Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

In college, I was playing a fantasy MUD and a goddess/admin broadcast a message asking "Who lives near Chicago? I need to get laid." I responded that I was an hour away. 2 minutes later she was on her way and I was wondering what the hell just happened. I wanted to keep playing the game so I sent my roommate to meet her instead. They dated a while and ended up living together for three years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I can only imagine there were some Cyrano de Bergerac-esque scenes where you had to coach your roommate on the finer points of the MUD in case she asked questions about it.

I don't think they knew each other beforehand, but he introduced me to the game and was an ace at it though he hadn't played in a while. He was an insanely shy dude who was also an amateur pilot and stunt jeep driver, while she was an insanely outgoing person who would jump in the car late at night for a road trip to visit internet strangers. So of course they hit it off right away.

• Locked thread