Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

klosterdev posted:

Any Goon who remembers Cybernations might recognize this. I managed the internal affairs of an alliance on a text-based MMO. (LUEnited Nations) The alliance had more than 600 people. I implemented a banking system, created a layer of middle management to reduce bottlenecking between the people on top and everyone else as the alliance continued to grow, and turned the internal workings of the alliance into a well-oiled machine.

In hindsight it still boggles my mind that I was managing the affairs of 600 IRL people. Too bad I can't put something like that on my resume.
Ah sorry about GWII then. We kind of destroyed all of that :(

I was one of the best WCIII players at age 13 . I stopped but I'm incredibly nostalgic for the old days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

thehumandignity posted:

Which is also a nice time (And pretty much the only time) to wear a fedora. Two items of clothing with perfectly legitimate utility that have been given a bad rap by a disturbingly large number of people who think wearing them with any outfit on any occasion will make them as cool as a noir protagonist.

Hahaha, everyone always seems to have a "perfect time to wear a fedora" which is definitely not like when everyone else wears it!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

I don't know exactly how to put my finger on it but the idea that an entire style of shirt is "too conformist" to consider wearing, especially the style most commonly worn by, well, adults, is hilarious to me.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

I have written the most popular Yugioh fanfiction on the Yugioh forums and was a Yugioh superstar also there, on the forums.

• Locked thread