf Chaos and my controller isn't working. Worst part is that I can't easily look up a quick way to test if it's the controller or the system (or to find the old screenshot function in the debug BIOS) because every loving result is for the Xbone. God loving dammit.

I just wanna suck on some rocket punch :saddowns:

Original Xbox controllers are poorly wired where they come out of the case, to the point where wrapping the cord up around the controller (like any sane person would) when you aren't using it can eventually cause them to stop working altogether, due to the pressure on the wiring. If you're unsure if it's the controller or the system, try the controller in ports 3-4, which are controlled by a separate board.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

I'm also waiting on an EDGB. I'm the one who sent him a huge pile of broken pokemon games to use as shells, and when it was discovered they didn't quite fit because of the battery I sent him a bunch of GBC shells.

I emailed him a month ago asking on the status of mine, as I do not require a shell from him and just needed to get the bare PCB. He told me he'd get it in the mail that coming week. I emailed him again two weeks later to check up and never heard back.

I do know that he received the EDGBs from krikkz in two batches, and it appears the first batch was sent out. Those of us in the second batch are still waiting.

Hopefully he's just been really busy, I'll try emailing him again, although the situation is looking a bit weird.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Glad to hear from you!

Please ship my EDGB at your earliest convenience! Remember I DON'T need or want a label from you, I can make my own!

Just drop that PCB in the mail and as soon as I get it I'll post proof, and hopefully sooth some of the unease felt by those here.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

I don't see why Acid would actually buy a giant pile of Everdrives if he was planning to take the money and run. He does seem to have bought them, based on the pictures (that's one of the Pokemon Crystals I sent him). He has a post on Krikkz boards in which he complains about the dimensions of the Everdrive PCB not fitting in the DMG carts. In the marketplace thread he does appear to have at least purchased shipping labels, which required spending money, as I don't know of any other way to generate a USPS tracking number. But why he'd wait wait this long to take them to the post office, which is a ten minute drive from his home based on google maps, is beyond me.

He used his real name and address when corresponding with me, so if the situation isn't resolved soon I'll be using more direct, real world ways to contact him.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

Just playing the Devils advocate here. It's cheap to buy a bunch of tracking numbers to try and delay your transactions past the 45 day PayPal dispute window. Just buy tracking numbers for .2 ounce envelopes.

That pile of ever drives? He may have a legit one or two, and the stack under is all regular games.

Yeah, but the profit margin on those memory cards was slim to begin with, if you figure that he was charging $9.50 for them and about the lowest you can pay when buying postage online with tracking is about $1.50, and most if not all seem to have been past 45 days anyway, it just makes it look weird.

Here's the relevant thread on krikkz board (he's pon):
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1478.0

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

For what it's worth, my EDGB tracking updated as well with an estimated delivery on the 20th.

Based on the date information on the receipt it appears that Acid was at the post office about 25 minutes after the permaban. The whole situation is certainly befuddling, made worse by Acid's continual claims to have already shipped items that clearly weren't. Even the most recent claim is that items were shipped "before work in the morning" when the receipt shows an acceptance time of after 5PM. But, shipped they were nonetheless. The effort it would take at this point to fake it would certainly not be worth whatever sadistic jollies a scammer could have.

On one hand I'd sad to see them permabanned, on the other hand the whole thing was so confusing and could have been handled better so many other ways. Honesty and transparency would have went a long way. I do hope that everyone gets what they paid for in the end and that the permaban is lifted somehow. I encourage anyone whose tracking info hasn't been updated or hasn't got a tracking number at all to stay in contact with Acid, as their actions at this point aren't those of a scammer and more those of someone overwhelmed with it all, and unfortunately not afraid to stretch the truth when making excuses.

Anyway, to contribute to the thread and help steer it away from all the negativity, my most recent Goodwill score:

It needed a good cleaning but otherwise seems to work great, save battery and all. It's always bizarrely fun to load up long forgotten savegames on games like this and see what people named their characters and what not. I actually played this game for the first time this year via Everdrive, and now I'm torn between keeping this for the fun of it or selling it for a small profit.

And quiet feet must buy that lot. He must buy it for SHAQ-FU!

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Crimson Harvest posted:

I just received this s-video cable and it doesn't have checkerboarding on my Gamecube. I've been trying to get a decent cable for almost a year, and this one does the job. Finally.

I bought that same cable and it works great with my SNES, better than my old "three system" s video cable.

