Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.
Wow, people need to make more games like this. It's so relaxing and really looks like just a relax-to-the-max game :3:

Of course, I say that from my couch. I couldn't scuba dive no matter how much you paid me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
Guess this the closest we will ever get to anything resembling an Ecco game again :(

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009
I've been waiting for this LP since the first one finished. I guess Zorak figured out what to do with the video capture problem he says he'd have with this game.

I haven't had a chance to watch the vid yet. The server I'm currently on blocks all streams and large files.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
This game reminds me of the super cool Live Dives my sister and her friends do at the Bamfield Marine Science Center. They take a boat out into their inlet and do a video conference call for high school students from under the ocean, looking at all manner of sea life and such. I think it's really loving cool and a good way to get kids interested in the ocean, especially since a bunch of the schools they do it for are Albertan and inland B.C. iirc, and don't have ready access to the ocean like we do on the coast.

I'm going to have a bit of free time next semester so I'm thinking of getting some dive instruction, it's something I've always wanted to try at least once.

gobbledygoat fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 13, 2012

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Fantastic, I loved the original LP so I'm excited to see this one. They are really just throwin' whales at you from the start though, sheesh.

Well, not literally throwing whales. I imagine that would be difficult.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I hope there's more whale god whale type hilarious insanity in this one :toot:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
"Whale Singularity" is my new favorite phrase. And man this game is pretty, gotta be one of the best looking Wii games I've seen.

Also really looking forward to the Science lessons and neat ocean trivia again. :allears:

cinn
May 13, 2011
having some serious streaming problems with the host. downloading the vid now and looking forward to fishies.

Aeros Wilhelm
Sep 2, 2011

Such a loving tease with that Guitarfish. Spotted it when you were swimming around and went 'Is that a Guitarfish? IT IS! :3:.' Then you proceed to wander around and touch every other fish in the area before it. :(

Love me some Guitarfish; and rays in general really.

Thank you for showing off this game; once the WiiU comes out this is one of the first games I plan to get for the Wii...provided I can find it.

Cybernemic
Oct 9, 2012

TEEHEEHEE
Those Dusky Batfish are goofy as hell and I love it.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Yay, fish! :toot:

I liked the last Endless Ocean LP, so I'm happy to see you guys are doing another one. I'm ready for more marine biology fish (and aquatic mammal) science! :eng101:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Scuto is the laziest constellation.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I hope this LP also signals the return of the Captain Planet videos...

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I hope this LP also signals the return of the Captain Planet videos...

Zorak posted:

And yes, there will be more aside videos, including ones featuring everyone's favorite avatar of the elements.

Signs point to yes!

Grimwit
Nov 3, 2012

Those eyes! That hair! You're like a movie star! I must take your picture!

StrifeHira posted:

"Whale Singularity" is my new favorite phrase.

We've hit whale critical mass!

This LP, like the first one, is soooo relaxing that when I started watching it my bones melted. Good show.

T.K. Machine
Feb 20, 2006

Colorblind by design
I was just thinking I needed another ichthyological LP in my life, so I checked the first page and look what I found. :allears:

LucineBlue
Oct 10, 2012
I was wanting some more fishy education tonight!

Though what I admit struck me most was the fact I recognized the two songs in the introduction; I was not expecting to hear 'One World' or 'The Prayer'. Not a bad thing, of course; both are lovely, soothing pieces.

Louispul5
Oct 10, 2012

Toadsniff posted:

Guess this the closest we will ever get to anything resembling an Ecco game again :(

I now demand an Endless Ocean 3. Swimming around touching fish when they all get sucked up into an alien space ship. Then you have to help Skippy save the world by touching aliens.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The fish seem bigger in this game compared to the first one. I know you guys mentioned that everything in EO1 was much smaller than it should be, but they seem to have gotten the scale about right here. The whales still seemed a bit small but not as bad as the first game.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The fish seem bigger in this game compared to the first one. I know you guys mentioned that everything in EO1 was much smaller than it should be, but they seem to have gotten the scale about right here. The whales still seemed a bit small but not as bad as the first game.

