Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Esroc posted:

I spent hours maintaining a thread on another forum where I pretended to be an alien breaking galactic law to converse with humans. I answered their questions about space and alien culture in great detail, resulting in a novels worth of information. I covered everything from galactic history, history of specific species, propulsion technology, medical advances, art, music, culture, galactic politics, laws, commerce, etc. I went all out with this poo poo.

After awhile I got bored and made one final post where I revealed I was a human and just loving with them. But I intentionally changed up my writing style and vernacular to give the illusion of an entirely different poster. Just to see how they'd react.

Sure enough they came to the conclusion that I was captured and the last post was made by someone else to discredit my "revelations."

I checked back on that thread this morning and it's still active and there are people who still apparently believe I really was an alien trying to reach out to humanity. Even better, the story has leaked over to the rest of the site. Other unrelated threads will devolve into discussions about the alien who once posted. I'm not sure if people really believe all of it or if its just become a running joke that is being perpetuated. I hope its the latter and people aren't really that gullible.

When I started I didn't expect anyone to buy it for a second and assumed the thread would just be ignored. I was just trying to kill time before I went to bed. But now the story appears to be spreading and I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed.

one of the stranger hobbies I've heard of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I j/o regularly. You can call me the dick beater king.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Esroc posted:

I spent hours maintaining a thread on another forum where I pretended to be an alien breaking galactic law to converse with humans. I answered their questions about space and alien culture in great detail, resulting in a novels worth of information. I covered everything from galactic history, history of specific species, propulsion technology, medical advances, art, music, culture, galactic politics, laws, commerce, etc. I went all out with this poo poo.

After awhile I got bored and made one final post where I revealed I was a human and just loving with them. But I intentionally changed up my writing style and vernacular to give the illusion of an entirely different poster. Just to see how they'd react.

Sure enough they came to the conclusion that I was captured and the last post was made by someone else to discredit my "revelations."

I checked back on that thread this morning and it's still active and there are people who still apparently believe I really was an alien trying to reach out to humanity. Even better, the story has leaked over to the rest of the site. Other unrelated threads will devolve into discussions about the alien who once posted. I'm not sure if people really believe all of it or if its just become a running joke that is being perpetuated. I hope its the latter and people aren't really that gullible.

When I started I didn't expect anyone to buy it for a second and assumed the thread would just be ignored. I was just trying to kill time before I went to bed. But now the story appears to be spreading and I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed.

This is actually a funny/amusing story. I don't think you should be proud or ashamed, I think you should just think of it as a sort of weird but fun thing you did on the Internet once. :)

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.

Esroc posted:

Someone did almost exactly this on SA a few years ago and I remember it actually being a really cool thread, a lot of people got into the suspense of disbelief and it was good fun. :)

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Strange Horizon posted:

Someone did almost exactly this on SA a few years ago and I remember it actually being a really cool thread, a lot of people got into the suspense of disbelief and it was good fun. :)

what are the alien customs

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
bleeg blorg 1 alean said to the other alien

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

OMGVBFLOL posted:

bleeg blorg 1 alean said to the other alien

How would you know this if you were not ONE OF THEM

e: I mean I dont know if it is true or not what with being a human my self

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Instead of playing FIFA like a normal person, I've downloaded a bunch of custom teams and am doing a Champions League of the best teams ever on AI vs AI. This is the first time it's looked vaguely like actual football so it's quite exciting. I tried something similar on Pro Evo years ago but it got to about one goal every three games.

Currently going through a group of Netherlands '74, Ajax '95, Bayern Munich 2013 and Juventus '96. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

i can't even tell who's a human anymore in this thread :psyduck:

im a human though

• Locked thread