Also, if anyone is on the fence about S video modding a Genesis, you should do it. I finished the mod on my HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS Model 1 yesterday and it is leaps and bounds ahead of composite. My attempt was a little unorthodox, rather than adding an S Video port I just wired the cable directly into the Genesis and ran it out through the hole left after I removed the RF Port. Very happy with the results, if I get a chance I'll post some comparison screens.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

While on the subject of Playstation 1, is there any benefit video wise to using original hardware over using a PS3?

I have a PS3 hooked up to a CRT using Svideo, and wondered how accurate it is compared to original hardware using the same setup. I don't have an original playstation to compare. Thanks!

EDIT: On the same note, any difference compared to PS2 slim? I heard somewhere that phats are more accurate, but only have a slim to test out.

Polly Toodle fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 16, 2014

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

I can attest to the wonders that boiling a NES connector can bring. Mine works essentially 100% of the time now, and before the procedure it was very picky.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

mikeycp posted:

Is SegaStyle a legit source? They're selling a chip that they say will work with any Saturn, a "Saturn PCB V3 (Universal).

I bought that chip from them, and it worked great with my model 1. The install is actually easiest with a model 1, just one wire for power and inserting the ribbon cables. Also, if you just want to try some games out the disk swap method is pretty easy on a model 1.

Polly Toodle fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 28, 2014

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

So today I finally found a SCPH-1001 model PS1 (the kind with separate audio video jacks) at a thrift store. I can confirm that its 240p video output definitely looks better on my CRT than the same game run on a PS3.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

I completed the Dreamcast IDE HDD mod posted here: https://fnhack.wordpress.com/ and wanted to offer my advice for anyone aspiring to do it as well.

Most importantly, while the author of that guide soldered his cable to the DC mainboard, I did that and ended up with a tangled mess of wires that would have required an extensive mod of the DC casing just to fit it back in. I ended up undoing it all and after some research, used the image of the mod done to the GD-ROM drive instead, and it worked out much better. The points are spread out in a more logical fashion, and there is plenty of room between the DC mainboard and the GD-ROM drive for the cable to fit. Also, I was able to safely close the case on the IDE ribbon without having to modify it at all. It's a bit snug in the back and not fully back together, but it doesn't impede system operation.

Also, people with a VA2 motherboard may not be able to perform the mod at all. I was going to mod my backup DC as well but everything on it is different and I haven't seen a schematic for either it or the the VA2 GD-ROM, so if you have a late model you may be SOL.

I'm powering my HDD using one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J01I1G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I found the idea of trying to run the thing off DC power a bit scary as I only have 3.5" drives, although supposedly 2.5" drives can safely run off DC power I found this setup much easier. Plus, it makes putting games on it a breeze.

Anyway, the games that work off the HDD work great. Dreamshell compatibility isn't even close to 100%, lots of games don't boot and WinCE games are completely inop. See here: http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum/thread-2145.html. But those that do have very noticeable load time improvements, and it's great to be able to play some of the harder to burn DC games like D2. Sadly, Shenmue 1 doesn't seem to work yet, I had high hopes of using this setup to mod the game a bit, swapping models and such but don't want to waste a pile of CD-Rs. But yeah, it's definitely worth the time if you have the soldering aptitude as it costs practically nothing - just a spare 40 pin IDE cable and old IDE hard drive.

Polly Toodle fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 1, 2014

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

So to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Sega 32X yesterday I performed the s-video mod on this page: http://retrotimegames.com/page12.html

The results are gorgeous. I had previously s-video modded my Genesis 1, but the s-video out of the 32X blows it away. The colors especially are very vibrant. The mod is simpler and faster to do than the Genesis one, so if anyone is on the fence about it they should definitely do it - took me about thirty minutes and cost about $1.50.

I also finally got around to s-video modding my Atari 2600, which ended up being a beast of a project. Wires everywhere but at least I can hook the darned thing up through something other than RF.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

flyboi posted:

:sigh:

I'm going to be really sad with myself once I finally get games and controllers I feel with this purchase. At least it wasn't expensive.

If you're going down the Jaguar rabbit hole do yourself a favor and buy a skunkboard from that guy on the atariage forums. I just picked up a Jag and with cart prices for even the lovely games being what they are it made more sense financially to go the flash cart route. While it is no everdrive and has some annoyances, like no saving and needing to be programmed via USB, it got me the entire terrible library for $100 and I didn't have to pay $20 to experience White Men Can't Jump.

I regret nothing. $200 for a CDI, well, that made me question my sanity...

