Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

I can't really see one. Although Far Cry 1 is so cheap nowadays that it is basically a non-factor.

Wasn't Far Cry 1 released free with advertising on the load screens a couple of years back? or was that some sort of limited offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Croccers posted:

Does U-Play have a stupid progam launcher like GFWL/Origin/bloody Rockstar Social Club has or is it just log into an account when the game boots up?
(The whole last bunch of Ubisoft games I've played have all been on console, they just ask for your account and password if it's not saved into the console already, then I've never had to worry about it again.)

When I played through rear end Creed Bros recently it launched Ubisoft's own launcher from Steam where I had to then start up the game and could see all my ubipoints and that crap.

So I'm assuming this would be using the same system with the Ubisoft software in between Steam and the game.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

It's available in three days here in Australia, I don't know what that is relevant to the rest of the world, but if we've somehow magically got another Skyrim on our hands where we'll get it first, I'd be happy to pick up a copy and give people some first impressions.

I'm still torn on preordering it... I'm only just getting started on Hitman Absolution and I picked up Dark Souls in the steam sale... but this just looks amazing and I really enjoyed Far Cry 2 despite it's flaws.

Does anyone know how the preorder DLC integrates into the game? Are the locations still in the world without the DLC but just no missions there?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

beedeebee posted:

What's up with that decode thing in MP? Why can I decode a CD and why does it take 10 minutes? And can I still play while I'm decoding it (for some reason). So many questions.

I tried a few rounds tonight, seems like I got a decodable item after each round, one gave me a extra weapon mod, another just gave some bonus XP, they just go on in the background while you play.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Baron Bifford posted:

I need to complete 5 more Trials of the Rakyat to get 100% completion, but all the stars on my map are blacked out.

Having them 'blacked out' on the map just means that you've visted them and can access them at any time - hit TAB at the Map screen and you should be able to cycle through them and see how you've placed on each of them so far.

nickmeister posted:

IDK, the gunslinger takedown's pretty powerful. Actually the fancy stealth takedowns can really mow 'em down. I was disappointed the last two locked out skills were just about more effective body armor or something. Body armor doesn't last long enough to be worth it, and the hardest difficulty gives you too much health to care about it.

The body armor skill is just locked out until you've bought Body Armor from a store 3 times, just like the pistol takedown is locked out until you have 10 pistol skills (and their other prerequisite skill unlocked of course)

VodeAndreas fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jan 7, 2013

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Is there any way to get the Swartz mod without having a Nexus account?

It's not much effort but I just hear so much poo poo about the place I don't know if I should bother for a single mod.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

dennyk posted:

The Nexus isn't that bad. There's a lot of crap, just like anywhere else on the Internet, but it's not like you have to get involved in the idiotic modder "community" drama or download all the lovely mods that put anime boobs on everything. It's a useful resource for mods for quite a few popular games, so it's probably worth signing up if you play a lot of video games.

That I do... I guess I may as well, I've had a couple of weeks to cool off and now feel like giving the game another go, guess I'll just sign up then and not look too deep into the abyss.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

After his first couple of missions he'll be down on the second island in the south, you can't access that until you reach a certain point in the main storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Throne of Bhalz posted:

I'm at the part of the game right now where you have to get to badtown. I've gotten all the relics in areas that I've opened, and I've liberated all the outposts I've found. Truth be told, I'm starting to feel like I've beaten the game already - like there's nothing new. I know about the squirrel suit, but is there anything else drastic that the PC gets later on to keep me playing? I don't want to do the same thing for X more hours just to say I've beaten the game.

Finish up the next couple of sets of missions at least, there's a couple of good ones, the second island isn't great though once you unlock it and you can probably call it done at that point without missing much and look up the endings on Youtube.

• Locked thread