Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Hmm...

First off, I will admit I was that rear end in a top hat who traded cheap cards for rares in the era of pokemon. I got yelled at by like fifteen sets of parents all before I was in high school.

I have several times in my life paused in the middle of sex because a commercial for a game or movie I was spergily excited for came on tv which was on in the background. I have said "hold on I wanna see this..." more than once as well.

When I was in grade school I used to love explaining how to beat games. As in I would sit down in this grade and explain how to beat games they'd never played. Irritating and spoilery. My dad quit playing Super Metroid because he couldn't figure it out and it drove him nuts that I was sitting there bursting at the seams waiting to explain it to him.

I have written twenty different game guides for SNES and N64 games on gamefaqs. Long ones.

There's more but I need a cigarette and more coffee before I start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

So, more stories.

Junior year in high school I did the typical nerd thing and took comp sci. Our teacher was a 22 year old Russian immigrant who came over to work for Shell oil as a networking consultant for their home base in downtown Houston. When he realized everyone in the class was ready for CS 2 or 3 he basically spent the whole class every class either on call with a tech he supervised telling them how to fix things or playing unreal tournament with the rest of us. We were loud, poo poo talking across the class while playing 32 person CTF matches on school computers.

Well by second semester we attracted administrative attention. The AP walked in one day and we didn't notice. She stopped is in our tracks when she heard teach scream "I got that head shot while I gently caress your mother too, yeah?" at a student. We convinced her we were beta testing a game we made as class project (she got lost in mostly meaningless jargon in about five seconds) so she just gave the entire class including the teacher detention for a week for language. She made us come after school and supervised us "beta testing" UT and we all pretended to call out bug reports while continuing to play right in front of her.

Another, I was one of those uber nerds with a watch with functions. Calculator and whatnot. Had a history teacher we hated who put on boring documentaries from twenty years ago and poo poo. Well my watch had a universal remote function for God knows what reason. So I programmed it to the school TVs (all the exact same brand and model) and started loving with her. Turn the volume down, turn the TV off. Fast forward the built in VCR. This went on for weeks. One day she had enough and quietly got the PD to send two officers up. When I turned the TV off she brought them in and happily told us they were going to find the remote and suspend it's owner. They tore the room up and searched all our stuff and even patted us down. No remote. She lost her poo poo and yelled and I was the smart rear end who responded that it must be ghosts. Kept it up and because her entire lesson plan was to watch movies and test over them she pretty much gave up on the class. We started bringing our own movies after that. And the best part was everyone knew it was me and no one sold me out even when she occasionally retaliated with busy work.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

Diet Lime posted:

We remembered.

(obligatory this sounds like room-mate post)

You're all about pretending you're part of the in-crowd aren't you, pubbie?

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

The End posted:

Oh hey look the sperg confessions thread is acti...

"I could have totally been with all the these girls, but I was too busy doing <nerdy thing>."
:goonsay:

They didn't want your nerdy body. They were being polite and sociable. That's what well-adjusted people do. You didn't miss anything, because nothing was coming to you.

Can we have more genuine sperg and less people posting the above exact thing again?

I like how you purposefully misinterpret entitlement because you're bored reading these posts. Being nerdy didn't stop me from getting laid, but I know lots of dudes from the CS circles in high school who passed up blatant invitations because of nerdy priorities or disbelief/low self esteem/spergy over analysis.

Even when it wasn't a blatant invitation there was plenty of passing on opportunities to try when social and romantic success were very possible but guys were to spergy about it to try and talked themselves out of it only to go be a social outcast because that's where they felt like they belonged (because no girl would ever like a guy who is that nerdy and such)

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I am currently in the process of loading every Star Wars book ever published onto my phone in e-book form.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

Conquistador posted:

I've already done so :eng101:

Also, I thought this post was made in one of the two Star Wars threads I post in on these forums, so thats another confession I guess

I got my first smart phone about two months ago, so it's just kinda one of those things I hadn't gotten to until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

BoyG posted:

I was "The guy that could get all the cheats in Goldeneye 64" when I was 12 or so. I must have done it for 3 separate people, two of which were relative strangers to me at the time. One of them became a good friend, so it wasn't a total loss.

In 8th grade I charged people 10 bucks to give them 99 masterballs and a mew with my game genie.

• Locked thread