Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Party Plane Jones posted:

Nobody wants Far Cry 1 again.

There are dinosaurs after the mutant monkeys? Man I stopped playing to early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It's amazing how little attention this game is getting despite looking like GOTY material at this point.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Gunder posted:

To be honest, the repetitiveness of Far Cry 2 was fully apparent by about an hour or two in.

I hold to this day that Far Cry 2 is one the best and most enjoyable FPS games gameplay wise ever made, for the first 2 hours. After that you realize you have hit the peak of what the game has to offer.

Bleusilences posted:

If you can get windows 7 thought because windows 8 have performance issue and I really hate the UI. But as far as know it is the case of most new operating system...

Yes for the love of god if you're going to upgrade pick windows 7 and not 8. You don't want to know how horrible it can be to be an early adopter when it comes to operating systems.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 25, 2012

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 did a pretty good job, and oddly enough the 870 in Black Ops 2 is about right.

I've literally never played a game where the spread is higher. :stare:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Adraeus posted:

But no review has touched on everything Far Cry 3 has to offer because the game is so huge. One reviewer put in 40 hours only to reach the halfway point. The explorable area is 10 times the size of Far Cry 2.

Reviewers have a tendency to exaggerate the game time of sanbox games. I don't know why they simply do.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Can anyone confirm how the AI handles in combat? None of the gameplay previews I got to see so far really gave the pirates a chance to put up a struggle.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Where are the regular pigs? I can't for the life of me find a single one. :psyduck:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Orv posted:

I think... I hope that's intentional.

Considering how they modeled his hair and face it's definitely intentional. He's not some rough badass like his older brother, he's just a dumbass kid caught up in a bad situation.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

The bears go down in two shotgun shots though. One if it's directly to the head :confused:

The shotgun is really weird in this game. It's like things aren't even hit if they aren't right up in your face.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Other companies should definately start taking notes. This is how you do sidequests. :black101:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Orv posted:

Anyone having issues with wildlife should carry the 1887. It's a shot or two for most things, three for tigers, four or five for buffalo/bears.

The flamethrower kills all wildlife almost instantly. :haw:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

IRQ posted:

Man I guess I did something wrong because I don't remember partying on a tropical island with my parents' money after I finished college.

It's not that expensive to travel and you yourself never having done so doesn't change that. Ever heard of saving money? :psyduck:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Finlands Sexiest posted:

Dynamite fishing doesn't seem to work in this game. Which is fine because it fucks up ecosystem big time.

Luckily there is no law against hunting deers with grenades. :getin:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Baron Bifford posted:

Game end spoilers

Goddammit man at least allude to somewhat to what you're spoiling. Don't just tag it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zzulu posted:

Possibly, I can't remember. I do remember Far Cry 1 being about mutant monkeys and people with rocketarms and a crazy scientist who mutates himself at the end so you can have a bossfight though. gently caress those monkeys

The moment those monkeys appeared was the moment Far Cry 1 when from great to poo poo.

• Locked thread