Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I loved FarCry 2; the only other game that's been as engrossing and intense has been STALKER. I'm always getting the urge to play, but I never do because I just don't want to put up with all the terrible design decisions and bugs. I was actually going to try to do something like a 100% run after I beat it, but I never finished the last few missions because the NPC was bugged. "One of my favorite games that I don't like to play" describes it perfectly.

I hope they make FC3 something really special. I think I'll miss Africa as a setting, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

MonsterUnderYourBed posted:

You would have to hope that things like the sun rising in the west and setting in the east is an intentional thing.

I've been wondering about that. I just assumed that it was some weird thing that had to do with being near the equator or something, like that myth about how Australian toilets swirl backwards. Apparently, I'm just stupid or something.

VVVVVVVVVVVV Now you're just rubbing it in.

Orb Crabmelt fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 18, 2012

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Grimdaddy posted:

I have a confession to make. After finishing the game, I have become very enamored with the co-op mode. Its really pretty drat good. The problem with this is that very few folks also seem to be, and those that are seem to be pretty terrible.

If you also like the co-op, and are on Xbox live thing, please send a friend request to Grimdaddy. These people are loving intolerable. Talking and headsets are really not needed, but not being awful really is.

I like co-op, but it's a real pain in the rear end to get into. I've no idea if the "Invite to party" function does anything (I'm on PS3, if that makes a difference), and it sucks to get dumped into full games on a random map when I just want to play with my friend and maybe one or two competent strangers. Last night, me and him were teamed up with some guy and his brother who kept lighting himself on fire and dying immediately. My friend ended up getting drunk and teabagging him over and over while the brother watched and impotently pawed at him with the knife. It was funny at first, but about an hour or so later, we were making little to no progress in our contrived quest for revenge/money.

• Locked thread