Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/far-cry-3/achievements/

There is plenty of spoilers here obviously, but honestly there seems to be a ton of content in the game. It seems they're going for a first person tropical Red Dead Redemption.

Which I'm 110% okay with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Question! Will we be able to go prone in this game? This is very important.

No, but you can slide. That's all I got.

Speaking of which, I've been trying to find the skill trees in the game but it seems nobody knows anything about them aside from their name.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Now that this is getting a lot of spotlight. Has any of the skill trees contents been posted online?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Wait, what games did they unlock anyway? Not to mention, could you get some more information, do they know for sure it was because they used VPN's to unlock early? I've done it tons of times with no repercussions, so far.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

So wait, do you have to always use a VPN to get past Uplay if you don't live in Australia, or is there a way around it?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Unfortunately, I can't even play this game in offline mode. Also it seems like I can't even access my game now, beforehand I had to use a VPN to even be able to play it, but it's asking me for my code again now and says another account already has it in use.

What a shame, looks like I have to wait until tuesday to pick up where I left off.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Nov 30, 2012

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Radicalysmic posted:

Have you tried this?

Ah thanks.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Just beat it, I skipped like 50% of the content because I was interested in the story. I gotta say at the end it gets into some heart of darkness level poo poo. More so than usual anyway.

quote:

Does the main character ever stop getting so incredibly squeemish about skinning animals? It's utterly ludicrous that he'll massacre a small army with zero objections and then when he goes to skin a deer, he's all "ewww!!! Gross!!"

Later on it just turns into "eugh". I think Jason is great, honestly. He gets more and more hardened and sociopathic as the game goes on, but still hangs on to some of his humanity. He's basically what would happen if a listless nerdy loser discovers he's actually a super alpha male.

:ssh:You get to decide if he gives in completely or not.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Nov 30, 2012

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Vaas and Citra look completely different though, and if you look at Citra's file in game she has a different last name. I suspect they're adopted brother and sister.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

This is seriously a good game. I hope they make a sequel really quick that isn't Far Cry 4. Basically Far Cry 3: Brotherhood and add a lot more content.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

myshl0ng posted:

Are there any mods that make the game harder? it is way too easy even on the hardest difficulty.

Yeah I picked hardest difficulty thinking it would be rough, but it feels like Hard is the Normal.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Lasher posted:

Is there a clear point of no return or a free roam mode?

Yes to both. Before the final mission you get a warning that it is the point of no return, and a button prompt to continue. After you beat the game you also get the option to free roam, but if you cleared all the bases, it's a pretty dull island with almost no enemies.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

fookolt posted:

Do you get infinite bandages (the heal thingy that comes up after you run out of syringes)?

Yep. Q to heal is infinite. Medicine's only benefit is it's animation time is quick and heals you up to full health.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Thumbs Up Dude posted:

What's the alternate path to the docks on the doppelganger mission? I tried to swim to the boat but I fail the mission as soon as I step out of the water.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out, but my god that is the worst level in the game. Whoever was part of letting that into the final game should be fired.

I had almost all the upgrades when doing that mission, so it was pretty much a breeze for me.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

quote:

Jason becomes a horrific person and the game unironically cheers him on and revels in it.

I disagree, it's pretty obvious in regards to the endings that it condemns Jason's descent.

Not to mention the whole tone of the game comes off as a parody of video game protagonists in general.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

Don't hesitate to elaborate, please. I mean, I've seen the endings and I didn't feel that way, so clearly it wasn't pretty obvious for me.

That is a good point, my view was
If you save your friends, Jason rejects violence for the sake of violence. "I'm tired of this violence!" and admits that he after everything you've done in the game, the player has made him into a monster. "I've killed more people than I can count". I mean, how many people and animals have you killed by the end of Far Cry 3? This ending is a reflection of everything Jason has done in the game and how it wasn't a good thing.

The other ending honestly just feels like a "You picked the wrong ending!" to me. Either way Jason pays for what he's done.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

How do I add the deluxe edition code to Uplay anyway?

Edit: Found it. It's in the game itself.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 5, 2012

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Is there a way to roll back the tattoo pack? It adds a tattoo to Jason's right arm that looks really bad. I'd like to remove it.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

gibbed posted:

Uh, do you mean the UPlay rewards tattoo pack? Because that's for multiplayer. The giant tattoo that Jason has in singleplayer has always been there (watch the intro again!).

No, I played through the game and he did not have it on his arm. Then I bought the tattoo pack.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

This game needs timed explosives.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Speedball posted:

So is there more or less drop with the wingsuit than the glider?

More. If you want to go for distance, pick the glider. If you want to go for accuracy, pick the wingsuit.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I think "hardmode" should honestly be patched to be harder. More patrols and so on would be great.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

MasonF posted:

Just finished it...loved it. Didn't love the ending though.
I really wish Vaas didn't die half-way through.
Also don't do what I did and sit through the credits. There's nothing at the end. :(

My hope is that Him opening his eyes at the end shows he survived or something. After all you don't really see his body like you do with Hoyt. Vaas is an intimidating antagonist whereas Hoyt felt a bit generic.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Can someone explain what the gently caress is going on in the "good" ending? Citra gets shanked, says she loves Jason, Jason gives a super brief monologue about being a monster, then... what? Did a cutscene not play for me or something? Is Jason implying that he won't leave the island?

Really disappointed that there was no option to just execute everybody involved and live out the rest of your days as a Pirate King.

The last scene is the boat your friends have been building, leaving the island. Jason and his friends escape the island.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

What is it with recent AAA games and terrible, unsatisfying endings these days anyway? Is there a segment of consumers out there who like bad endings?

My suspicion is with the advent of achievements, developers see how only a small portion of the population who buys games actually completing it, so ending the game is an afterthought. It's cheaper on production costs too.

But yeah 2012 has been the year of bad endings, that's for sure.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Welp. I'm sold.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread