Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cardboard Box posted:

Well if you liked the weapon degradation mechanic I'm sad to say it's been taken out of this one. :(

Yeah, there's that, and I wouldn't have really minded the respawning enemies if it was maybe based on a timer, like "you cleared this outpost, it'll be empty for an hour" or something. Instead it's like, you clear it, then you walk 20 yards away, then suddenly they're all back. That was really annoying.

gently caress, you didn't even have to walk away. Sometimes the entire base would respawn as you're finishing killing off the last dude or two. You could watch them pour out of buildings you knew were empty and had no other exit to a minute before. It was a loving joke. FC2 was a deeply flawed game that still had some fun mechanics and promise. I think the kick to the balls for me was the lead designer coming out after all the criticism of the respawning checkpoints, how everyone in Africa wants to kill you all the time, etc and heatedly defending his decisions saying they were all done by intentional design and they had no plans to ever alter it via patches.

Yeah, that was when I knew I'd never be playing it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cardboard Box posted:

Hey gibbed, any plans on maybe making the second-tier weapons that can only have one attachment, like the StG 90, hold two?

Yes, this. I love the 552, but I'm sad that I can't use an optical on it with the suppressor it should have had as an option from the beginning.

• Locked thread