Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Wandering Rainbow

The skeleton in warm pink and cloudy blue sat by a little sandcastle decorated in shells. It's a sloppy affair, little more than a couple of speckled mounds, but it was pretty fun regardless. There'd not been much to do to pass the time in wait, so you do what you have available, right?

The world ahead looked awfully dark and dreary and dank and other things that started with D. Let's just hope that dull isn't one of them, because at the very least we can brighten what's to come. Probably. With a little effort, in any case. I mean, that's an awfully oppressive atmosphere. It's kind of harshing my vibes.

Rainbow up until now had ignored the hustle and bustle behind them, but deigned to finally notice what was going on when they were passed a glass of wine and everyone else toasted in that weird ocean language. Not wanting to look unenthused, Rainbow called out a string of gibberish that vaguely sounded like what the others said.

"Forward and shrimp!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Wandering Rainbow

The skeleton inspects the SS Storm Motherfucker carefully, from stern to bow. Everything is satisfactory, until...

"Wait. What? That figurehead looks nothing like me. If I knew it was going to be this inaccurate, I wouldn't have bothered modeling for it. Curse the sculptors!"

The figurehead is, of course, a skeleton.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Wandering Rainbow Envoy of Eternal Peace - Rainbow's Office

"Do I get my own office?"

Later, when all is said and done with and the rest have settled into their roles and the good ship was on its way out to sea, Wandering Rainbow sat in their new office chair (safely and obviously quite inferior to Spawn of the Devouring Wyrm's, of course, but still quite comfortable,) with their hands crossed and the grin of awaiting a customer on their face. When all you can do is grin, eventually you get pretty good at conveying with what you've got.

The office was outfitted with a desk inlaid with fine green leather, upon which a small framed portrait of Rainbow sits and a small desk lamp. There are no pens yet and no paperwork to write. But far more important than the desk is the comfortable inclined couch directly next to it. It's long and almost more like a bed than a couch, with a raised end to rest your head on.

Wandering Rainbow was always good at getting on with people, you see, and had ideas about how to help others become more comfortable with it themselves. For the inevitable parties later on that happen when you get to know Rainbow. If you're in need of an outlet, the couch is always here.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

A_Raving_Loon posted:

Requesting of Butterfly and Rainbow - Do a Lore. Lore at island.

Wandering Rainbow, Envoy of Eternal Peace

"...with traditional customs that are rarely found in modern society, like that of an endurance-based Rite of Manhood. A boy to be initiated as a man is..."

An excerpt from the sixth page of Wandering Rainbow's newest thirty-four leaf paper on Petraya, cited in three pages, to be published sometime in the following year. It is of interest in the social study community for its coverage of a rarely-done topic, those of singular islands in the Neck. There are so many after all that it is taking ages to get the area done in detail.

Finally dotting the final full stop, Wandering Rainbow strides out of their office and leaves the excessively long document in Wyrm's quarters.

Seven successes.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Wandering Rainbow, Envoy of Eternal Peace

A stream of crew mates hurriedly rushed into Rainbow's office, requesting their presence on deck. Diplomacy! This is more like it. Wandering Rainbow's first course of action is words and nonviolence.

Straightening out the pink suit and adjusting the hat, Rainbow walks onto the upper deck.

"You wanted to see me, Captain Wyrm?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Wandering Rainbow, Upper Deck of the Envoy of Eternal Peace

Rainbow's rictus grin dominated their face. "Howdy! How are you, sir? My name is Wandering Rainbow, official ambassador of the USS Storm Motherfucker nče Envoy of Eternal Peace, how can I be of assistance to you?"

A pair of bony hands closed around Bolt-from-Brightest Day's and shook them enthusiastically. "Let me show you around the ship and then bring you to my office to hear your requests and, if you'd like, a quick session just me-to-you. You first, of course." Rainbow looks the birdman in the face and gestures the way underdeck.