Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
The ice cream trucks around here don't even play Turkey in the Straw any more, they play pop music. It's a travesty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

Hahaha what the gently caress, what a coincidence. I just saw a bunch of anomolocaris claw fossils on a hike two days ago.

They're dated to about 505 mya, so not quite a billion, sorry Zorak.

NNNNNNNNNnneat!

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

tlarn posted:

The ice cream trucks around here don't even play Turkey in the Straw any more, they play pop music. It's a travesty.
I heard their milkshake brings boys to the yard.

I remember Mickey Mouse's version of Turkey in the Straw which finally restores the original animal cruelty that folk music really deserved. :downs:

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Continuing to chug away on recording stuff. Have all the dolphin training taken care of, working on wrapping up the photo quest at the moment. Once that's done I can finish up getting the remaining legendary animals, which will take care of the wildlife achievements, etc. It's not really stuff intended for "marathon" play so I'm trying to avoid doing so, so as to not completely burn myself out before finishing this up.

In the meantime: me and Chorocojo made a dumb video to cross-promote our channels / site / communications methods, and we did another session of 13th Age:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTQwMWwwznk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eifyjjH7-KI

I'm also working on getting up another "we make fun of a lovely documentary" that we streamed in October of last year and never really got around to getting packaged up for watching. Should hopefully have that up relatively soon.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Literally have figured out how to wallhack Blue World in order to unlock the poo poo I need to do faster :geno: Only three more in-game achievements to go, should have it done this weekend. Then it's just a matter of editing it down and recording it so we can spike this game into the ground. Whew.

In the meantime, I dumped the animation podcast I do off-and-on onto YouTube, and also tried to explain Super Robots to Red

Also:

http://www.kisamayatsu.com/letsplay/EO2/littlestplaneteer.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTzOO5_77lE

TTornado
Feb 15, 2015

Piso mojado, dirtbag.
I gotta say, between losing Tim Curry and the animation of the smog cloud swooping across the screen and the worse than usual science, its amazing seeing an already really lovely product go on a decline.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

TTornado posted:

I gotta say, between losing Tim Curry and the animation of the smog cloud swooping across the screen and the worse than usual science, its amazing seeing an already really lovely product go on a decline.

Apparently it was less that they lost Tim Curry and more it predated Tim Curry. This is MAL's original VA, when then died.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Zorak posted:

Literally have figured out how to wallhack Blue World in order to unlock the poo poo I need to do faster :geno: Only three more in-game achievements to go, should have it done this weekend. Then it's just a matter of editing it down and recording it so we can spike this game into the ground. Whew.

In the meantime, I dumped the animation podcast I do off-and-on onto YouTube, and also tried to explain Super Robots to Red

Also:

http://www.kisamayatsu.com/letsplay/EO2/littlestplaneteer.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTzOO5_77lE

So that episode was... a thing. :geno:

Also a thing you forgot to mention about Dancouga is that it's loving insane and rife with G Gundam-tier crazy stereotypes. There's an episode where they go to Switzerland because the aliens are invading there. The Swiss prepare by having all their buildings and poo poo turn into a giant defense system. Like there are farms that have giant anti-aircraft guns just sprout up from the barns, Churches turn into giant loving radar stations, and like, almost everyone is armed. There's also an episode where they go to New York. The entire city is in ruins because of the alien invasion... except for Harlem. Harlem barely loving notices. The series is just all sorts of bizarre and dumb.

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

This might just be fun after all.
*squints* Did I actually just see Captain Planet turn into Groot?

Man this show is weird.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

YouTube

And that's it folks! Thanks for following us over this Let's Play's massive lifetime. We finally got there!

Not quite sure what we're going to do next, other than "definitely not diving related". We'll probably continuing making dumb videos occasionally, as we do. We've got some ideas we're messing around with for future Let's Play stuff. Follow Chorocojo and I on twitter to find out when we eventually do decide. Consider subscribing to us on YouTube. And of course, our dumb website.

As I say at the end of the video: I hope you enjoyed this Let's Play and this game! I also hope you come away with this with a greater respect for our ocean, and perhaps even an interest in diving. Diving is great. Consider giving it a shot! It's fun as hell.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I suggest commentating over the rest of Captain Planet

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Pyroi posted:

Or at least the episode of GI Joe where Cobra's plot is to use hot air balloons to release a bunch of CFCs.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Our long national nightmare is over, and I will sorrowly miss it. Thank you for the Lp and the fish learnings.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Pyroi posted:

This, those are my favorite videos you guys do, other than riffing on Ancient Aliens and those UFO shows

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

iirc, there's at least one account of a pod of orcas attacking a pod of sperm whales, and the sperm whales formed a defensive circle in response.