The models in general just look better. This is especially evident if you remember the Great Whites from EO1.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

You touched a nudibranch and didn't say a drat word about it you vertebrate-loving scum! :argh:

If this LP turns out even half as good as the first game then I have high hopes for it. I'm impressed with how gorgeous it looks :swoon:

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Mak0rz posted:

You touched a nudibranch and didn't say a drat word about it you vertebrate-loving scum! :argh:

I thought the same thing! Zorak is speciesist! :argh:
No wait, that'd actually be phylumist? :confused:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Zorak is a chordate supremacist if I've even seen one.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Was about to re-watch the original Endless Ocean LP :v: Time for more fish-touchin'. In a totally legal, platonic way, of course!

What sort of silly content-issue did Youtube snag you with, out of curiosity? Is it due to the Bear Grylls footage in the last LP or something?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Geop posted:

Was about to re-watch the original Endless Ocean LP :v: Time for more fish-touchin'. In a totally legal, platonic way, of course!

What sort of silly content-issue did Youtube snag you with, out of curiosity? Is it due to the Bear Grylls footage in the last LP or something?

Zorak can explaiin better, but he said in Red's stream that it's the diving footage he splices in. I guess some company that resells the footage they film for stock purpose didn't like it being used like this.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

Mak0rz posted:

There are at least ten nudibranchs in this game and we did a long segment on them in EO1. If we do all of the segments in the first update update 12 is gonna be boring as hell.

Mollusk love is comin'. Crustaceans and echinoderms, too!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
More fish touching. Zorak is a good fish toucher.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Is there going to be any Myxidinae love in this game? I personally know quite a bit about Eptatretus Stoulii myself.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Mak0rz posted:

I ALREADY DID THAT ONE GOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYG4U-vpIBo&hd=1

Also I was trying to cram as much :words: I could about the Epaulette Shark in a time of span I knew was too short for talking about it. Besides, we'll be back through there plenty.

Geop posted:

Like Rirse said, one of the batches of diving footage I used apparently was from some dude who wanted to sell it for stock footage dollars. WHOOPS.

I'll just dump it up in six months. In the meantime, I may get a blip.tv account as a back up.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

The FLV trick on Blip should work just fine provided you upload the video through an FTP client :shobon: Its web uploader wised up to being handed FLV files, but (last I checked) the FTP method should still be okay.

Yeah, I know :v: Just mentioning it in case you go that route in the future (since its MP4 re-encoding usually takes an axe to the quality)
vvv

Geop fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 14, 2012

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I meant backup in so much more as a secondary option in case someone is allergic to my hosting or something.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm a little sad that your new boat is way too small to get penguins on it, but I suppose I'll live.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Glazius posted:

I'm a little sad that your new boat is way too small to get penguins on it, but I suppose I'll live.

This is also my prime complaint, how will we have polar bears and sealions on our boat now.

Moto42
Jul 14, 2006

:dukedog:
Yay, the LP that helped me somewhat overcome my fear of water is back!

I can swim in the deep end of a pool without half my brain screaming legs are about to be removed by <insert imagined sea-creature here, something from the twilight zone with lots of over sized teeth> because watching you was like being forced to vicariously confront those fears.

We don't see Magu Tapa again, do we? :ohdear: The chanting was the worst part.

Moto42 fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Nov 14, 2012

Iconic Racism
Apr 8, 2009
A combination of the previous LP and this one has convinced me to take my PADI licence so I will be a certified diver by the end of this week. Cheers Zorak & Co :buddy:

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Since the end of the last LP I've started the first year of my PhD in oceanography. :3: I've only really taken classes about plankton so far, so I'm looking forward to seeing all the macroscopic fish touchin'.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
You mentioned "mostly tropical and sub-tropical waters," how many people go diving in, I don't know, the North Sea or something? Can you do it in this game?

stegoceras
Oct 21, 2011

Numb's no good, but it sure beats the hurt
Oh look its my favourite LP again
I'm stoked this is back.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Looking forward to seeing some more interesting fish and not-fish. Looks a lot prettier than the first game. Hope you can get a nice collection of penguins again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

LucineBlue posted:

I was wanting some more fishy education tonight!

Though what I admit struck me most was the fact I recognized the two songs in the introduction; I was not expecting to hear 'One World' or 'The Prayer'. Not a bad thing, of course; both are lovely, soothing pieces.
If you like Celtic Woman, you're going to be pleased with this game.

Oh, and if you're playing along, don't waste money. You'll thank me later :eng101:.

• Locked thread