Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Vatek posted:

It's supposed to be a simultaneous release across all platforms. Steam has it available for pre-order with a December 4th release date.
Isn't it typical for Ubisoft to wait until a week before release before admitting the PC version is going to be delayed, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Sweet Jesus. This sounds like everything that Far Cry 2 was but with it's flaws removed and everything else improved. Gonna wait for confirmation that the PC port is solid, but otherwise this sounds like a day one purchase for me.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Speedball posted:

Yeah, it looks like its only crime will be being released in the same season as a load of other high-profile games, but now that I've had a chance to look at it it looks like it'll be really great.
The fact that - in the US at least - it's not coming out until the first week of December and long after Black Friday even though it's already apparently at the stage where they can send out review copies gives off the impression that Ubisoft didn't expect the game to turn out as well as it did.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

NaDy posted:

I find this pretty funny seeing as one of the biggest complaints I heard about FC2 was that enemies kept respawning after you cleared out checkpoints.
I don't think the respawning alone was the issue. It's that they would respawn immediately and the way the world was designed you would have to pass those checkpoints several times while trying to complete one mission. (And in the console versions without quicksaves, dying at any of those points mean you lost all your progress towards that mission)

• Locked thread