Stratavarius
Nov 6, 2012
Heres to 4 years of touchin' fish. I greatly enjoyed the fish touching, and all the fish education.

Also baseball.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
That was some good fish commenting, Zorak, Red, and all of the guys who did info segments.

Thanks!

Mecheon
Nov 27, 2007

And that was when Ecco realised the world just fucking hates dolphins.
Congratulations on achieving the end of the game after how long it took

I am eternally glad you did leave in the glitch

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
The life void is real. :cry: As much as the last few videos were a silly grind, I'm still going to dearly miss all the rest of this LP. Being able to just chill and learn about fish was a great counterpart to the hectic lives most of us lead. You may belabour how long it took you to finish, but it was a fantastic ride the whole way and I wouldn't have shortened it for the (blue) world.

In short, great job and I hope something like this pops up again sometime, either from you or others.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Good work, duders. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I did indeed buy and play this game literal years ago thanks to this LP

And it was a great experience.

Thanks both for introducing it to me and for sticking with it all the ridiculously long way! Your file has more than twice the amount of playtime on it that mine does.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I can't believe you touched every fish.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Pyroi posted:

We will continue to joke over Captain Planet, as ever. In fact, Red, Neeksy, and I did a podcast talking about some episodes of Captain Planet, including the one with Hitler in.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Wow, I'm honestly impressed that there was that much material in such an off-genre Wii game. Well done and kudos to you guys for showing it all off.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
I began and completed my Master's degree in oceanography over the course of this LP. It was way more entertaining than any of my classes, though. :v:

Thanks so much for all the effort put into this LP, it was a great ride!

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Easily one of my more favorite LP's over the past while. I hate to see it end bit there's really nothing left beyond tedious grinding. Thanks for one of the best edutainment series I've ever seen.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Well that was a fun interesting game to follow for the last 3 years or so, never knew game like this would be really deep and has alot of stuff to do. The LP was both fun to watch and you got to learn alot of stuff at it too, thanks for the great LP.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Thanks for the LP.

And yes, there will be a void in my life...

Also, just snorkeling can be very nice and with plenty of fish to see. Obviously much more limited than diving but I had great fun looking at fish in the Mediterranean and the effort required is minimal other than getting somewhere vaguely appropriate.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Thank you for the LP guys, it's been great.

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space
I've really enjoyed learning about fish. Dicking around on the Internet, I've learnt all sorts of odds and ends about maths, physics, ancient history, arts and crafts, social issues, political issues, things that have turned my life around, things that have turned my husband's life around... So many things. And in all that, remarkably little about fish.

Fish are rad and I'm glad this game and this lp (and their predecessors) are around to remind me that I should learn more about them. So, thanks for making that happen. (I also really enjoyed the story)

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
Thanks for the fantastic LP.

Sadly, I did try to go diving, but my GP said that a 79% on the lung strength test wasn't good enough (the minimum for PADI being 80%) and didn't sign me off for diving, and since she's my GP I don't really have any recourse other than to move and get a different one. I'll definitely try more snorkelling next time I'm somewhere pretty, at least.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

WFGuy posted:

Sadly, I did try to go diving, but my GP said that a 79% on the lung strength test wasn't good enough (the minimum for PADI being 80%) and didn't sign me off for diving, and since she's my GP I don't really have any recourse other than to move and get a different one. I'll definitely try more snorkelling next time I'm somewhere pretty, at least.
That's really sad. I hope you're able to do some snorkeling-- I did some of my undergraduate research on patch reefs in the Caribbean and I promise than snorkeling can be just as enjoyable as SCUBA when you're in the right place. I hope you've seen Bishop's diving thread where they might be able to lead you to alternatives.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

I should also add that I think you should have a go at putting on a snorkel every time you hit the beach. Even in places where it looks as if there isn't much from the surface you'll be surprised at the amount of stuff you can spot if you put your goggles underwater for a bit. I had been going to the same place for a couple of years and thought there wouldn't be much interesting there but, boy, was I surprised at the amount of stuff I had been swimming with once I got my goggles on.

Beautiful reefs and the likes are obviously best but there is a lot of stuff in a lot of habitats (like this LP showed off).

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I was genuinely inspired, like in the artistic sense, from many of the things you've talked about on this long and wonderful trip -- and continue to be. Ain't many LPs that can deliver like that.

I love the sea. I love this LP. Here's to three years of whales. :love:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Every ending is sad, but I've loved this LP. Looking forward to lots more Captain Planet.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Thanks for this LP! It has been a long journey, but finally you have touched all the fish in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Great LP all, really brought out the chill in this game.

I love that it goes out on the hammock, which is basically a "fondly regard Nineball Island" button. There's a lot to fondly regard!

• Locked thread