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

There's a new guy who just had a bunch more made: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/230666-skunkboard-sillyventure-edition-how-to-buy/

He still had some as of a few weeks ago, if you change your mind on it.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

flyboi posted:

Well bad news. Got home from holiday travels and found cybermorph and tempest 2000 waiting for my jaguar. Eagerly I open palm slammed it into the Jaguar to get no audio or video :sigh:

Guess I'll have a new project with this

Does the red light at least come on? The first jag I bought was stone dead - no light. Everything I did to fix it failed. I know my way around electronics but that thing still baffles me. After a couple days I gave up and bought another that worked.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

So I slapped a video together about a demon possessed copy of Pokemon Red that I own: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TWMa39RY0o .

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen effects of data degradation on their game cartridges, or if Pokemon is a unique case. I'd imagine most games would refuse to work at all, given the amount of corruption I found in the dumped ROM.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

flyboi posted:

I wouldn't really call this bitrot unless the PCB is 100% clean and nothing looks out of place. Pokemon 1st generation is an extremely hacky set of games where it is constantly moving and rewriting memory on the fly for everything. Likely there's some bridging on the memory address pins of the ICs causing garbage data to be randomly pulled and thrown about the game. Also add in that the SRAM loading probably has invalid data in it. A lot of TAS breaking (see: jailbreaking, 1 minute credit runs, etc) are done by resetting the system at specific points during save to corrupt the data which throws items/pokemon into invalid space.

Typically what they do for the jailbreaks is corrupt the sram which gives them "full" (0-255) item/pokemon lists and then use this to swap/toss "items" around which actually is moving and rewriting the memory to trigger specific things such as jump to credits, write a "bootstrap" program that lets them take over the gameboy, etc.

While Pokemon Yellow most everything from here still applies to red http://aurellem.org/vba-clojure/html/rom.html

What happens when you start a new game on the cartridge? I highly doubt it's bit rot because for that to happen is quite rare with a PROM.

I've cleaned the hell out of the PCB, everything looks fine there. Starting a new game creates a crash at the professor oak image. It shouldn't be an SRAM issue, I actually have a Pokemon Blue that does the same thing, and it has a dead save battery. You just can't do anything with it, since it just dies at Professor Oak. Once this Red's save battery expires it'll be the same way, sadly. I do agree with you that it probably isn't actually bitrot, that was just the best theory I could come up with. It's definitely some sort of a bank issue though, as the dumped ROM was just the first 512k of the game repeated twice.

EDIT: Just saw your edit. Yeah, that makes sense - I may have to revise the video. On fixing it though, I actually kinda like it better the way it is. I may try swapping the chip out someday, which would definitely be a test of my soldering skills, but for now I think I'll let it be the weird little conversation piece it is. :)

Polly Toodle fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 5, 2015

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

I screwed up that "easy" gamecube chip install as well. Ripped off two pads and just decided to use wires instead, which was considerably easier anyway. I think that whole drop in design was awful. I also absolutely fried the PS2 Slim I tried to install a Modbo 4 into. Still don't know what went wrong but I troubleshot that thing for hours, it's toast. Haven't worked up the nerve to try it again, either.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

falz posted:

Curious if anyone has any success with 32x roms for After Burner Complete and NBA Jam TE on an Everdrive *or* Emulator? I've tried a few from a few sources, both just don't work for me. After Burner is just black screen, NBA Jam is blue vertical stripes. Emulator was Gens, romcart is of course using a real 32x, and other games work (such as Blackthorne). Do not understand.

If I recall correctly, the dump of Nba Jam 32x that floats around in most good sets is bad, and you need to get the (f2) version to make it work. I had to do something like that to make it boot on my everdrive, at least.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

flyboi posted:

Well the sale was such a poo poo-show the site was dead in the water for the entire time. I forced my order through which shows up on paypal as completed and charged with the item but the invoice on SAG's side is completely blank. I'm sure fulfilling these orders will be interesting for them.

I was refreshing the page over and over again for 30 minutes just trying to get the dumb thing into my cart, but it was worth it. Got my V4 on order, and glad too since these are apparently the last V4s they're gonna have.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

SnatchRabbit posted:

Has anyone heard anything about v2 Turbo Everdrives not working with Region modded Duos, specifically models from doujindance? Supposedly, the v1s work better but there's a new revision on the horizon.

I ordered a v2 and it does NOT work at all with my doujindance turboduo-r, which is region modded. I had to order a v1 and it worked fine.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Tyson Tomko posted:

I'd say burgundy personally :D

That's pretty drat cool and interesting.

I had a retrode last year but sadly it wasn't able to dump info from the GB camera. I've done some googling here and there in the past, and to my knowledge these are the only other ways to pull pictures from the Game Boy camera:

1. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mad-Catz-Camera-Link-Cable/dp/B00002AH2V
- I've been unable to find this anywhere but this link, and even if I did want to drop 30 pounds they won't ship to the US
- supposedly it only works in XP but that wouldn't be a problem

2. Using a GB mega memory manager dealio to backup the GB camera, then using the mega memory manager to restore it to some kind of flash cart, then pulling the sav off it it with a usb cable/sd card, then using a program to extract the pictures. This is slammin in theory, and I DO have the memory manager thing (which is very badass) but I do not have any kind of GB flash cart or anything capable of moving the file to a computer

3. Use the device absolutely anything has

As cool as it would be to grab the deleted files, I'd be perfectly happy to get anything better than a scan of a GB printer printout at this point.

You can dump Gameboy ROMS and save files with an N64 Everdrive and a transfer pack.

http://micro-64.com/features/gbromdumping.shtml

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

So after spending my entire Saturday working trying to figure out what the heck an "Arduino" was, I was finally able to build this adapter here:

http://denki.world3.net/pad_converters.html

It lets you use Saturn controllers on PSX/PS2. It works really well. Having grown up with Sega hardware (I didn't own a Playstation until just a couple years ago), it makes the system so much more enjoyable for me.

Physically constructing it is super easy but programming the micro controller took me hours. Worth it, though.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

While everyone is talking about PSP Power supplies, I have a semi unrelated question...

So I have a Neo Geo MV-1F MVS that I want to consolize. All the guides I'm seeing say to use a 5V power supply, and some people have suggested using a PSP power supply. I have three PSP power supplies, all of which are official Sony, and they all output 5.38vdc according to my multimeter. According to my research, 5.3vdc is safe for use with an MVS, but it still seems high to me since the board was designed to be used with a jamma power supply outputting exactly 5vdc. Am I just being paranoid, or should I hunt down a more reliable 5V power supply?

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

_____! posted:

Oh thank God. The region mod on it won't keep the Turbo ED from working though right? I found a post on Krikzz's forum where he said it was on poorly implemented region mods but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't apply to a DoujinDance model, would it? I just don't want to drop that coin and not be able to use the flashcart with it. Once that is cleared up I will be pulling the trigger on that right quick!
-------------------------------------------------
I know someone was asking about NGPC recommendations.In regards to Sonic Pocket Adventure just be aware that it is essentially Sonic 2 with Sonic and Knuckles music. I certainly didn't mind that but I figure it is best to let the person who was asking know it isn't a bespoke Sonic game!

I know that the V2 Turbo ED does NOT work with doujindance mods, confirmed it myself unfortunately. The V1 however works fine, and I'm not sure about the newest 2.5 release.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

So today I discovered that the NES and the SNES are compatible with each other's controllers by simply splicing extension cords together.

http://www.neshq.com/hardmods/snes_to_nes_controller.txt

This is great for anyone (like me) who doesn't have a dogbone controller and doesn't want to pay bubble prices. It took me about 30 minutes to do, which was refreshingly easy after spending about 12 hours installing my NESRGB.

This is doubly great for me since now I can also use Saturn controllers with the NES by using the SNES adapter I'd already built.

This brings me closer to my insane goal of being able to use a Saturn controller on anything.

If anyone is curious, here's what I have Saturn adapters for so far:

Playstation 1/2/3
Xbox Original / 360
Wii/Gamecube
SNES / NES
PC Engine
3DO
Dreamcast
Neo Geo CD / MVS
PC

That leaves, from my own collection, Sega Genesis, N64, Atari 2600, Atari Jaguar, and CDI. For Genesis and 2600 I'm not super motivated to build an adapter because I like the six-button Genesis pad just fine, and It's pretty much the same thing as a Saturn controller anyway. I'll probably do it someday just for completionist purposes. Jaguar and N64 layouts are both too weird for it to really work well, and there aren't many N64 games that would benefit.

And for CDI, I don't want to cannibalize or damage my only CDI controller to make it happen, so unless I can find the schematics for that Genesis/CDI adapter that used to float around, I'm probably done.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

So today I learned that the N64 power supply has a self resetting fuse. I didn't set out today to learn this, but after I installed the RAM Expansion backwards while testing my RGB mod it was a welcome discovery. Basically, system was stone dead for about 15 minutes then miraculously came back to life.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

: i missed the rgb mod part, the shell was probably off right ok yeah story checks out

Yeah I had the top part off and was all "pretty sure it goes this way lol."

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

The NESRGB is relatively easy to install once you get the PPU out. Go really slow on that part. The cleaner that comes out the better. I ended up deciding to just sacrifice the harder legs and cutting them rather than trying to do that "remove with multiple molten joints" thing the instructions recommended. Repairing the legs was easier for me than that crazy.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

d0s posted:

What's the good neo multicart now anyway? I'm glad the Saturn exists so I don't have to gently caress with ST-V stuff, same for DC and Naomi

The Super 138 in 1 has the best game selection but it has a stupid daughter board menu thing that dangles off of it. I cut it off and replaced it with dip switches so I could use it with my consolized MVS. I bought a 161 in 1 so I could play some of the missing games and it broke after about an hour and refused to work again. My attempts at repair so far have been been failures. It's worth noting that the insides of both of them were basically garbage with missing capacitors and flux everywhere.

After the 161 in 1 bit the dust I installed a voltage regulator into my 138 in 1 as the stupid thing was using a diode to step down the voltages. They also both had issues with PCM sound being missing from games which was caused by the missing surface mount capacitors. I installed those and now the 138 in 1 seems indistinguishable from a real cart on most of the games I've tried. Just be aware that these things have garbage build quality and will need some attention to be reliable. There's some good youtube tutorials about how to fix them up.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Why has FFVI never gotten MSU1 treatment?

There's this one that appears to be nearing a release:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16077.0

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

I have always wanted a copy of Hittler Come to Life Again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hittler-come-life-again-Famicom-NES-JP-GAME-/331840870744?hash=item4d4341d958

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Xenomrph posted:

I don't even own an NES/Famicom (yet) and I am legit tempted to bid on this because I collect wacky Weird War II poo poo, and I'd say this sure as hell qualifies.

If you're going to bid on it, be sure to wait to the last second (like literally last 10 seconds or so.) While this is good ebay advice in general, yamatoku-classic has a no joke army of shill bidders that will either find your maximum bid or clumsily outbid you. I do a lot of business on ebay and I've never seen a company abuse the system as bad as they do. I still buy from them though, as you can get fairly good deals from them as long as you're willing to buy in bulk and wait 2 months for a boat to bring you a dingy broken Sega Saturn they claimed was working. The nice part is if they do screw you with a misrepresented non working item they completely ignore any communication from you or claims that you make, and ebay automatically refunds the purchase. At least that's been my experience with them. I'm in the middle of a bulk purchase right now to save on shipping and have 2 av famicoms and about 70 games racked up so far, so they haven't scared me off yet - you just have to treat them differently than like any other dealer on ebay.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Xenomrph posted:

Awesome, thanks for the advice!

Speaking as someone who has never owned a Famicom or NES but is interested in getting one, can they play each other's games? Like if I bought this Famicom game on eBay and then bought an RGB-modded NES from Monitor Burn, will it play it?

Yeah, but you need a converter as they have different cartridge connectors. Something like this:

http://krikzz.com/store/home/40-famicom-to-nes-adapter.html

Also, how about a game called "Jesus"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jesus-Famicom-NES-JP-GAME-/331837038184?hash=item4d43075e68:g:oa0AAOSw8aNXGHX4

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

The US SNES power plug is the weirdest piece of why would they do that.

I always assumed it was to keep people from plugging in the NES power supply of doom.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Welp, just went further down the rabbit hole. I just ordered an EPROM Programmer so I can make myself a Star Fox 2 cart. I'm more excited for that than I have any right to be.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

While it is pricey, this is what I've used and it works phenomenally:

https://solarisjapan.com/collections/micomsoft/products/sc-512n1-l-dvi-component-hd-and-dvi-capture-board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Today I learned how to make reproduction Atari Jaguar Games.

If anyone is wondering, the materials for one cost about $6-7 dollars (for PCB, shell, EPROMs and UGC), and take me about 30 minute to assemble. The Joust homebrew was the worst, I had to do it three times to get right because I didn't understand Atari ROM types (always burn a .jag or .j64 file, never a .rom).

Now to rest and play some Jaguar!...hold on, what's this?

A package from Poland with awesome stamps!

It's the Rhea ODE for Saturn! Retrogame overload...

• Locked thread